Thursday: 45 min bootcamp, 40 min lunchtime walk, 60 hip hop cardio
    Friday: 45 min bootcamp
    Saturday: Long distance run, anywhere from 60 mins to 90 mins
  • misskate1987
    Options
    whenever I feel like it, haha.

but my weekly schedule looks something like this:

Monday - c25k
    Tuesday - PT session (am) + Body Combat (pm)
    Wednesday - c25k
    Thursday - Cycle/Spin
    Friday - c25k
    Saturday - PT
    Sunday - walk

+ the occasional lunchtime walk

I'm also thinking about adding in 30DS and/or some more strength training.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Six days a week. My workouts range from 50 minutes (pure cardio days) to 1.5 hours or so (weights days). I like to take my time on the weights days, and tend to add something else onto those days, whether it's yoga or a core routine, or just another cardio workout like a light run.
  • fly4acareer
    fly4acareer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It varies. I try to always get in at least 2 days a week, but feel really good when I can get in 4. I always have at least 2 or more rest days to give muscles time to rebuild and relax. Make sure to mix up the workouts to keep your body guessing, and making progress. I've been wanting to try yogo, or spinning, but haven't gotten around to it yet. If I get in 4 workouts I do weight training for legs 2x and arms 2x, and anytime I workout I get in 30 min of cardio of my choice...treadmill, stairclimber, biker, elliptical, rowing...if I find myself getting bored I'll do 5-10 min on each machine which seems to make my workout go by very quickly :-)
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do three hour-long cardio classes per week, 4-5 hour long yoga classes (a mix of vinyasa/power classes and less strenuous classes) and walk 5k (sometimes more) per day. I let my body or circumstance (working dawn til dusk, aching joints, holidays, etc) determine when I have a rest day.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    every day usually about 30-55 minutes
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All Cardio work at this stage until I get to my goal, then will start on weights

7 days a week at least 1.5 - 2 hours a day
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    6 times a week. @ 1.5-2 hrs a day.
    Cardio and strength alternating between upper and lower body.
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise everyday, I aim to burn 1k+ calories a day.

That's insane unless you know how to fuel it...use your diet for weight control, exercise for fitness

^^ I totally agree with this! Eat the right foods and you don't have to exercise all that much; and if you eat right, every exercise you do helps to tone, strengthen and make you more fit!

Personally, I do 30 minutes of walking (4 mph) at least 4 days a week, 20-30 minutes of circuit workouts (cardio and strength training using my own body weight) 2-3 times a week; and 30 minutes of yoga 2-3 times a week. I work what I can into my schedule; generally end up working out in some way 6 days/week for a total of 200-300 minutes each week. Also, all done at home or outside; no gym membership necessary! :wink:
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 45 min on the elliptical and i try to do an hr walk each night. on my off day i normally go for a hike
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 60-90 minutes. Combo of strength, weights, and cardio.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Aww! I thought I was doing good with my little ole 3-4 days a week for an hour. You all look amazing! I guess I need to up my game if Im ever going to get to that level.

You ARE doing good with your workouts!! If it's working for you then do it. That's really all that matters.

As stupid as it sounds I like working out. When I get into a groove I don't like to stop. I was doing Insanity and that forced me to workout every day even if I didn't want to and I got used to it so I plan on keeping up with my 6 days a week (notice I said "plan" LOL!)

Seriously if what you're doing works for you and fits into your schedule then keep doing it. It doesn't matter what everyone else does all that matters is what YOU do.

Thank you for the encouragement :) Honestly, the thought of enjoying exercise was completely foreign to me until recently. I'm just now getting to that point. I have a nice work/life/fitness balance and it's doing the trick for now. That said, I would REALLY like to get to that beautiful, ripped physique eventually and I know it's going to take a lot more than what I'm putting in. You fellow MFPers definitely inspire.
  • mmk2988
    Options
    15 Minutes of Cardio, Walking depends on requirement and climate.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1-1 1/2 hour 6 days a week at 5 am
    Monday: P90x (chest and arms) and 15-20 HIIT
    Tuesday: Insanity (am) and Spinning (pm)
    Wednesday: p90x (back and arms) 15-20 HIIT
    Thursday: Insanity (am) and spinning (pm)
    Friday: Insanity
    Saturday: p90x (legs and back) and plyo or 30 HIIT
    Sunday: rest light activity

Love working out.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Minimum 1 hour 5-6 times a week. On Saturdays and Sundays I do 2 hours each. I love my gym, running, strength training with my trainer and the classes are fun too.