Changing lanes without signaling

Options

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My father would always say oh, we have a basketball player in front of us. He's trying to fake us out.

Seriously, it's there for a reason! :explode:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves! I usually start yelling "Oh gee, i didn't know they made ::insert car make here:: without turn signals" and then I crawl right up on their *kitten*. I have a severe case of road rage :bigsmile:

Hahahahaha I yell "Turn signals aren't a f**king decoration, *kitten*!!"
    Yeah.... no road rage here.... :wink:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What about signaling without changing lanes? I get paranoid and just know that as soon as I try and pass, they'll pull over on top of me.
    My dad does this...he's getting old and quite deaf and doesn't hear the damned thing blinking...drives me batty to go anywhere with him driving!!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    mirror, signal, manoeuvre ....simple as that
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    thats illegal... if people do it they can get a ticket.. so.. i always use my signal even if no one is around..

me too. out of habit more than anything else. but yeah, i hate the little @$$holes who don't bother using a signal. i swear a lot...IN MY CAR.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My guess is that signals must be optional on new cars :wink:
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    In Southern California, we come over on you and signal just to let you know we just cut you off in case you did not see it.
    ^^^ This

-or- The guy in front you, on the freeway, in the fast lane, with his left blinker going for the last 10 miles. Go ahead, make the left!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    word.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i hate the ones who drive slower than or at speed limit in the left hand lane. Seriously? You're in the way and impeding the flow of traffic. Move the eff over.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    HUGE pet peeve of mine! I often wonder why manufacturers even make cars with signals anymore as it's becoming an extinct act.

A quirky little game I play in my head whenever I take an off ramp, I count the number of folks in front or in back of me who use/don't use their signals and come up with my own stats, 1 out of 4 cars use their turn signals, or 3 out of 5 do. It's different every time. No matter the result it pisses me off. You know, because I am a perfect driver!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    :explode: seriously, I'm not a mindreader.

Why can't you be supportive of my driving methodology?

Reported.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    no laws against idiots having a driver's license... unfortunately
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    In Southern California, we come over on you and signal just to let you know we just cut you off in case you did not see it.

Yes. I do this. I don't need to signal. I'm driving faster than you (99+% of the time) so my signaling is irrelevant. Just stay where you are. I'm not going to signal just so you can speed up or make some erratic move. The only people I usually see signalling are terrible drivers going 50 on the freeway and leaving their blinkers on for half a mile. Grow a pair and make a turn. No one is going to slow down for you just because you are signalling.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What are turn signals?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Yes. I do this. I don't need to signal. I'm driving faster than you (99+% of the time) so my signaling is irrelevant. Just stay where you are. I'm not going to signal just so you can speed up or make some erratic move.

This. They don't call me a M@sshole for nothing.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont do it in the eastern sierras of California. Highway patrol will pull you over and you'll get a $230 ticket.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Some guy swerved around me, blasted his horn and flipped me off when I was making a left turn this morning- I couldn't figure out what his problem was, because I used my blinker. Turns out my blinker isn't working. So, we're not always doing it on purpose- don't be so quick with the finger!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Yes. I do this. I don't need to signal. I'm driving faster than you (99+% of the time) so my signaling is irrelevant. Just stay where you are. I'm not going to signal just so you can speed up or make some erratic move. The only people I usually see signalling are terrible drivers going 50 on the freeway and leaving their blinkers on for half a mile. Grow a pair and make a turn. No one is going to slow down for you just because you are signalling.

I always figured folks didn't signal out of pure laziness.

It never occurred to me that some had contrived a whole bunch of crazy to justify doing it deliberately!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I always figured folks didn't signal out of pure laziness.

It never occurred to me that some had contrived a whole bunch of crazy to justify doing it deliberately!

Come to CA. If you signal, the guy next to you will deliberately block you 9/10 times.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Try driving on Indian roads! You won't have anything to complain about anymore! :)