Spouce asking you to buy junk food

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't do side trips for anything unless we need it, I mean really need it - like toilet paper.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always offer to buy my hubby and son some sweets or their favorite junkie food. They're not eating differently, I am. It's not excessive and they eat it in moderation. It doesn't bother me one bit.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I do, because I'm a feeder.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    SPOUSE*
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful advice... well except for the one person NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP that chose to tell me how to be a "good women!!!" Been married for 12 years... that part I have figured out THX
    But I always expect there to be some people that reply with something that doesn't apply.
    Still I'm not a hater so her opinion was just as valid as all the others.

To clairify, I DO buy what ever he wants to have for munchies in the house... I just make him pay for it!! :wink:
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I actually buy my hubby junk food without him asking, and then ask him to eat it. *shrug*

:drinker:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't care what he eats, we're both adults so.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Not in a relationship, but if I was, hell yes I would. Why should your SO be deprived of food they love because YOU decided to make changes?

Plus, you're a woman. You're supposed to make your man happy.
    QFT.

Puked_zps14419dec.jpg
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SPOUSE*

DUH!!!! I know that! How did I miss it?!?!?!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yep-I get it. Not his fault I decided to be all healthy and he can down an entire package of double-stuffed Oreos as an appetizer and still be 6'2" and 150. If he wants ice cream and cookies-have at it. Just don't eat your ice cream and cookies AND my yogurt and fruit.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful advice... well except for the one person NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP that chose to tell me how to be a "good women!!!" Been married for 12 years... that part I have figured out THX
    But I always expect there to be some people that reply with something that doesn't apply.
    Still I'm not a hater so her opinion was just as valid as all the others.

To clairify, I DO buy what ever he wants to have for munchies in the house... I just make him pay fo it!! :wink:

Excuse me, but I've been in relationships before. Just because I'm not in one right now doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. So my advice still applies, thanks.

Also, no offense but married for 12 years =/= a perfect relationship.

EDIT: I AM IN NO WAY INSINUATING THAT YOUR MARRIAGE ISN'T GOOD. Just in case I get attacked for it. Cause that's NOT what I said. Flowers for everyone: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is a huge fan of junk food.
    I buy it for him. I don't eat it often at all.

The temptation doesn't kill me.
    He's not as restricted as I am, why would I force him to be?
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that as they head out to the gym for a good work out their spouse or Significant Other asks them to stop and buy Oreo's or ice cream or some equally unhealthy thing your trying NOT to eat....
    Do you do it and just try to stay storng or do you tell them to get it themself????

Since I know he is not doing it to derail me, I will get it. I dont have to eat. The choice is mine.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    SPOUSE*

I was thinking that. Spouce is VERY distrakting
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you would want to support unhealthy habits like junk food with your loved ones. If your sig/other asked you to stop on the corner and pick up a dime bag of smack for him, would you? because YOU are the one not shooting heroin, not them?

Lucky for me, both my wife and I have similar tastes and goals in achieving better health. But I know for a fact that if I ask her to grab a frozen pizza or a bag of cheetoh's while she's at the store she will, and has, say if you want to eat that junk buy it yourself. And I thank her for it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've been married TWICE and I think you should buy the stuff for your husband to be a good wife, too.

More marriages always equates to more experience on the topic.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that as they head out to the gym for a good work out their spouse or Significant Other asks them to stop and buy Oreo's or ice cream or some equally unhealthy thing your trying NOT to eat....
    Do you do it and just try to stay storng or do you tell them to get it themself????

when did oreos and ice cream become unhealthy?
  • tessredsky
    tessredsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does this, he tries not to because he knows I want to stay away from that but sometimes we get it just for him, I've managed to stay away from it by snacking on something else while he eats that.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i just did this for my husband. he wanted cookies in his lunch but we ran out the nightt before, so i dropped him off at work in the morning (630am, i normally work out right after i drop him off) and hightailed it to the store, bought the cookies and brought them back to him before he left on his route.

it was difficult having the rest of the bag of cookies on the seat next to me as i drove home. so i can see not wanting to be tempted. but he was so happy when i brought him the oreos. totally worth it.