Who is the most obnoxious person at YOUR gym??

Options

Replies

• bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me miss the gym terribly.
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    People that do stuff like this with the gym equipment

Gym-leg-extension-machine-fail_zpsd530a421.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    don't really have anyone i can't stand, but there is one guys who recent seems to want to do the exact same thing as i do at procisely the same time. thats a problem at a crap gym like PF lol
  • Peruminicana86
    Options
    The guy that likes to yell, "Oh Yeah!" and "I will never stop!" while fist pumping on the treadmill. At first it was kinda funny but not so much after 30mins. -_-
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    this couple comes in...and they are grunters.... I mean...to the point in which I have joked with people that work there...that they need to make gym rules and post that they are not allowed to make noises like they are getting it on...

It wouldnt be SO bad..if it was like 450 deadlifts...but the dude is BP'ing 120...:wink:

So, just because he's not strong enough to suit you, he's more obnoxious? :huh:

My max on the bench press is 65. It takes everything in my body to get it to happen. I make noise. Obviously I need to be shot and killed so other people can work out in peace. Noted.

Every time I see a thread like this, I think Great, way to prove to everyone that is scared people might be watching them - that there ARE a whole BUNCH of people watching AND judging them, that cant wait to go talk about it on the internet.

So encouraging.

OMG! Thanks for saying this...when something is unacceptable such as not wiping down machines, I'd understand. But someone grunting cuz they really are going at their maximum capacity is perfectly normal and not something to be made fun of.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    People that drop their weights. First of all, that's a good way to damage the equipment. Second of all, it doesn't make you cooler or badder if the weight sounds heavy when it hits the floor. It's just distracting when we turn our heads to see what idiot did it. :ohwell:
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't mind anyone that is just there to get their workout in. There is no reason to be self-conscious about going to a gym to get in shape. I admire every person I see who is actually at the gym to get a workout in.

However, the people that are craving attention by dancing obnoxiously before class starts (and doing the routines because they know them so well), talking loudly to each other while the instructor is teaching, watching themselves in the mirror not because they want to check form, but because they are in love with themselves (and yes, you can tell the difference), and singing loudly to the music during class? Sorry, but I will be annoyed. There is a group of girls at my gym who go to every freakin' class and they do all of these things at all classes. You can't help but notice them - they want you too. They act like they own the gym. Oh, and ETA they drop their weights too. That kills me. It's one thing if you are an olympic lifter, but in Body pump, if you need to drop it, it's too heavy.

I'm also annoyed by the guy who brings "insanity" to the gym and plays it very loudly on his portable DVD player while taking frequent breaks. Obviously all about attention.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    People that drop their weights. First of all, that's a good way to damage the equipment. Second of all, it doesn't make you cooler or badder if the weight sounds heavy when it hits the floor. It's just distracting when we turn our heads to see what idiot did it. :ohwell:

You can't help it if you fail a rep though to be fair.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My trainer when she kicks my a**! (j/k) :smile:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    There is a girl in my gym who I have only seen in the changing room. She is always there either applying make up, doing her hair or body brushing herself naked with one leg raised on the bench displaying her very, very untrimmed lady garden
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am the annoying person slayer at my gym. I will not have that atmosphere around my work out. I relentlessly recruit them into being nice by smiling at them and including them. Usually they are so baffled that their grumpzilla tactic hasn't worked, or in actual fact are just nice people who no one has chatted to before. If someone is obnoxious it is usually something to do with how I am feeling about myself - because it is only when I am insecure that is when I let people get to me.
  • jonswife0206
    Options

You can't help it if you fail a rep though to be fair.

Absolutely true. Except he must fail every day at every machine, LOL.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    this couple comes in...and they are grunters.... I mean...to the point in which I have joked with people that work there...that they need to make gym rules and post that they are not allowed to make noises like they are getting it on...

It wouldnt be SO bad..if it was like 450 deadlifts...but the dude is BP'ing 120...:wink:

My max on the bench press is 65. It takes everything in my body to get it to happen. I make noise. Obviously I need to be shot and killed so other people can work out in peace. Noted.

Every time I see a thread like this, I think Great, way to prove to everyone that is scared people might be watching them - that there ARE a whole BUNCH of people watching AND judging them, that cant wait to go talk about it on the internet.

So encouraging.

Yes! I couldn't wait to be judgmental! I live for it..because it makes me feel better about myself..:grumble: :grumble:

Trust me..if you had this couple at YOUR gym..you would be thinking the same damn thing.. it echos thru the WHOLE place...even when you are in a closed bathroom!!!! There is working hard noises I totally get...but this is just...woah...
  • jonswife0206
    Options
    There is a girl in my gym who I have only seen in the changing room. She is always there either applying make up, doing her hair or body brushing herself naked with one leg raised on the bench displaying her very, very untrimmed lady garden

O.M.G. hahaha..@ lady garden
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The lady who puts so much stank perfume on in the bathroom after her work out that I choke on it when I am getting my stuff out of my locker. It burns my nose and my throat so bad that I am coughing within 5 seconds.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

So encouraging.

"Obviously I need to be shot and killed so other people can work out in peace." Yes. That is exactly what she was saying.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My gym is my living room, and the most obnoxious person there is my cat. The little a-hole attacks my ponytail when im doing crunches and jumps on my arms and chews my hands when i do chest flies. then when im on my feet he either watches me, staring, until i go back down, or sits in front of the TV, or attempts to destroy my yoga mat.

Can you imagine if someone at the GYM tried to do that to you?

Hahaha! Awesome! Earlier this week when I was doing pushups, my dog decided to lie down and roll onto her back -- perfectly positioned with her nose under my face so that she could lick me every time I came close to the floor. I ended up doing planks instead, which is much harder to do when laughing. Perhaps she really was helping me??
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

What does it sound like when you put down your bodyweight in iron plates?

And how does putting those iron plates down on the second floor of a building (which causes echoes) damaging the equipment, please?
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wait, some of you are actually upset about people being naked in the locker room? Seriously?

"There's good naked...and there's bad naked" - Seinfeld

LOL. Yep. And bad naked should cover up their wrinkly behind on the way to the shower.

No. I refuse. I will never do this. Not now, not when I'm 80. It's a freakin' locker room.

Maybe the question is why you can't seem to draw your eyes away from "wrinkly behinds."
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

So encouraging.

"Obviously I need to be shot and killed so other people can work out in peace." Yes. That is exactly what she was saying.

and you are jumping in because... you also have something super helpful to say? or did you just reallllllllllllllly want to interact with me sooooooo badly that you just couldn't help yourself?

You can PM me you know, if you just wanna chatter about opinions. MFP encourages people to take their issues to PM. However, I am allowed to respond to people who complain publicly about things I do in the gym that are hurting no one.

I lift heavy and I make noises. I may not scream, or shout- but I grunt, groan and yelp. I find this insulting.