Beautiful Blues 4/6/10

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It is great reading about how all of you are doing. Makes my evening before I go to bed when I have had a busy day. I did want to share that I did my monthly measuring yesterday, and even though I have lost very little weight, I continue to lose inches. Except in my calves, which are increasing. So, do you think that instead of losing weight I am gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, or do you think that is a cop out? Just wondering.

Anyway, everyone have a good night's sleep and hope tomorrow goes well for you. Here's to smart choices!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Mary - I'd take inches over pounds any day. I don't know if it's solely muscle vs. fat...it could also be attributed to how much water your body's holding and all sorts of things. Working out doesn't just burn fat, it changes your body's composition.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms done...and I'm feeling PUMPED! It's one of my favs, but just because it seems to go by quickly. Haha. I have lots of little errands to run today and I'm hoping to get some more job applications filled out.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    going to do sholders and arms today since I don't have 90 minutes to commite to yoga today and didn't get it done yesterday.
    Hubby got a job today so I have to try to find all his CB stuff so he will have it in his big truck. He will be gone for days (maybe weeks) at a time so I wil not have him as a distraction from my workouts

Might try to fit in yoga later if things settle down, to wet here to run today so no outside fun today
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how many calories the yoga burns--my HRM said 627 for the 90 minutes. It felt a little long but I did get through it all...:bigsmile: I really need to get to bed earlier. I have been getting up at 5 to exercise--my only me time all day, but then I have not been able to get to bed before 10 lately. Today I am going to try my hardest to make it work.

smadag, congrats to your hubby! I am sure it won't be easy to have him gone for so long, but being able to get your workouts in without distraction is a great bonus. :laugh:

Have a healthy day everyone!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how many calories the yoga burns--my HRM said 627 for the 90 minutes. It felt a little long but I did get through it all...:bigsmile: I really need to get to bed earlier. I have been getting up at 5 to exercise--my only me time all day, but then I have not been able to get to bed before 10 lately. Today I am going to try my hardest to make it work.

smadag, congrats to your hubby! I am sure it won't be easy to have him gone for so long, but being able to get your workouts in without distraction is a great bonus. :laugh:

Have a healthy day everyone!

Awesome job on the yoga, Deb. Wow, that's alot of calories. The first time I did Yoga I wanted to stop because it was so long, but I also pushed through it. I'm glad you pushed through. That is awesome!!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms done...and I'm feeling PUMPED! It's one of my favs, but just because it seems to go by quickly. Haha. I have lots of little errands to run today and I'm hoping to get some more job applications filled out.

I haven't tried that one yet. Glad you liked it!!!!! Wish you the best in the job applications. You can do it!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    It is great reading about how all of you are doing. Makes my evening before I go to bed when I have had a busy day. I did want to share that I did my monthly measuring yesterday, and even though I have lost very little weight, I continue to lose inches. Except in my calves, which are increasing. So, do you think that instead of losing weight I am gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, or do you think that is a cop out? Just wondering.

Anyway, everyone have a good night's sleep and hope tomorrow goes well for you. Here's to smart choices!

Awesome job on the inches lost Mary, you are definitely getting muscle and getting rid of fat. Your'e getting nice and toned!! Go you!
  • MayLan
    Options
    going to do sholders and arms today since I don't have 90 minutes to commite to yoga today and didn't get it done yesterday.
    Hubby got a job today so I have to try to find all his CB stuff so he will have it in his big truck. He will be gone for days (maybe weeks) at a time so I wil not have him as a distraction from my workouts

Might try to fit in yoga later if things settle down, to wet here to run today so no outside fun today

Yeah! So happy for you guys and the new job!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hey all,

Just getting ready to do Insanity Max Interval Sports Training. Let's bring on all the sweat!!!!! Wohoooooo!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Oops just posted on the old thread....blah blah blah complained about hectic schedule - I will get some form of exercise in before I go to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Let's set up a goal for the week...I think I need to make mine to not buy any candy, cookies or treats at the store. Any tips on how to follow through? I have been bad today because I bought cookies even whenI wasn't hungry while shopping...:ohwell: :noway: :grumble: How do you avoid the bad stuff when you go. I probably should not take kids with me...hmmm..:bigsmile:

I guess I ought to figure out dinner. This week has gotten away from me. I started out planning well and now I don't have a clue. :tongue: What are you guys having?
  • msh0530
    Options

Yeah! So happy for you guys and the new job!

Double hurrah!!
  • msh0530
    Options

I guess I ought to figure out dinner. This week has gotten away from me. I started out planning well and now I don't have a clue. :tongue: What are you guys having?

