Come on you ninnies. Share your Food Log!

Options
1235»

Replies

• BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This:
    Unfortunately, a vast majority of the users on this site are NOT certified, trained, or otherwise experienced dieticians. Therefore, taking advice on my diet from most of the users here would be like taking structural engineering advice from my mailman.

I keep myself accountable by printing my logs at the end of the day, something about having them in print in front of me keeps me on track. If I had my logs public I'd be tempted not to write down, say, that truffle I ate after dinner, or the 1/8 of a cookie I had at lunch. I'm not on a diet - I can eat whatever I want as long as I stick within my calorie limits. Trying to stick to them is changing my food choices by default - I look to foods that will fill me up with the least number of calories. I look at my log at the end of the day and see, "Man, I didn't have ANY calcium today," all of that works for me. I just don't like the idea of people creeping over my logs and offering 'helpful' suggestions or trying to make themselves feel better at my expense. I'm a friendly person and I'm fairly open, but I just don't see myself ever opening my food logs up for people to see, it's just too private. Plus, there are a bunch of people on this site that are bat-*kitten* crazy with their 500 calories a day garbage or supplements, and I'm not on board with fads like that.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have to de friend people if they don't eat enough.

I can't bear people being congratulated on having a "great day" when they've eaten 1000 cals and burned off 300 on the treadmill.

That's some eating disorder **** right there.
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    mines public and i'm doing adkins
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    I unfriend anyone who does not have it open, food and exercise is the entire purpose of this site so if I can't see yours then how can I possibly offer any true advice, support, or critique.

That's a bit offensive. Im glad Im not your friend. I would find it demoralizing if someone did that to me. This site is what you make it into. I didn't join it for professional advice from people here. I wouldn't lay that pressure on them.

And some of us have anxiety. Im very private about some things in my life, otherwise I panic. I absolutely dislike when people know what I do, when and where. I came to this site because I needed a calorie counter. The advice, support and motivation is just a bonus that I discovered along the way.

To each his own, but I think it's rude to remove people just cos they prefer to remain private(at the very least ask a person if their diary is open before friending them to avoid hurting them or something... They didn't mean to piss anyone off by following their preference)