Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hello Black Team ! W5D3 is in the books and I am floating on air. Today was the 20 minute run or 2 miles. I did the 20 minutes easy but missed the 2 miles. I did do 1 1/2 miles though, YIPPEE !!!!! 221 calories are gone buh bye.

Bobbi, that's so awesome! WTG!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang,

Wow everyone seems to have a lot going on.

Sam-Sorry to hear of husbands job. To his employer, no good comes out of being mean and unfair. None!

Tanya- How is the potty training going? I have to really try with my 2.5 year old, but he needs to be trained by June arghhhh.

Marla- I'm a dreamer and hope your daughter keeps her dreams alive.

Lori- Great deck.

Bobbi- Great job on the 20 minutes in. I did 20 minutes ifit on treadmill and managed to burn 210 calories.

Jeannie and nonibug- Hi y'all!

Andrew- Thanks for the challnge but I have already fallen off twice in moderation. Too many birthdays:mad:

Well, off to play referee to the kids.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Jan - the toilet training was halted on good friday - little chris wet himself twice, first time he just laughed at me, 2nd time he climbed on my lap as if he didn't realise what he had done....... that was it I then decided to leave it until the nicer weather gets here (either may half term break or the summer holidays seem like a good idea) or unless he decides to do it himself - he did ask to go to toilet last night and went but I'm not holding my breath :huh:

Have sorted the lean to, cleaned under the sofas, tidied the toys and cleaned the table and benches. Have achieved the jobs I wanted done today and am now waiting for dh to get home, so that we can spend the rest of today, tomorrow and most of monday together before he flys out. I will apologise in advance if I'm either not around much or a right pain at the beginning of next week - don't usually take him going away quite well :sad:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jan - the toilet training was halted on good friday - little chris wet himself twice, first time he just laughed at me, 2nd time he climbed on my lap as if he didn't realise what he had done....... that was it I then decided to leave it until the nicer weather gets here (either may half term break or the summer holidays seem like a good idea) or unless he decides to do it himself - he did ask to go to toilet last night and went but I'm not holding my breath :huh:

Have sorted the lean to, cleaned under the sofas, tidied the toys and cleaned the table and benches. Have achieved the jobs I wanted done today and am now waiting for dh to get home, so that we can spend the rest of today, tomorrow and most of monday together before he flys out. I will apologise in advance if I'm either not around much or a right pain at the beginning of next week - don't usually take him going away quite well :sad:

Bless your heart-- go ahead and be a right pain-- heck, even a left one-- we're easy-- :wink: if you can all tolerate MY whining lately, this group can handle anything.

I've never quite gotten the "I hate it when my husband goes away" thing-- :huh: That just does not compute. :laugh:

Seriously-- hang in there, Tanya--

Bobbi-- so proud of you-- great job on the C25K--

Jan-- never got the dreaming thing, either-- truly. I know it's important, but I'm just too practical, I think, for my own good.

And, on an aside, time will tell if this is Sarah's dream or one that we had for her-- she (and her older brother) had such talent. We, at great sacrifice, encouraged them to hone it-- after all, if you have the ability to play a game and make incredible money for a living, and not be stuck in some stuffy job, answering to some a-hole, sitting in rush hour traffic daily, worrying how to feed your kids and pay your mortgage-- wouldn't you want that?

However, Sarah (and her older brother) were and are quite content leaving all the details to their father. Even getting out of bed this morning-- she didn't even set her alarm figuring Dad'll do it.

Hello? You're 18 years old. Do you want this or do you not? If you do, get your @$$ out of bed--

So-- we've been in discussions today-- AGAIN-- regarding just stopping what we do for her and letting her sink or swim on her own. Enough of the days where we lead the horse to water to try and make her drink. If you want this, show you want it-- too much has been sacrificed alogn the way--

The game of golf has ruined my life-- my children's lives to a large extent-- my financial condition-- my marriage-- you name it. If another one of my kids picks up a golf club, I'm going to wrap it around their necks.

