skookumrob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kettle cooked potato chips
    +
    Real fruit gummies
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love those sparkling ice waters. The grapefruit one is really good too as a mixer. I am primarily a beer drinker and swapped to Bud Light Select 55. No, it is not the same as the full calorie beers. But I get to have a few with my friends without having to count it as a cheat.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I see the Introduce Yourself section is slowing turning into the Chit Chat Fun and Games section.

Ok, so maybe admitting I love a glass a wine was not the best way to introduce myself, but hey, what's wrong with a little chit chat & fun N games. :)

By the way~~~~~HI, I'm new. Just signed on to get my profile moving but my intended start date is 3/1/13. I'm a planner, lol. Cleaning the cookies and crackers out of my desk at work to make way for ummmmmm, well, I have no idea at this point. Any ideas?

Were all here for support and advice! Starting the road can be tough, but MFP friends can help you though it. Promise!
  • Millzy123
    Options
    Hello I just joined the site yesterday and I saw this board! So with that being said my guilty pleasures are as follows:

Beer
    Wine
    POTATO CHIPS (they are my kryptonite)

I am going to have to find a way to cut down on the beer intake but I am a huge sports fan and wine and hockey doesn't really go well together..I would love some suggestions on light beers that don't taste like water.

Potato chips are probably the one food item I can not live without although I have been very good with not keeping them in the house and when a craving comes along I can't ignore I stick to buying the snack size bag instead of the full one. For all you other potato chip lovers out there I would seriously suggest trying kale chips, they are super simple to make and they have a great crunch!
  • Purple5150
    Options
    Hello I just joined the site yesterday and I saw this board! So with that being said my guilty pleasures are as follows:

Beer
    Wine

I am going to have to find a way to cut down on the beer intake but I am a huge sports fan and wine and hockey doesn't really go well together..I would love some suggestions on light beers that don't taste like water.

Potato chips are probably the one food item I can not live without although I have been very good with not keeping them in the house and when a craving comes along I can't ignore I stick to buying the snack size bag instead of the full one. For all you other potato chip lovers out there I would seriously suggest trying kale chips, they are super simple to make and they have a great crunch!

Sounds like me :) Sports and beer! If you get any good advice, please share! I just joined but I'm trying to get in a mind set so I don't scare myself into starvation before I really get going.
  • shytrevoak
    Options

Beer
    Wine

Hi there! I get you on all your loves. I'm not one to know a good diet beer since I just gave it up all together. But I do know there are decent beers out there in the lower calorie range. Perhaps some of the other posters can give you some tips!

And as for chips, ugh I miss em. Tall glass of milk, potato chips, a good book. Totally were my college days. I'd try and switch to baked perhaps? If that is your guilty pleasure, just do it in moderation! Too much will kill progress. But a little can't hurt! ;)
  • Millzy123
    Options

Beer
    Wine

Sounds like me :) Sports and beer! If you get any good advice, please share! I just joined but I'm trying to get in a mind set so I don't scare myself into starvation before I really get going.

I know the feeling I almost had a heart attack when I saw how many calories I was eating in a day! the chicken sandwich I thought was healthy turned out to be over 700 calories!!...a good friend of mine is an olympic lifter and she has a ton of great advice when it comes to good food choices. her username is swifty1117
  • Purple5150
    Options
    Finding MFP so motivating and I haven't even read beyond introducing yourself. Really think I am gonna enjoy this journey. Thanks Shytrev for the positives.

I would welcome new friends to share motivation, advice, or even good cooking tips! :)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburgers and beer (Palisade Brewing Co's Dirty Hippie with a slice of orange, or Suds Bros. Brewery's chocolate stout-YUMMO!)
  • AmyStellaB
    AmyStellaB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chocolate lots of it........ All of it...... It taunts me
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I see the Introduce Yourself section is slowing turning into the Chit Chat Fun and Games section.

Ok, so maybe admitting I love a glass a wine was not the best way to introduce myself, but hey, what's wrong with a little chit chat & fun N games. :)

By the way~~~~~HI, I'm new. Just signed on to get my profile moving but my intended start date is 3/1/13. I'm a planner, lol. Cleaning the cookies and crackers out of my desk at work to make way for ummmmmm, well, I have no idea at this point. Any ideas?

You looking for healthier snack ideas to start stocking up on? Some of my favorites... Snack factory pretzle chips for my salty cravings... they come in multiple flavors and you can have 10 ships for 110 calories. And they are way more filling that regular chips so 10 is usually enough. As for sweet cravings I like the skinny cow candies, or fiber one 90 calorie brownies. Good luck when you get started!

As for my ultimate guilty pleasures... bacon cheese burger & fries! Since I started my diet I have avoided this completely, but still dream about them. ...seriously I dream of burgers and fries, lol :tongue:
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    A vodka and diet redbull, which I am enjoying tonight
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh... for all the beer lovers... I have not tried it yet, but I was looking online and saw Bud makes a beer called Bud Select 55, only 55 calories a bottle. I'm a beer lover too, but I used to go for a nice Hef (wheat beer)... so I've been hesitant to try this, not sure it will be the same. But if you like Budweiser or Bud Lite... this may be perfect :drinker:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and honey.
    *licks knife clean and leaves*
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's ice cream!
  • shytrevoak
    Options
    Well I'm glad I posted this!!

It's been nice to get all our sweets, salts, and drinks out on the table, and see that we are all SAME. There has been such a focus on clean healthy eats in my book for months that it's nice to just say it out loud and declare what we miss out of this journey. Or what we can't give up and still include in our diet moderately/cheat days.

Thanks to everyone who commented! It's been entertaining and fun. :)
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Well good for you! For admitting a guilty pleasure!

Now come on, you took the time to click on my post, and say something, so hence, you have found pleasure in attempting to destroy my fun. BUT you haven't. So why don't you come out of your crabby closet and tell us all what your real guilty pleasures are.

And maybe smile :)

Someone pissed in my Cheerios this morning. Sorry for being crabby. My guilty pleasure is a bacon and fried bologna sandwich with two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun :)
  • truly_crazy_me
    Options
    Anything chocolate, my grandma's tuna salad, and my aunts lasagna! YUM! Especially Grandma's tuna salad, I could eat a whole mountain of that! :smile:
  • gouldie5
    Options
    Ooo...Bacon Spaghetti sounds delicious! I just love cookies and ice cream, too. :)
  • gouldie5
    Options
    Ooo...love Ben and Jerry's. What's your favorite?