Beautiful Blues 4/6/10

Options

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Howdy all blue team,
    I'm feeling great again today. 4 weeks left of P90x and before I go on vacation. 5 weeks to the big day.

I put up a new profile pic, and people who know me or seen me know I don't usually show my teeth when I smile.
    Years of caffiene, smoking etc stained my teeth.
    Yesterday I went to the dentist and had the ZOOM treatment done.. OMG. I should have had it done years ago.

Burned 800 calories today with legs and back and ab ripper x. (oh I hate it) burned 800 calories though.

Chrissy - I remember when I first started doing jumping jacks/warmup I'd be sweating, could barely do 5 jumping jacks before i was out of breath or my legs hurt.
    Now I can pump through jumping jacks no problem.

I agree, it makes the journey easier, and gives you that feeling of accomplishment on what we've done to get where we are now.

Shopping - I don't have kids yet, so not sure what that's like but, when I go shopping now, I try to remember to stay on the outside. I never go up and down the aisles unless I need a few things. I start off with vegetables, get some dairy, cheeses, cottage cheese,egg whites, OJ , soy milk, and then the meats. I'll sometimes go through the frozen sections to see what's on special.
    Hope that helps.

Have everyone has a great day.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hey buddies,

Tthumper- Wow, it's almost that time for the big day and I can hear the wedding bells. Awesome job and great new pic, you know you did all this hard work and yeah go ahead and show it off. You are doing great!!

chrissy- Way to go on getting a workout. When I don't have anytime, The shred is one of my favorites because it takes care of many things in a short amount of time. The whole idea is to remember to do something, so way to go for you!

Smadag- Let's do this workout thing!!!! In in this with you as well. You can do it!

I'm going to do my workout in a bit and do Insanity Max Interval Plyo for 60 minutes, tomorrow is my last day of Insanity and Sunday I start P90X.

For people doing any of the beachbody programs, I found a very cool beachbody calorie calculator:
    http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    remember, days like this are just to remind us how good we really have it!!

OK, so I thought yesterday was eventful. Today, I worked at the school all day, and came home to get ready to go do a notary job that I had taken to go to a town about 60 miles north of here to do a reverse mortgage application with an elderly man. After getting frustrated printing documents and trying to call loan officers who either gave me incorrect information or didn't return their calls, I headed out. I was hungry and tired, and ate too many Chester's puffcorn on the way. I needed supper before driving home, and stopped at a grocery store to buy some crab flakes and grapes to eat on the way home to counteract the junk food that I had left in the car and didn't want to touch. Anyway, at dusk, I was driving and thinking about how many calories I may have ingested, and looked to see a large truck (Schwann's - do you have them?) upside down in a wheat field. One other car had stopped, and it had obviously just happened. I pulled off of the road, which has no shoulder and really high ditches (probably down about 20 feet before you get to level ground near the field.) I turned on my hazard lights and got out. There was an elderly woman, and another man on a cell phone trying to call 911. I started down the steep slope slowly to go see if I could help the driver. (I am certified in CPR and First Aid.) There was a woman down there yelling to bring something to try to stop the man's head from bleeding, and another women (younger and more agile than I am) stopped, and was going down there, telling me that she could help and I should try to direct traffic. The man on the phone was clueless as to our location, so I was telling him to tell 911 how to find us. Then I moved my car across the road, and started trying to control traffic. I stopped two semi's, and that was the best thing. One of the drivers said he was a volunteer rescue person, and ran to help, and the other used his semi to help with traffic. After ascertaining that there was really nothing else that I could do, I decided to drive home. By then it was dark, and I was shaking and crying, praying for the man laying in the field. I have no idea how he is. I drove slowly, knowing that I would be meeting rescue vehicles, which I did shortly. I was shaken every time I saw a deer in the ditch, thinking that they would run in front of me. I am thankful to be home, and still praying for the unknown man and his family. Now I am wondering why I was thinking it was such a big deal that I ate two servings of puffcorn instead of one. And why was I impatient with the loan officers. And thank goodness that I stopped at the store, and was not involved in the wreck. All things in perspective, I guess. Thanks for listening. I am going to have a cup of hot tea now.
    All of you - please stay safe!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Goodness Mary, what an eventful couple of days! Stay safe! It is sometimes the not so little things that remind us our place in life and really how good life is to us! Take comfort in knowing that the man was looked after and you did all that you could.

Scary!

I hope tomorrow is a little less eventful!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I'm trying Skinny Saturday today.
    Want to join me?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90605-skinny-saturday-challenge-8
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Skinny Saturday today.
    Want to join me?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90605-skinny-saturday-challenge-8

Hi! Is it too late for me to join Beautiful Blues? This looks like a committed bunch! How do I join?
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hi there fabulousfifty! You are welcome to join. Just send me your weight Monday Morning and I will get you on the chart. We would love to have you join!

