Changing lanes without signaling

Options

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Drives me crazy too. I can always tell when I'm back in the megalopolis because no one uses signals and no one lets you merge.

The only thing I hate worse than reckless speeding drivers (who are willing to take everyone's life in their own hands to get a car length ahead..) are the geriatric set who insist on going up to 20 miles *under* the speed limit in fair weather on a single lane road without many passing zones. Yesterday it happened to me twice! I got so irritated that I started laying on the horn every time we passed another 55mph sign while going 35mph. Gramps finally pulled over and let me by, looking at me like I was the jerk. Sorry but if you can't at least drive the freakin speed limit stay off the road.

Yea I battle the road rage too. :explode: :angry: :mad:
  • single-2.gif
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate the f*ckers that pull out in front of me causing me to break when there is NOTHING behind me, dumb sh!its can't seem to work that one out.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    In Southern California, we come over on you and signal just to let you know we just cut you off in case you did not see it.

Yes. I do this. I don't need to signal. I'm driving faster than you (99+% of the time) so my signaling is irrelevant. Just stay where you are. I'm not going to signal just so you can speed up or make some erratic move. The only people I usually see signalling are terrible drivers going 50 on the freeway and leaving their blinkers on for half a mile. Grow a pair and make a turn. No one is going to slow down for you just because you are signalling.

I always figured folks didn't signal out of pure laziness.

It never occurred to me that some had contrived a whole bunch of crazy to justify doing it deliberately!

Come to CA. If you signal, the guy next to you will deliberately block you 9/10 times.

Must be the crappy weather there makes everyone surly.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I hate hate hate the f*ckers that pull out in front of me causing me to break when there is NOTHING behind me, dumb sh!its can't seem to work that one out.

But if they waited, then you'd be in front of them!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I hate that... though I can usually tell when people are wanting to change lanes regardless, I'm more likely to speed up to block you in because you didn't use your signal than I am to speed up when you use your turn signal... unless you are trying to cut me off even though everyone is going 5+ miles over the speed limit.
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow. It's a slow day when this is a hot topic of conversation. That being said, I feel rage, I say, rage when there's no use of the directional.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

I hate that too!! Some Douchenozzle in a Corvette cut me off so close I couldn't even see his tail lights... it truly was a miracle of God that I didn't rearend his *kitten*.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    when people do it to me on my bike, i have an "equalizer" behind my seat and I use it to "remind" them by rapping it on their hood or door at the next stop light.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My gynecologist did that to me once. I was not happy. Give a girl some advance notice first, will ya?!
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    In Southern California, we come over on you and signal just to let you know we just cut you off in case you did not see it.

Yes. I do this. I don't need to signal. I'm driving faster than you (99+% of the time) so my signaling is irrelevant. Just stay where you are. I'm not going to signal just so you can speed up or make some erratic move. The only people I usually see signalling are terrible drivers going 50 on the freeway and leaving their blinkers on for half a mile. Grow a pair and make a turn. No one is going to slow down for you just because you are signalling.

Unless you are going 15+ miles over the speed limit I doubt... and I do go with the flow of traffic at speed and use my blinkers properly... I am more likely to work to block you if you are a bat out of hell just to spite you and make you slow down.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    My pet peeve is tailgaters.

I've done some pretty stupid things to annoy them back after they've annoyed me.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

I've done some pretty stupid things to annoy them back after they've annoyed me.

Them too... I generally go either 5 miles over the speed limit or with the flow of traffic, thus not a granny speed... but if I see someone tailgating me, you can bet your sweet bippy I am going to slow my happy *kitten* down to 5 miles BELOW the speed limit, just to piss you off.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Not using your signal light is my pet peeve. As for those places where if you use them people intentionally block you off? That is exactly why I live where I live. Most of the time in my area people have manners and treat each other decently, the out of staters (Jersey/Massachusettes especially) and people from NYC stand out in a very bad way where I live. Most of the time they are very rude, one time a Jersey person and their friend in another vehicle took a two lane highway side by side in front of myself and a group of other people at 55mph (not kidding) just to make sure everyone behind them couldn't pass or go 65 or faster on the highway.

My other pet peeve is the person that cuts you off pulling out in front of you to drive exactly 100 feet and make a turn.

Yeah...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    My driving pet peeve is people who wait until they are juuuuuust about to turn to turn on their turn signal. Thanks, cause it became apparent you were turning only when my front bumper B**** slapped your back bumper.

Ooo! or the people that cut you off without using a blinker and then get into the turn lane without using their blinker... then turn on their blinker just before they turn.... it's kind of like "duh!" you're in a turn lane, I would hope you are turning.

ETA: I like to complain about others driving habits.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can't stand people who don't use turn signals. To me, it's just rude and dangerous. I need to know if you're going to come over. If you don't user a turn signal and you cut me off, don't be surprised if my front bumper ends up hitting your back bumper and I'm sure that if this does happen that in some jurisdictions it will be considered your fault. This is another reason I hate people who don't signal because some places the person who hit from behind is always the one blamed no matter what and it would piss me off to get blamed and ticketed for an accident that wasn't even my fault and that could have been avoided had someone used their damn signal.

Honestly, if turn signals weren't meant to be used then car manufacturer wouldn't waste time putting them in cars.

Oh. Lord... I HATE people like that. I hate it when they break their neck to get out in front of me when there is no one behind me and then make me slam on the brakes because they decide not to go the speed limit.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Them too... I generally go either 5 miles over the speed limit or with the flow of traffic, thus not a granny speed... but if I see someone tailgating me, you can bet your sweet bippy I am going to slow my happy *kitten* down to 5 miles BELOW the speed limit, just to piss you off.

People tailing me when I'm already going 10 miles over, especially during deer season, you can bet I'm gonna mess with you. I'm also one to block you out if I can tell you're trying to cut me off without signaling. I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker that says "We are not dogs. Get your nose out of my *kitten*."
  • k8blujay2
    Options

People tailing me when I'm already going 10 miles over, especially during deer season, you can bet I'm gonna mess with you. I'm also one to block you out if I can tell you're trying to cut me off without signaling. I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker that says "We are not dogs. Get your nose out of my *kitten*."

Hahaha! I would get that one and put it on my car... Yeah, I have sped up too when an super aggressive tailgater was trying to pass me... I'm talking a guy that was no where near me and then I saw him flying way faster than the flow of traffic, get up my bumper, get pissed, and try to pass me... I don't take that ****... then he had the audacity to flip me off.. Um, I wouldn't have blocked you if you hadn't been a douchecanoe.... if you don't have lights and sirens on your car, I have no obligation to get out of your way because YOU are in a hurry...
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    Yes, please people: SIGNAL !

First, I can't figure out what you're about to do, I'm not a freaking mind-reading.

Plus, it's just a little finger movement - I'm not asking you for an impossible effort here am I? Just move your freaking finger and SIGNAL !

FIY - I am a new driver so I am anxious enough on the road and would love not to worry about you guys not bothering to let me know what you are looking to do !
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I also get annoyed with people who drive slowly in the fast lane.

If you aren't going with the flow, move over.

If there is no one ahead of you and someone behind you who wants to go faster, move over. And don't wait until they have to brake for you before you do. Move over before they reach you. Courtesy people!