Ahem--

Onto encouragement-- :wink:

Shunnie-- awesome run today-- I am so impressed, and sooo jealous. Oh, to have the time and health right now to do that. One day, Lord willing-- but until then, I'm so content cheering you on and running vicariously through you.

Donna-- go get 'em tomorrow-- can't wait to hear how you did.

Sam-- bummer about the employment-- always something, my friend-- hang in there.

Tribatspyguyman-- glad to hear about your bonus-- not surprised to learn you're a good employee-- three cheers, my friend-- :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Beth-- hope your energy is rebounding-- keep on exercising, woman-- and watch the weight gain-- slow and steady wins the race.

Roni-- still on cloud 9? Hello up there from cloud -9. :laugh:

Lori -- how's your brother-- er, :blushing: I mean how's your brother's-- er :blushing: :wink: I mean, how's the deck this day? Happy staining!

Jeannie-- :smooched: that is all.

Sara, Sara, LoriPa, Leslie, Almomay, CSanchez, Richie-- to all our lurkers-- wishing you all well-- :smooched: to you, all, too--

Feeling the pain of yesterday's workout-- good stuff. Had a crappy one mile run with the dog-- considered totally stopping after the naughty dog just gave me a dreadful mile-- was gonna tie him to a tree outside my house, finish my run and be done.

But, decided to simply walk him-- running with him is something I absolutely detest, and get very cranky about-- (me? Cranky? Puh-- as if) so, I walked him 3 miles. Not the exercise I wanted last night, but whaddyagonnado?

We'll try again tonight-- if he's naughty tonight, I indeed shall tie him to a tree and run solo--

Later, troops-- cleaning day in Browntown. Need to go inspect the fruits of everyone's labors. (it was so cute-- even 4yo Josh wanted his own chore chart-- so I found one online with pictures instead of words-- he got 'em all done, and taped it to his bedroom wall to do everyday-- we'll see how it goes. But, he was precious)

Love to all--
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Howdy team...Have had an amazing day so far..Today is family day and not have not shoveling everything in my mouth I see did go to arbys and have a beef and cheddar and shared a large fries with hubby.

Had the best run of my life this morning 49 minutes for 5 miles...I was super proud of myself, there were empty machines at teh gym. I burned a total of 1196 calories with run and gym..Not to shabby..

Son had a baseball game against the best team in the league, and we WON!!!.. 12-9 They pretty much gave it to us with walking out players or hitting them..hey we will take a win whatever way we can get it.

Usually work 6-2 on Sunday, but this sunday they scheduled me 8-2, so I am gonna take advantage of it and go for my 5 miles run before work and get it out of the way...So I will feel amazing before work.

My wonderful honey sold another unit today...ALLL I HAVE TO SAY IS GOD IS GOOD!!!

Well needless to say I have been good today becasue my husband is making peanut butter fudge!! Can I say OMG, I am so ready for it..

Off to have a bbq with friends!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Tanya- How is the potty training going? I have to really try with my 2.5 year old, but he needs to be trained by June arghhhh.

Jan- I must confess when I read this the first time I thought it said 25 yr old. I thought shheeesshhhh I thought I had problems.:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Jan- I must confess when I read this the first time I thought it said 25 yr old. I thought shheeesshhhh I thought I had problems.:laugh:

00020468.gif
  • retrobaby
    Options

00020468.gif

Bobbi- That's so funny, it might get to that point at this rate!

Jeannie- That's my expression.
  • retrobaby
    Options

Jan-- never got the dreaming thing, either-- truly. I know it's important, but I'm just too practical, I think, for my own good.

And, on an aside, time will tell if this is Sarah's dream or one that we had for her-- she (and her older brother) had such talent. We, at great sacrifice, encouraged them to hone it-- after all, if you have the ability to play a game and make incredible money for a living, and not be stuck in some stuffy job, answering to some a-hole, sitting in rush hour traffic daily, worrying how to feed your kids and pay your mortgage-- wouldn't you want that?