I just did Kenpo x! Wow I think that is my most favorite of p90x--so far! I wanted to keep going...It is too bad it wasn't 1-1/2 hours long...:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I just did Kenpo x! Wow I think that is my most favorite of p90x--so far! I wanted to keep going...It is too bad it wasn't 1-1/2 hours long...:bigsmile: :laugh:

Woooo Hooo You go Deb. :smile::laugh: I also did Kenpo X today, I feel great every saturday, after I do that workout in the morning. I agree sometimes I'm so pumped and sweaty and I want to keep going, or doing another type of workout etc.

Welcome Fabulous Fifty. Anybody can join. Good luck with your journey!

Everyone have a great weekend.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hubby just left to start his new job I hope he wont be gone for a long time. I am going to workout everyday he is gone so I can get some great results. Plus my diet will be VARY diffrent while he is away. I will keep my chin up and try not to get to depressed while he is gone

Tomorrow I will go wogging then do some house and yard work. Hope yall have a great weekend
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hey everybody,

I sure missed being on here today like I usually am during the week. Today was my last week of Insanity but I just got home from visiting family. My diet today was horrible, but hey, I've been so good for such a long time, that I'm not going to stress it. This is probably the reset that my body needs. I'll just count in 15 minutes of walking as my exercise for today. I'm back tomorrow for some good exercise.

Good night all!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Mayra - Good to hear from you. I'm glad that you got a day off. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Good night, all blues!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Mary- Hope you had a great day today and a great workout!

Tthumer- Great job with your workout. Keep on going!!

Debnu- I love Kenpox as well, it's so martial arts. Some people use some weights after a while if they feel they have mastered all the moves.

Smadag- I'm glad your hubby has a new job and now you guys are less stressed. I'm sure we can keep you company so you won't be lonely. It sounds like you have a great plan for your workouts while he is gone.

So glad to hear that everyone is bringing it. Today I started P90X and did Chest & back, ABRX, for 75 minutes and I also did a 30 minute jog outside. I sure do need to get more resistance bands especially for the modified pull ups. But for the meantime, stretching out backward created some good resistance. For the weights I used 8 lbs and I do need to get the 10 pound one because I do need it. I have 1 more Insanity workout to do, and I will be done with Insanity. I'm going to do my last Insanity workout tomorrow and substitute it for Plyo. So excited to be on this journey with you guys. I took my before pictures today so that I can track my progress. I sure have come a long way, but here is to losing more pounds and getting more fit.

I'm going out food shopping and looking for some needed foods with lots of proteins because I have altered my eating plan to the P90X Phase 1, which reduces the carbs some. I plan on eating around 2000 calories everyday, and on the days I run, I'll be eating 2,400 calories. Whew...that's a lot of food. But, I want to feed my body so that I can have enough energy to run around and do all sorts of stuff. As I start to loose weight, I'm going to re-calculate my caloric needs, and I'm sure I'll be eating less and less as I lose more weight.

Here is to us, we can do this!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I've come down with an awesome cold and its been a couple days since my last workout. Between going out with friends and staying at the tattoo shop late with my sister...neither of us were really feeling up to it. I'll be back to my routines tomorrow.
  • MayLan
    Options
    I've come down with an awesome cold and its been a couple days since my last workout. Between going out with friends and staying at the tattoo shop late with my sister...neither of us were really feeling up to it. I'll be back to my routines tomorrow.

Hope you feel better, and we all need to take rests when we feel out of it. Can't wait to hear from you though, when you pickup the routines tomorrow. Take care!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Good morning blues!

Don't forget to send me your weights!

Mayra you are so awesome! I was only able to stay on the fat shredder diet for about 2 days before I started feeling it. I loved the recipes though. The chicken salad was fantastic! After that I kinda really fell off the wagon. I knew I wasn't getting enough carbs when the thought of protein sounded nasty and all I could think about was bread.:laugh: I then caved and bought cookies and treats and ate them...not so good. I have realixzed some of my over eating is selfishness. I want it so I am going to eat it before you do...I don't know how to fix that but I am going to start working on it. I am not that selfish, I thought so this is an interesting revelation.

Here starts week two...I feel stronger already. I bought a bikini--Target had them on clearance. I really didn't want to take before pics in my underwear. I was surprised at how un-flattering it was. It seemed to accentuate all my negatives. Hopefully that means my after pics will be that much better!:wink:

Rach I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and drink lots of water!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning blues!

Don't forget to send me your weights!

