Are there people who eat real food out there?

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I only eat cardboard, sorry.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i try to get all my protein from eating real food - eggs, chicken, pork, steak, greek yogurt etc..if I am in a pinch then I will drink protein shake or need to fill in protein for day but that is rare...
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat real food. Some days are better than others. I stay away from the packaged frozen meals, i.e., lean cuisine, etc. just because I wasn't raised eating those sorts of things. I do give into the desires of sugar, i.e., cookies, candy, etc., but try to do it in moderation. Friend me, if you'd like., my diary is open!
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Definitely real food.:happy:
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am a from scratch cook. You may add me if you want.
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me... my diary is open.. some days are better than others.. but I try...:)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • DrCaspianDoll
    DrCaspianDoll Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I try to get fresh fruits (pretty much all my carbs for the day) lean fish and poulry and LOTS of veggies!!! and green tea!
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat real food. Of course that includes liberal amounts of chocolate and cake. The cake is made from scratch, though. Totally healthy. Add me if you like.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do lots of fish, shell fish,chicken and lean red, like buffalo or 97%/ 3 % beef. Lots of Veggies and fruit, of course. To keep the blahs away, i try lots of new recipes from other parts of the world. Great flavor combos. Regions within a country are surprising in the variety. I try to rule out anything fried, or with the terms creamy, buttery or with lots of added fats. If I don't like it, I just don't make it again. Good luck and happy recipe hunting. While new to MFP,I have lost 32# so far doing this. gradually, but the pounds have not come back unless i get lazy and fall back into old habits.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's usually cheaper and tastes better if you make it yourself.

Always!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Oh please add me. I eat whatever, real, non real. My big problem is portion control. And I am not going to stop eating the food I love. I just have to watch how much I eat.
    My protein is chicken tuna eggs.
    Recently my diary looks like crap, but it won't last.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me, but my definition of "real" and yours may not match. I avoid processed, most of my sweets are fruits. But I live a real life that usually involves work & dinners on the go.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm not "clean eating" but 90% of what I eat is "real" food and I tend to never buy packaged/frozen/ready-made meals or snacks. 99% of meals are made from scratch. I certainly don't do anything like protien powder or snack bars.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    <
    is all the about the Food!!
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Joleen
    I'm happy to share with you if what my husband and I are doing is relevant to you. I am pretty new to this site so you might need to help me. I think you have to ask to be my friend . I am Beavergong and my husband Beavergong1. We are on the 5:2 diet where 2 days a week we have 500-600 calories. The rest of the week we eat normally. On the 2 days we have fruit and a scrambled egg for breakfast and homemade soup for lunch and grilled fish and steam vegetables for tea. It's a challenge but as I lost 3 kilos in my first week this week I'm impressed. We've committed to do it till Easter. Anyway if you think we've got enough in common apply to be our friends through the site. I can't vouch for my husband but I fill in my details.
    Beavergong:smile:
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I want some real food eaters that fill out and allow viewing of their diary to add me. I want to get more meal and food combination ideas with out protein powders, protein bars, and most other processed food. I want healthy whole food eaters.

I was just about to post a request to add more of the same people (real food eaters) that you are asking for. While I appreciate everyone's efforts to lose weight, I can relate better and learn more from people who eat real food too. My diary is open. Please add me!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i like real food. it confuses people. nobody knows i'm on a weight-loss journey, because i eat real food. i don't even care for fast food. once you get used to the luxury of real food, everything else tastes like yukky. but i can understand convenience; if you are in a serious rush one morning so you throw together a smoothie with protein powder, it's better than going hungry. but it won't be as satisfying.
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I eat real food as it is the only way to sustain fitness lifelong. My diary is open to friends and I constantly share useful information as we all move along. Feel free to connect if you would like.

Thanks.
  • valeriemholden
    valeriemholden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only eat real foods, feel free to friend me if you want and you can see my diary. I agree, I'm not into powders or bars either.