However, Sarah (and her older brother) were and are quite content leaving all the details to their father. Even getting out of bed this morning-- she didn't even set her alarm figuring Dad'll do it.

Hello? You're 18 years old. Do you want this or do you not? If you do, get your @$$ out of bed--

So-- we've been in discussions today-- AGAIN-- regarding just stopping what we do for her and letting her sink or swim on her own. Enough of the days where we lead the horse to water to try and make her drink. If you want this, show you want it-- too much has been sacrificed alogn the way--

The game of golf has ruined my life-- my children's lives to a large extent-- my financial condition-- my marriage-- you name it. If another one of my kids picks up a golf club, I'm going to wrap it around their necks.

Ahem--

Marla- oooooo that is some heavy stuff. Sounds like you have been very supportive mother for a long time. Sending you big ((((hugs)))).

Sorry messed up the quote...brother in law just walked in and was looking over my shoulder. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Didja ever hear that line of crap..."this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you" prior to a spanking?

Well, my friends, if the parent in question has severe arthritis in their hand and wrist-- it's NOT a line of crap.

O-U-C-H--

Just had to paddle Abby for profuse complaining about her chores this day-- it definitely hurt me more than her. Mommy.:cry:

:wink:

Harley is having a lot of fits lately and getting a spanking as a result. Luckily there are a lot of times when in the middle of a fit, I ask, "Do you need your bum smacked?" She'll stop fussing, and say, "No." I say, "Then knock it off," and she'll quit fussing. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Didja ever hear that line of crap..."this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you" prior to a spanking?

Well, my friends, if the parent in question has severe arthritis in their hand and wrist-- it's NOT a line of crap.

O-U-C-H--

Just had to paddle Abby for profuse complaining about her chores this day-- it definitely hurt me more than her. Mommy.:cry:

Harley is having a lot of fits lately and getting a spanking as a result. Luckily there are a lot of times when in the middle of a fit, I ask, "Do you need your bum smacked?" She'll stop fussing, and say, "No." I say, "Then knock it off," and she'll quit fussing. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.

She's so precious-- I'll ask Caleb the same question, and he giggles-- cracks me up.
  • Marla64
    Options

Ahem--

Marla- oooooo that is some heavy stuff. Sounds like you have been very supportive mother for a long time. Sending you big ((((hugs)))).

Sorry messed up the quote...brother in law just walked in and was looking over my shoulder. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks, Jan-- not so much supportive, I'm afraid, as long-suffering.

By the way-- it's not you-- the quotes are screwy tonight--
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    9:30 on a Saturday night and I confess I'm going to bed. What a wild life I lead...:yawn:
  • Marla64
    Options
    9:30 on a Saturday night and I confess I'm going to bed. What a wild life I lead...:yawn:

Wild thang-- you make my heart sing-- you make everything groooooovy-- wild thing.

Heading out to run-- finally-- with the stinkin' dog-- grrrrr.

Hubs and Sarah will be home late tomorrow night-- she missed the cut in the tourney. Ouch.

Later.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Busy, busy, busy day. Did I say busy? Things are really coming along, loving the progess. Decided to get flowers before mulch, so that's what I did all day today. It's easier to plant before the mulch, then when the mulch is down, it's done. The flowers and plants and greens totally make it. It makes such a difference. I'm really thrilled.

Tired. Later team!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Correction-- by the time I got my shoes on, had another kid issue-- it was almost 10:45-- I was too pooped to run, and dog wouldn't come when I called him. He raised his head, like, "Are you for real? it's 10 freakin' 45!"

Ha-- so I took the hint. I wanted to run at dusk-- but, oh no-- hubs said I have to run the dog after dark, because his coat is so thick that daylight makes it too hot for him still-- oh, yes, and by the way, if you run him during the day, he'll bolt after everything he sees.