Mayra you are so awesome! I was only able to stay on the fat shredder diet for about 2 days before I started feeling it. I loved the recipes though. The chicken salad was fantastic! After that I kinda really fell off the wagon. I knew I wasn't getting enough carbs when the thought of protein sounded nasty and all I could think about was bread.:laugh: I then caved and bought cookies and treats and ate them...not so good. I have realixzed some of my over eating is selfishness. I want it so I am going to eat it before you do...I don't know how to fix that but I am going to start working on it. I am not that selfish, I thought so this is an interesting revelation.

Here starts week two...I feel stronger already. I bought a bikini--Target had them on clearance. I really didn't want to take before pics in my underwear. I was surprised at how un-flattering it was. It seemed to accentuate all my negatives. Hopefully that means my after pics will be that much better!:wink:

Rach I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and drink lots of water!

well, since I'm eating so much food (2000 cals daily, and 2400 calories on the days that I run), I find that I have a lot of room for carbs. Are you eating enough calories? I would first try adding calories, and if that doesn't work I would add an extra carb. The P90x also mentions this, that if you feel like "bonking", like you can't get through a workout, then you should add an extra carb. I 'm going to try P90x Phase I eating plan but if I don't feel well, I'll add extra carb.

I have been so needing all these extra calories since starting this program. And I am slowly becoming a believer that it is possible to lose weight eating all these foods. Society has had me believing we have to be starving to lose weight.

I don't really feel deprived in terms of sweets. I try to make up a healthy version of something I like. My favorites right now are quaker rice cake (salt-free) with peanut butter and jelly, greek yogurt with honey and blackstrap molasses (this tastes like ice cream to me), protein shake with bananas and frozen berries along with milled flax seeds. Oh and for the warm days coming up I have Edy's fruit bars made from Acai berry. I'm amazed at all the foods I'm eating, it seems like such a large quantity. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and I bought so much food, but I told my hubby that I don't feel bad because I eat from my house all day, it's not like I order out, so in a way that is saving money.. $$$$ :)

Oh, and I can't wait to take the after- pictures when I'm done with this round of P90X. But I'm sure this will not be my last round...

I'll post later when I'm done with my workout. I'm babysitting my cousin's baby today and he's sleeping right now.

TTYL
  • debnu1
    Options
    I was getting 2000 cals a day, at least...I have been doing protein shakes/bars and greek yogurt. I just discovered AGave nectar... I put it in my yogurt this morning and it was heavenly! I just need to keep the other sweets out of the house.

I still only have 3 weights...where is everyone today?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am not having a good day all I want to do is cry. I have not lost any weight in a long time, I am in desperate need of a job, my money is running low and I did not workout today I am just to overwhelmed right now. I just don't know what to do. HUbby is gone and I feel alone even with his uncle here with me

I am going to get back at it tomorrow I do cardio then maybe a run

Wednesday I leave to visist my family, my great grandma is in the hospital and my neice is having her bday party Sunday so I am going to relax with my peeps and try to forget about all this stuff for a while

Sorry had to vent
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, keep exercising it will help you feel better. Take a hot bath, read a book and center yourself again. You are doing so well considering all you have been through lately. Sometimes we just need a good cry...I know I could probably use one right now, I tend to let my emotions bottle up inside me. Hopefully you will get to talk to your hubby again soon. Keep looking for a job, one will turn up soon. Remember the night is darkest just before dawn! You can do this. You are strong. You are powerful! You can do anything! Look around you because the answers you need are right there staring at you and you just didn't realize it. Sometimes our eyes aren't really seeing. :smile: Take care and don't be too hard on yourself. You can do this, just one step at a time!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag- What debnu said was spot on. Sometimes we need a little cry and then that helps us feel better. Definitely the trip with your family will be great because you will be among people you love and who love you. Please don't feel alone, there's alot of people that don't have jobs right now. The economy is horrible, and it is not your fault. Keep being yourself and take advantage of this time to do all the little things you have always wanted to do, but that you could not have done because of a full time job. Eat healthy, exercise like you had planned so you can look and feel great. I'm sure something great will come your way.

debnu- some of the organic things I buy have agave nectar, and I did see it in the organic section of the grocery... hmmm...you are giving me ideas to buy some... :)

2/88 P90X Classic

Hi all fitness buddies,

Today I had to do Plyo but I replaced it with Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and cardio abs, and today I have finished Insanity. My lower abs are sore from yesterdays ab ripper x and each day I'm enjoying all the calories I get to eat for working out so hard. I will remember next time to do ab ripper x without sneakers before the weight lifting exercises, so that I can have a better form. I'm feeling so great and so far have had no crazy carb needs...I'm still watching out for it. My chest is sore from the lifting yesterday, but I feel like its not sore enough. I definitely need resistance bands with more weight and more dumbbells. Did I say I love eating all this food. I hope the weight starts to come off soon, like people have recommended.