Alcohol

Options
1235»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My disgusting frequent vat of liquid calories are red in colour, alcoholic in nature and if you try to take them away from me I'll find every smug }#%^ who has uttered the phrase 'I don't need alcohol to have a good time' and punch them squarely on the nose.

The drinking has not affected my mood by the way, I'm like this on Tizer too. ;)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I definitely drink when I go out with my friends, every couple of weekends or Thurs night!!! Usually I save calories, or sometimes I do go over because of it
    I don't drunk during the week just casually though... its only if I'm partying :wink:
  • lanesilas
    Options
    I guess it's just like anything , you can save up your calories and spend it on beer or wine if you like. I tend to spend it on chocolate and cakes which similarly has little nutritional benefit but adds to the 'feel good factor'.
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I will say that I seem puffier and more bloated when I drink beer. I do love a drink in the evenings after the kids are in bed and I can relax, but I try to stick with a glass of wine, or a mixed drink. That said, I absolutely love beer more, it's just not something that I have frequently these days.
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No problem losing fat by drinking 4 or more nights a week. Weekdays I limit the drinking to 2 guiness (meal replacement). Friday and Sat- the number of beers (vodka, scotch, tequila, whatever) may go up a little. Life is meant to be fun.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    It's not "unhealthy" in my opinion unless you have a problem. I may have 1 "drinking" night a week, but that will only be if I have guest over or if I go somewhere. Other than that, I may have a glass of wine once a week. And I LOVE wine. But in order to lose weight I had to cut calories somewhere. That is where I chose to cut them.
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Had a binge last night, but look at the week in whole, see how many calories I've burned in total and I figure if I lose 0.9kg in a week rather than 1.0kg because of alcohol, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Got to have some enjoyment on this journey :happy:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've cut back severely since Christmas - I was drinking 1/2-1 bottle of white wine a night...so over half the daily calorific intake needed so naturally I was piling on the pounds.

Now I just limit it to weekends and special occasions and have mostly switched to red wine (because survives being corked and left a week a hell of a lot better than white wine.)

I do log it; otherwise there's the temptation to over-do it.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i had 4 or 5 "craft" beers last night by local micro brewers. Everything is ok in Moderation
  • lindsayhainstock
    Options
    I have 2 kids under the age of 2 so hell yes i do ;) I try not to have any alcohol through the week anymore though and just stick to a few glasses of wine on the weekend. I know it's not useful or beneficial in any way but I enjoy having some wine with supper or a beer with my husband, it's more social for me, not to mention it's nice to have a drink at the end of a long week with 2 small kids!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I keep my limit to 2 beers, one or two nights a week. Any more than that and the hormonal and metabolic changes aren't worth it.
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a drink once a week at least. I love my wine lol. I have a bottle of Pinot Grigio tonight, I just can't stop with a glass haha.

Exaxtly that :) I am trying to limit wine to weekends now.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Nothing else has really been working for me, so today is day 53 of no booze.

I eat clean (mostly), lift heavy, stay active.

I don't know what else I can do, but it doesn't look like I'll be wearing a swim suit in public this year :(
  • ama3t
    ama3t Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink maybe once every 2 weeks. But I don't include it in my calories. I want to enjoy it and not think about all that, and since I do it so infrequently I just don't worry about it!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I never "need" alcohol. But sometimes it's nice to enjoy a glass of something.

But have to watch those calories!
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do any of you still have a glass of wine here and there or other spirits? I know its taboo when trying to become healthier and more fit but, sometimes I need a little red wine! If any of you do still indulge, how much, how often and what?

Hey Shan- I belong to a group called "like minded lushes". People who are serious about their weight loss goals but also enjoy alcohol. It's a non judgemental group of adults who support each other. Check us out!
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I DO. I love wine but so many calories. I can have two light beers for the same amount of calories as in one glass of wine. But my new favorite is Mojitos. Here's how: In a LARGE glass 1 1/2 oz light rum, 1 oz bottled Key Lime Juice (very good stuff), club soda and ice. Then just a splash of lemon lime soda to kill the bitterness of the club soda. Squeeze in 1/4 of a fresh lime and add 1/8 tsp or less of mint extract. In the summer I use fresh mint. If you like it sweeeter add Splenda. I think this is about 110 heavenly calories. The problem is staying away for the cheese and crackers.
  • Crossfitmandy
    Options
    I don't drink :)