Beautiful Blues 4/6/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge21.JPG

Here's the new chart, I just sneezed and realized how sore my gut is from exercise--no pain no gain right?? Let's keep on bringing it--and see even better results next week! Mayra I just realized that you have passed 10% Congratulations! You are amazing!! :drinker: :glasses:

I wish all of you the best and will keep you in my prayers. This has been a very tough year for everyone. However we can surpass anything as we are never given any temptation (trial) greater than what we can bear! (I need to remember that the next time I want to eat a whole chocolate cake. :noway:

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Thanks Debnu for the compliment. At this point, the weight loss is happening slower than I would like. But I'm in this for the long run, and I'll wait and do "Whatever it takes" to do this. Exercise has taught me so many things that I can incorporate into my personal life, like one of them is patience. Patience is key in many things and I'm not usually a patient person. Another thing I've learned is to have a balance; in health if you exercise than you need to eat more: that was a hard one to grasp.

I agree, this year has been tough on everyone both financially and health wise and look at all the earthquakes occurring in the world. I'm been job searching with no prospects yet. But I'm not giving up, I'm going to keep searching and "Wait on God" to supply my need. I might think my life is so tough right now but then I see how other people are really suffering I can only count my blessings. Best wishes to everyone on here and to your family.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well put Mayra.

I'm stretched a little thin trying to find a job myself. Quitting my job last week probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but I feel like I had to do it. No amount of money is worth being miserable. Results of my doctor visit last week are weighing heavy on my mind as well, but I'm just trying to stay positive. I'm using this free time to get back to focusing on my health and happiness. :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • smadag1
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    Options
    I've decided to listen to the Nutrition guides telling me to eat more and actually follow the recommendations for my weight and exercise program. I have been SO HUNGRY these days and I find myself suffering through a workout by not pushing as good as I usually do. So, I have increased my calories to the recommended 2000 calories, (which still includes a 500 deficit for me). Whew....I'm glad I did this, but I will continue to monitor my weight daily. :-P I'm obsessed with the scale, what can I say. When I started my weight loss journey I never thought I'd be doing all these crazy workouts: Insanity, P90X, running outside....... This is Bananas!!!
    Take care all!!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    You all and your families are in my prayers. My problems are mere ripples compared to most. Stay focused and strong, and we will all prevail. Everyone stay healthy! We are in this together.

One more time . . . on three . . . GO BLUE!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    By the way, the Latin in my signature, "Ad Astra Per Aspera!" translates as "To the stars through difficulties!" We can do this!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Plyo at 4:30am tomorrow. Whoohoo!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ow ow ow ow.....everything hurts! :laugh:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I think one of the reasons I am loving p90x--is that I have the afterburn--I can't remember the last time I did a workout video and felt the effects for days afterwards. I feel it is really working.

Question on Supplementation. I asked the beachbody coach and got the standard shakeology and recovery drink answer. That is not what I am after. Is it beneficial to take glucosamine, calcium and magnesium, along with a multi-vitamin? What are you doing as supplementation to your food?

I did shoulders and arms and ab ripper x this morning--both very different than what I expected--but very satisfying!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am suppose to do sholders and arms today but hubby wants to go running so I might do that instead then sholders and arms tomorrow instead of yoga. My beach body coach is helping me with my nutrition so hopefully that will help with my weight loss

worked out 3 days in a row I love this momentum
  • debnu1
    Options
    You could do both. S&A is mostly strength--not as much cardio so if you have time do half or so and then do yoga tomorrow like scheduled. :smile:
  • MayLan
    Options
    I think one of the reasons I am loving p90x--is that I have the afterburn--I can't remember the last time I did a workout video and felt the effects for days afterwards. I feel it is really working.

Question on Supplementation. I asked the beachbody coach and got the standard shakeology and recovery drink answer. That is not what I am after. Is it beneficial to take glucosamine, calcium and magnesium, along with a multi-vitamin? What are you doing as supplementation to your food?

I did shoulders and arms and ab ripper x this morning--both very different than what I expected--but very satisfying!

In terms of supplements, I don't take any extra calcium or magnesium because I have really bad effects. My body doesnt' need it. I think you should ask your doctor, after they have checked your blood work.

I'm glad you are liking P90X and the after burn shows you are working it!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    I am suppose to do sholders and arms today but hubby wants to go running so I might do that instead then sholders and arms tomorrow instead of yoga. My beach body coach is helping me with my nutrition so hopefully that will help with my weight loss

I agree with Debnu, you can still do both. This is considered a modified "Doubles". This is what I'm planning to do when I start P90X because I don't want to lose my running stamina. You have to eat more food because you are running, but you will get more benefits from P90x if you do the lifting exercises as it is listed.
  • MayLan
    Options

Are you doing P90X also? Another Xer in the group!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    I am feeling good and today am getting ready to do Insanity Max Interval Circuit. Wohooooo! Let's do this thing! This is the last week of Insanity for me and I'm taking advantage of all this sweat pouring down from me. Not to mention today it is 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Summer is on it's way people!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options

I agree with Debnu, you can still do both. This is considered a modified "Doubles". This is what I'm planning to do when I start P90X because I don't want to lose my running stamina. You have to eat more food because you are running, but you will get more benefits from P90x if you do the lifting exercises as it is listed.

Another thing, Smadag is that Yoga is very important. Tony Horton goes on to say that he looks the way he does at 50 because of Yoga.
  • RachVR6
    Options

Sure am I started it a year or so ago and with work, school, and everything else going on then, I never finished the full 90days. My sister and I decided last week that it was time to stop making excuses and get to it!
  • MayLan
    Options

Sure am I started it a year or so ago and with work, school, and everything else going on then, I never finished the full 90days. My sister and I decided last week that it was time to stop making excuses and get to it!

Awesome, let's do this thing!!! I'm in this for the long run and can't wait to share with you and everyone here on my journey. :-)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome ladies. Bring it..
    Remember, do your best and forget the rest

Rach, nice to see you back. You and your sister can do it. :flowerforyou:

There's been many days after I worked out strength that i wanted to do cardio, should be ok.

Only supplements I'm taking are multi vitamin, ginseng, and omega 3-6-9. I was taking L-glutamine at first for my sore muscles:laugh:

yesterday was plyo, and today was back and biceps. I'm feeling pumped.

Mayra - At first I thought it was weird too, but I'm eating 2000 calories now and still losing.

I'm amazed sometimes by the amount of food I'm taking to work (4 meals)