probably THE best NSV I will ever have...

Options

Replies

• braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Crap!! I hit the wrong button!! I have NEVER thought of putting spinach on my grilled cheese!!! YUM! Thanks for sharing a very beautiful NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • demogal
    Options
    I love this story and the accompanying picture. What a great gift you are giving to your daughters.
  • rwillan
    Options
    so wonderful! Yes, we are our children's first and most important role model. My 12 year old son has started to eat better and track his food. He has lost 2.6 lbs just by cutting juice boxes and extra snacks. I am so proud that I started here.. and I'm so happy for you too.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You really don't realize how much your children really DO pay attention to everything you do. My 4 year old daughter is built just like me and I've always been concerned that she'd follow in my footsteps and end up struggling with her weight. She LOVES "treats" and asks for one about a million times a day. Recently she's been talking a LOT about being healthy. She considers fruit treats, and is starting to stop eating when she's full.

The other day I was eating a spinach pizza and both of my daughters (2 and 4) were asking for the spinach off of my pizza, to put on theirs. They ended up stealing about 1/2 of my spinach! Another day, I was making them grilled cheese and my 4 year old came out in the kitchen and ASKED for spinach in her grilled cheese: WHAT?! This is a 2 year old and a 4 year old who are REQUESTING spinach!

I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but the fact that my daughters are starting to pick up healthy habits motivates me more than anything. My daughter asked me why I go to workout and I told her so I can be healthy and run around and play with her. Now, whenever I work out (or if I miss a workout), she'll ask me when I'm going to go workout so I can be healthy for her.

Truly, the single BEST NSV I will ever have.

148349_535121153185511_1716883666_n_zps0294c350.jpg

That's great my kids now love salad and other healthy stuff. Its amazing how they follow our examples on lifestyle things. They workout with us as well sometimes.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It doesnt always work but when it does it is incredible.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    that's is great. it's the young age that is so vulnerable. you should try veggie smoothie made with the nutri bullet. I bought one and I love it. it does a good job and comes with a receipe book. I haven't tried the veggie smoothies yet, because I love raw and stemed veggies.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Keep it up!!
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too when I was complaining about my weight they started in too. I was like wow, at 10 and 6 they should not worry. So I started letting them play at the gym and started talking about nutrition and health - instead of weight. Like you notice with yours, mine also followed suit! It has become a fun, positive thing!
    I will NOT raise my daughters with low self esteem!
    Awareness however is a good thing!
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is the most awesome NSV ever! Brought tears to my eyes! Great job on being an awesome role model and a wonderful parent!

My thoughts exactly !!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That IS the best---children do learn by example. Bravo for you and your sure to be healthy-minded children!:smile:
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    What a cool NSV!!! They say you lead by example....what a great example you are for your children!! Keep up the great work!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is the best NSV!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful! My daughter has started doing the same. She is now choosing yogurt or veggies over sweets, even over cake! She loves cake so that was a big step for her to ask for that. Not to mention she now tells me she wants me to cook all the time at home, she doesn't want to go to her favorite restaurant anymore because my food is better and is healthy lol. Kids are awesome!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! I LOVE that picture!! :) gives me more motivation!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh Ali! You're right, that IS the best NSV ever!!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    That really is awesome! Love the pic!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. it is the very best thing for them to pick up healthy habits now. it is also an excellent thing to train their palate while young to not want sugary processed junk that the food industry tries to pass off as food.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    What am amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing! This is proof our kids DO listen and model their lives after their parents! :happy:
  • mylifesjourney
    mylifesjourney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational! I have a four year old also, who is now telling me that he needs to get "Hellsie", that's how he pronounces "Healthy". He weighs himself on his own now, everyday, lol! I love the picture that you put up. It's worth 1,000 words and is now implanted in my head :-). thank you so much for sharing. Yes, greatest NSV ever!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!