Let me tell you about my day:
    The electricity apparently went off during the night, and I never knew, so alarm didn't go off as planned. Got up a little too late for work, but still could make it. Discovered one of my cats had broken my bottle of balsamic vinegar during the night. What a lovely smell and mess! Rushed around and left the house. Husband's car was supposed to go to the shop to get brakes - I forgot to take him. He had to prevail on a friend at work to get there. I got to work, and during the first class, took a sip of my hot tea. Hmmm, it was lukewarm. My handy dandy water heater/cooler had apparently got flipped off by the electricity. So, lukewarm tea for the day. During the second class, I was supervising students taking state math assessments. One poor girl got very frustrated and was yelling at her computer and me, in tears, ready to quit school. Took me 20 minutes to calm her down enough to try to take the test. I start realizing that I don't feel very good. Oh, yeah! I never took any of my medicine in the rush to leave the house! So - arthritis is flaring, blood sugar is high, and allergies are kicking in, causing me to sneeze almost continually. During lunch, I look in my purse, where I am supposed to have extra meds. Lo and behold, it is dated 2005! So much for that idea. After lunch the day continues. One of my students apparently stole the other's $300 Ipod touch. As of the end of the day, still not found. Another student ran out of medication today, and is getting wild. I finally took him out to walk the track at one point just to get him to keep his hands off of people. After school, when I was supposed to leave, the teacher was off dealing with a state assessment problem and forgot that she left a student who had detention in the room, so I got stuck at work late. Then hubby called to tell me that the car is not fixed and I need to pick him up. I had to cancel my swim. I was so tired, the answer to what I had for supper is Subway. I never eat out! And now I still need to clean up broken glass and vinegar.
    That being said, I am in a pretty good mood and just glad that my troubles are so minor. My husband insisted on buying a lottery ticket on the way home. I said "With our luck today??" He said "Well, we haven't wasted any good luck yet, maybe there is a lot left in the day!"
    Everyone have a great evening, and remember, days like this are just to remind us how good we really have it!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mary, you make me smile. Thanks for sharing. Subway is a great choice! I love their sandwiches. What a crazy day for you! Thanks for reminding me that the glass is half full! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Let's set up a goal for the week...I think I need to make mine to not buy any candy, cookies or treats at the store. Any tips on how to follow through? I have been bad today because I bought cookies even whenI wasn't hungry while shopping...:ohwell: :noway: :grumble: How do you avoid the bad stuff when you go. I probably should not take kids with me...hmmm..:bigsmile:

Hmmm...if I am craving sweets I try to find an organic or healthy version of it and eat it. Because when I don't have it, I just tend to obsess about it. But for the most part I try not to have too many of those around, and only get them when I have the craving. I'm a big icecream fanatic, but I've been getting my hit with greek yogurt and honey and blackstrap molasses. Oh, Edy's and Nestle's have these wonderful fruit bars and today I just tried the acai berry...delicous.

For dinner I had chicken, vwith green beans, and spanish rice and beans (cooked together).
  • MayLan
    Options

Let me tell you about my day:
    The electricity apparently went off during the night, and I never knew, so alarm didn't go off as planned. Got up a little too late for work, but still could make it. Discovered one of my cats had broken my bottle of balsamic vinegar during the night. What a lovely smell and mess! Rushed around and left the house. Husband's car was supposed to go to the shop to get brakes - I forgot to take him. He had to prevail on a friend at work to get there. I got to work, and during the first class, took a sip of my hot tea. Hmmm, it was lukewarm. My handy dandy water heater/cooler had apparently got flipped off by the electricity. So, lukewarm tea for the day. During the second class, I was supervising students taking state math assessments. One poor girl got very frustrated and was yelling at her computer and me, in tears, ready to quit school. Took me 20 minutes to calm her down enough to try to take the test. I start realizing that I don't feel very good. Oh, yeah! I never took any of my medicine in the rush to leave the house! So - arthritis is flaring, blood sugar is high, and allergies are kicking in, causing me to sneeze almost continually. During lunch, I look in my purse, where I am supposed to have extra meds. Lo and behold, it is dated 2005! So much for that idea. After lunch the day continues. One of my students apparently stole the other's $300 Ipod touch. As of the end of the day, still not found. Another student ran out of medication today, and is getting wild. I finally took him out to walk the track at one point just to get him to keep his hands off of people. After school, when I was supposed to leave, the teacher was off dealing with a state assessment problem and forgot that she left a student who had detention in the room, so I got stuck at work late. Then hubby called to tell me that the car is not fixed and I need to pick him up. I had to cancel my swim. I was so tired, the answer to what I had for supper is Subway. I never eat out! And now I still need to clean up broken glass and vinegar.
    That being said, I am in a pretty good mood and just glad that my troubles are so minor. My husband insisted on buying a lottery ticket on the way home. I said "With our luck today??" He said "Well, we haven't wasted any good luck yet, maybe there is a lot left in the day!"
    Everyone have a great evening, and remember, days like this are just to remind us how good we really have it!!

What a day for you, but you have a great attitude about life and attitude is the most important thing.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Oops just posted on the old thread....blah blah blah complained about hectic schedule - I will get some form of exercise in before I go to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go, you can do it!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Woohoo-felt so good to do the 30 day shred last night---only did level one but used 10 pound hand weights for almost all of it....amazing when I think back of when I started and I couldn't even do 5 jumping jacks! HA! Look at me know! Makes continuing on this journey seem easier!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    hubby starts his new job tomorrow and will be gone for a VERY long time he might be home 1 weekend a month. He will be driving all over the country I will miss him but this is what he needs to do to make money and pay the bills.
    I am making a commitment that while he is gone to workout everyday even if it is just a walk or yard work.

Mary that sounds like one heck of a day glad you were in a good mood after all that.