29-year-old WIDOW, WIFE & MOM: My Transformation

Options

Replies

• kezzabell69
    kezzabell69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting off and I have already seen how well my friend is doing, however, what an inspiration you are, and you look absolutely fantastic, so glad you never gave up, good on you! You son must be so so proud x
  • sjlapins
    sjlapins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!
  • mistyirene
    Options
    Hi my name is Misty, I didnt have the weight issue when I was young but my husband passed October 23 2005. 2 weeks later I found I was pregnant after years of trying. I was only 23 at the time and Heath passed at 28 very sudden in his sleep I woke and found him beside me. I gained 24 lbs during my pregnancy after giving birth I was diagnosed with TTP a very rare Blood disorder that nearly killed me 6 days after my angel was born. I have been struggling with my weight since her birth. You are an inspiration and I know how you feel. Please friend me and all friends welcome.
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    You look amazing!! Well done you for taking control.
  • kerilynne68
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes. I love your strength!
  • MrsBHobbs
    Options
    Wonderful story love the transformation!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspiration journey :)
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What a way to honor the memory of your late husband, getting fit and healthy to be able to raise the son you and he had together.

You look awesome!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You are SO awesome! What an inspiration! What do you do? What's your workout/eating plan?
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! I am so sorry for your loss! I have a four year old as well and have been with my husband for 10 years. I could not even imagine how difficult this has been. You are a strong and amazing person to push through and make these wonderful things happen for you!

Congratulations on your success! You are truly an inspiration! :happy:
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't know you...but feel SO proud of you none the less. :) Congratulations . You are an inspiration. X
  • Lauren210585
    Options
    you look amazing
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It has taken a lot of time to get here. I HAD been fat my whole life (almost said HAVE - I am still changing that self-speak!) I was 14 with three knee surgeries and 210lbs on my body. I would cry at night because I was teased at school. I couldn't find clothes to fit my size 18 body at the store. My whole adolescence, and young adult life I was overweight. I remember buying my wedding dress and feeling ashamed that is said "Size 18".

But in 2011 everything changed. After almost 9 years of marriage, my husband was diagnosed with AML leukemia cancer at age 31 and then died last year on December 22, 2011 leaving me to raise our 4-year-old son. I decided to change my life. I would not be a victim - I would not let me past limit my future!

Here are my before and after pictures. Now I am on a mission to help! Feel free to add me as a buddy, I am happy to help anyone on their journey! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

kidbeforeafter_zps7d9ac0e7.jpg

Mad props to you for everything
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Simply AWESOME!!
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is such a great story. Congratulations!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Remakable and touching story. Your late husband would be so very proud of you and of the gift that you have given to your son. Well done.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Very inspirational! Look at that smile!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! You have done a great job of redirecting yourself in a healthy way!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look amazing!! What an inspiring story you have. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!