who else isn't too worried about 'the rules'?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's basically what I've been doing the whole time. Fewer calories in, more calories out... little changes that I can sustain. Seems to be working so far! :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    This is ,without a doubt,the most positive post I've read in the six weeks I've been on MFP.

This is why I joined.All the comments have been inspiring.:smile:
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There are way too many rules in life as it is! I'm going out tonight and I'm not going to log it (or any of the martinis I plan on partaking in!). Tomorrow is another day!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't even count calories anymore. I think my whole mentality has changed, and because of it, I'm still losing weight. I think that people should count calories for at least a few weeks and really learn about their food, but after a while, you get the jist and know how much you should and should not eat.

I know that I shouldn't eat just because I'm tired, and I shouldn't eat until I'm uncomfortable. I eat just enough to feel nourished and I try to stay active rather than sitting at my computer all day. It's working, and I feel good about it.

I think everyone should learn as much as they can, figure out what works for them, and do that. Everyone is different. I can't do the workouts that my husband does, and he can't do the ones that I do, but we're both losing weight. We eat differently for most meals too. Even though we do different things, we're still both successful.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Rules for losing weight: eat at a deficit
    Rules for health: meet or exceed your nutritional requirements and exercise

What else is there?

People trying to sell products and make money.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    because, like my grandmama used to say K.I.S.S.

Funny I always thought that was Prince...
    tumblr_m5hmjowSyE1rs0o8jo1_400.gif
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not. If I want something, I'll eat it. I'm in this for a lifestyle change, not just a short-term diet, so I'm not cutting anything completely out. I try to stay within my calories, but if I don't, I don't stress over it, I just work to improve it the next day.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    have a great positive week following YOUR own rules, lovely people. I'm off to get ready for work in the morning and go to bed.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    me! f' the rules! No such thing either
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've become obsessive with logging of calories/meals but not what is in those calories, if I want to have a Curry or take away than as long as its within I will have it and have lost 14lbs in 45 days so that's working for me, I have been doing Insanity though which helps.

As long as you are doing some sort of exercise than I really don't see the fuss with going over on the odd day, it all averages out at the end of the week (well that's what I tell myself)
  • Kerry_R
    Kerry_R Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to lose weight because I have tried to do it by making changes that I know I can keep up.

I have changed my diet to much healthier choices but if I fancy a curry at the weekend then I will have one. I exercise much more regularly but it's mostly swimming (I used to swim for a club years ago) and then the Wii Fit... I'm no gym bunny.

I always said I wanted to lose weight "normally" because I thought a diet would be a waste of time... as soon as I ate normally again all my weight would come back on.