29-year-old WIDOW, WIFE & MOM: My Transformation

Options
It has taken a lot of time to get here. I HAD been fat my whole life (almost said HAVE - I am still changing that self-speak!) I was 14 with three knee surgeries and 210lbs on my body. I would cry at night because I was teased at school. I couldn't find clothes to fit my size 18 body at the store. My whole adolescence, and young adult life I was overweight. I remember buying my wedding dress and feeling ashamed that is said "Size 18".

But in 2011 everything changed. After almost 9 years of marriage, my husband was diagnosed with AML leukemia cancer at age 31 and then died last year on December 22, 2011 leaving me to raise our 4-year-old son. I decided to change my life. I would not be a victim - I would not let me past limit my future!

Here are my before and after pictures. Now I am on a mission to help! Feel free to add me as a buddy, I am happy to help anyone on their journey! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

kidbeforeafter_zps7d9ac0e7.jpg

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    awesome...just awesome :flowerforyou:
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing story! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I'm sure your 4 year old will grow up to be so proud of you!
  • AchieveYourDreams
    AchieveYourDreams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It has been a long hard road! But it motivated me to do more with my life. There is a plan in all things - even adversity.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! And beautiful!
  • ThinWithin7
    ThinWithin7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Now that's a true and real inspiration right there <3 your son is a lucky little man to have such a strong and beautiful mother!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing story!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Bring out the Kleenex. What a story. You are some kind of awesome. You rock!
  • kate99931
    kate99931 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful person inside and out! What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it and inspiring me. Your son is lucky to have you for a mother!!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This made me cry! I turn 29 in just a few days and the thought of living without my husband scares me to death. Weve been together for 13 years... you amaze me!!!! bravo, my hat is off to you! :drinker: :drinker:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You.Are.Awesome! :drinker:
  • gottaliedka3
    gottaliedka3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Your husband would be so proud and just think of how much longer your little boy will have with you!! Congrats!
  • TeamD2R
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! You are such an inspiration! Way to completely change your life :)
  • asm03
    asm03 Posts: 16
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration!
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    If this does not move and inspire you...seek a medical opinion, immediately.

Amazing story. Your son must be very proud of you! Way to go.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    Beautiful, touching and inspiring story. Thx for sharing.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Im gonna add you cos I need an accountability buddy:)
  • kachochan
    Options
    Deeply sorry to hear about the death of your husband.

I must say you look great and I admire the determination. You've been through so much and you got out of that stronger and healthier.

Huge thanks for sharing your story. You are one awesome mom and by the way you look fantastic!
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring and amazing. Congratulations and I think it is awesome that you are reaching out to help others as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!