probably THE best NSV I will ever have...

Options

Replies

• kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is great! Ya know...even when the kids grow up, they'll still look to you as a role model. My kids are now 22 and 27, don't live at home anymore, and still let me know about the healthy choices they are making regarding food and exercise!
  • cwick56
    cwick56 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not to be a bother, but would someone explain what NSV means?
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: that is absolutely amazing!!!!! My kids are my biggest inspiration so this really hit home and truly made me tear up! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!
  • chubbybaker3
    chubbybaker3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful!!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! My 5 year old daughter is the same way. I was eating brussel sprouts last week and she asked if she could have one and acutally liked it! She also does yoga with me pretty much every night before bed. She comes home after school and asks are we going to workout tonight.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Best. NSV. Ever!

When I see parents with young children in the grocery store and their cart is FULL of processed sugary crap without a single vegetable it just breaks my heart. They are setting their kids up for a life of illness and probable obesity.

I love hearing how people are able to combat that and pass on healthy eating/living.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is truly a wonderful NSV. Kudos to the kiddos!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Not only are you doing good things for yourself, it sounds like you're setting an amazing example for your little ones. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One of my big motivations to lose weight and live healthier is when my son who was five years old at the time told me "Dad, you're too fat." I had been going only about a week when he said this but it has served as a big motivator for me to continue to make good choices with diet and exercise. I have now lost 160+ pounds and counting. I think of my wife and boys a lot when I'm swimming laps at the pool. I want to be a good husband and father and maintaining a healthy weight and setting a good example for them is important to me.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I don't have kids but they obviously pick up on the habits of their parents. I've recognized some of my own unhealthy habits are ones I've gotten from my own parents. How great that you are setting a good example for them :)
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    love love love! and I love spinach and now I must go try spinach on a grilled cheese!!! love the pic and go you!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    That is great !
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This made me tear up :) Love it! Go Mama, you're the BEST!!!
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good on you! As parents, we need to remind ourselves daily that while our kids may not always *hear* what we tell them, the examples we set in our lives every day will stay with them forever. They see more than we think they do.

Keep up the great work, momma! I know that there are few pleasures in life greater than seeing your children grow up the right way, and to realize that you had a part in that.. :smile:
  • kevinsheehan1
    Options
    Not to be a bother, but would someone explain what NSV means?

I am a bit new hear but think it means Non Scale Victory.

Anyhow it is a lovely story and thanks for sharing it.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    BTW I'm stealing your pic cause it's a great reminder :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Nice! And I stole the pic and posted it on my facebook wall!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Crap!! I hit the wrong button!! I have NEVER thought of putting spinach on my grilled cheese!!! YUM! Thanks for sharing a very beautiful NSV! :flowerforyou:

My favorite grilled cheese sandwich has tomato slices and onions. But now I'm going to try spinach too!
  • cmack01
    cmack01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WTG! My 5 year old twin boys have become a lot more conscious of what they eat. They will ask "does this have too many calories?" LOL. And talk about how important it is to exercise and be "active". Kids are super honest and while they may still catagorize me as "fat", they know I'm trying to lose weight. I'll be glad the day they finally see me as "normal". Kids are great motivators. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!