what made you join MFP?

Options
124»

Replies

• Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I found the app in the Android marketplace. Didn't know about the online part for about a year, but that changed my life :heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    FREE! Had all the features I wanted pretty large food database, ability to log onto my smart phone, ipad, and ability to share with FB
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    no one was supporting me losing weight and i was sick of feeling terrible (both appearance wise and health wise)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    To not be a fat *kitten* at 40.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    A friend was having success with Weightwatchers online, and I wanted something similar. It was the first app that came up when I looked with my iPad!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Another Sparkpeople refugee here. I was searching for a site that was less clunky and had a good database. This is it.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a journal write in my food. I was talking to a friend, who's already gorgeous, who told me about this, so I figured it was pretty good!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My sister wanted company. It turned out to be fun and easy so I stayed.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I had been wanting to lose weight for awhile, and I started taking Kinesiology classes in college that really helped me lose.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I went to my Google store and saw it, there's was no excuse not to try it out. Bottom line I was struggling to keep going since I'd already lost a lot before-I figured mfp might push me harder to get to my final goal.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    New meds - I was told I would put on 10-20kg on them, I'd only just managed to lose 18kg and I HAD to prevent any gains!
  • vixxxen88
    vixxxen88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i came across the site completley by accident, but started using it and was able to see exactly what i was eating and it helped me a lot, I forgot about it there for a while, but im back.. and ready to get my summer body rocking!
  • harunosakura
    harunosakura Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    started off me and 2 friends wanted to have a competition to see who could lose the most weight in 6 months and one of the friends found the app on her phone after the competition was over i stopped going on but im back =)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I had done WW for a year then they changed the program to the new PointsPlus and I just didn't care for the new set up. Tried tracking the old way on my own but after taking a bit of a break over the holidays, I just couldn't get myself into it. Then thankfully a couple co-workers told me about MFP. I joined up and have been hooked ever since!
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Perfectly said! The site is even better than WW. The scanner on the phone app rocks! So happy I found MFP.
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bored with WW's online site. I stopped tracking and felt a little out of control at times. Logging food and exercise works! This site is so user friendly and gets me to exactly where I need to get quickly. The database is impressive and I've never had a problem finding something. I'm saving $18.50/month and I like counting calories better than points. I'm finally losing too.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Figured it would help me in eating better and cutting out the junk food. I confess, I can be a junkaholic. :D Been away all summer and have decided to try and get with the program again. I need some friends. Please add me :)