Women Be Shoppin'

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    get a pedometer or a fitbit and tell all these people to shut up. A WORKOUT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN A GYM FOR IT TO COUNT, I swear bunch of damn snobs in here anymore. Walking is walking in a store or on a treadmill, no difference. I used to log shopping and even walmart trips until I got my fitbit now it does that for me.

Do you need a cookie?? I think you need a cookie.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    get a pedometer or a fitbit and tell all these people to shut up. A WORKOUT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN A GYM FOR IT TO COUNT, I swear bunch of damn snobs in here anymore. Walking is walking in a store or on a treadmill, no difference. I used to log shopping and even walmart trips until I got my fitbit now it does that for me.

Wow... someone didn't get their brotein shake this morning.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    agreed...... If i did it fat, it don't count. Shopping, cleaning, sexy time..... none of that nonsense. I only log if I am actively working out or playing a sport. Things that the fat me didn't do....... ever.

Gale - you didn't count working out until you were not fat? :tongue:
  • spade117
    Options

I'll take one...oreo preferred.
  • odusgolp
    Options

I was thinking Thin Mints... should we compromise on ice cream instead?
  • spade117
    Options

I was thinking Thin Mints... should we compromise on ice cream instead?

As long as it is cookies n cream.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

No attacking was done until you posted. Great job.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    agreed...... If i did it fat, it don't count. Shopping, cleaning, sexy time..... none of that nonsense. I only log if I am actively working out or playing a sport. Things that the fat me didn't do....... ever.

Gale - you didn't count working out until you were not fat? :tongue:

I mean fat with no intention of being not fat. smarty pants!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Like Tony already suggested, get a pedometer and see how many KM's/Miles you walked. If its a decent amount like 2 miles or something, log it as 1 hour of shopping @ 2m/hour or something.

I typically shop like a man (grab what I need, get out) but once in a while I get trapped with a woman and/or have to do long shopping so this is how I log it. For small amounts (AKA less than 2 miles) I don't log it at all

Good luck :)
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as High-intensity interval training.

score!!!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't log things like this, but the other day, we were out shopping for 5 hours. That is not a normal occurrence for me, especially judging by the way my feet felt. So, I did log it, but did so very conservatively. I factored out driving time between stores, divided the remaining time in half and then logged it at the lowest walking speed possible. Even if I didn't eat the calories, I was darn sure going to get something out of shopping with two 7 & 9 year-old girls for 5 hours.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Whoa! *grabs popcorn*
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Normally I don't log things like this, but the other day, we were out shopping for 5 hours. That is not a normal occurrence for me, especially judging by the way my feet felt. So, I did log it, but did so very conservatively. I factored out driving time between stores, divided the remaining time in half and then logged it at the lowest walking speed possible. Even if I didn't eat the calories, I was darn sure going to get something out of shopping with two 7 & 9 year-old girls for 5 hours.

Shopping with two young girls for 5 hours deserves more than cookies.... like a Nobel Peace Prize or something. Well done.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Whoa! *grabs popcorn*

Can I interest you in some Cookies & Cream Ice Cream while you're here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT51sn_t-mg9yELAGFtWh7rDYIjKWW8EMdVn-V2phlBTq2t390DVQ
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i think the point us non loggers are making is not that it doesnt burn some amt of calories, but its not something that you didnt do before.. i mean you got up and walked out of bed to the bathroom?.. you can take things to an extreme

in trying to lose weight, if you micromanage your exercise you are setting yourself up for disappointment, especially if you are eating back some of those "exercise " calories

i mean the MFP burns for things are already high.. maybe if you have a large amount to lose , you might be able to get away with it
    i really dont want to get an HRM but may have to , as as i get closer to goal.. i have less and less room for error in calories in vs calories burned

for now i am logging count i get from treadmill and 1 calorie for strength

just my two cents
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So how would I log shopping as exercise... obviously it's walking but is it leisurely walking or what?

Option 1) don't bother - it's not going to make that big of a difference
    Option 2) slowest you can find - it might make you feel good to have done SOMETHING. I've definitely had those days.
    Option 3) Get a Fitbit (I love mine) then come back to MFP and denigrate people who disagree with you.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Are you hangry?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

I would love a cookie, thanks.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Getting something out of it would sure be... Justice.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Whoa! *grabs popcorn*

Can I interest you in some Cookies & Cream Ice Cream while you're here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT51sn_t-mg9yELAGFtWh7rDYIjKWW8EMdVn-V2phlBTq2t390DVQ

of course! now what about that pickle? can I have that too?