Well, darling husband, the dog was no day at the beach yesterday after dark.

So I took the dog's cue and didn't run-- must run him tomorrow before hubs gets home. That would make two times in DH's absence when he really wanted three-- but the one night was 78 degrees-- he'll cut me some slack on that one-- I'm sure.

I really needed the run-- 5k next Sunday at my kids' school-- but oh well-- have to step it up this week. Really won't complain tonight about how resentful I am that this lovely thing I began for myself has been invaded and ruined-- and how I can never just head out to run when it's good for me, I have to synchronize my schedule not only with my husband but our effing dog--

Nope-- won't complain about that tonight--

Later--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your run Marla. I love my dog and he's a really good boy, but we do not run together. It's too easy to trip over him. Plus, when I am running I don't want distractions and constantly dodging the dog so I don't kill myself as he weaves back and forth in front of me on his leash is not fun.

Hubs just headed out the door with Jordan for her soccer tournament game today. It was a weekend tournament in Pensacola, so about an hour away. Her friends mom took them yesterday and we had today. Yesterday was the LONG day, they were gone from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM. I feel bad, we got the easy one. They didn't do well so they only have one game today. They should be home by 10:00.

I also feel bad I am sitting here and didn't go. I mentioned once yesterday that I was thinking about not going because I still had stuff to do before we were able to get the mulch that we need. The more I thought about it, the more I decided this project has taken over too much of my life and I would go since we would be home early. Then hubs says, "Well since you are not going, I need this and that and if you can get them stained by the time I get home I can finish the railings."

So here I sit. Jordan acted disappointed that I wasn't going. I ALWAYS go to EVERYTHING. Truly, I am ready for this to be done so we can get back to life. Yeesh! Hubs and I are two of a kind, we don't keep each other grounded and in check. We both have a one track mind when we are working on something, it says, 'Work like hel! and get 'er done.'

Hubs is getting a little cranky about it. By the end of the day yesterday he was a joy. I believe he's ready to be done too. Granted, he's a crank *kitten* most of the time anyway, but who's counting? I was thinking about Marla's commment about not computing being upset that her husband is gone. It's easier when mine is gone, the mood of the house is lighter and more relaxed. He walks in the door from work and I swear he instantly starts in on the kids for something. Shoes left out, lights on, something they didn't pick up, a ball in the yard... the list is endless. The mood of the house goes from relaxed to instantly stressful. I do not miss that when he is gone- and I tell him that. I do miss him and the companionship and after 6-9 months of him being gone, I'm usually ready for his cranky *kitten* to come home.

He just got word last week that he has to go to a training the entire month of June. That wouldnt' be so bad but he leaves for his deployment July 24. We are hoping since it's relatively close he can at least come home on weekends for his June thing. My sister is coming to visit. We never get visitors. I haven't told her yet he wont' be here. Although, truth be told, she's not coming to see him anyway. :wink:

Well, Lowes opens at 7:00. Headed out for my trip of the day (or 2 or 3) there. Railing posts and 2X4's for hubs. Landscaping supplies for me. I swear we keep that place in business. No sooner do we get home and get back to work until we realize we are out of something else we need. Ugh! Story of my life. Walmart works the same way for me. I live in those places.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Lori-my back yard looks like the scrub pine preserves we have here. Now you have me wanting to fix er up again. The spinklers broke, I didnt feel like watering, all the sod went to weed and now I have black dogs coming into the house from the dirt.

I may just ask for some tips once I start on my deck...........I figure if I fill the yard with wood it wont need as much grass :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Correction-- by the time I got my shoes on, had another kid issue-- it was almost 10:45-- I was too pooped to run, and dog wouldn't come when I called him. He raised his head, like, "Are you for real? it's 10 freakin' 45!"

Ha-- so I took the hint. I wanted to run at dusk-- but, oh no-- hubs said I have to run the dog after dark, because his coat is so thick that daylight makes it too hot for him still-- oh, yes, and by the way, if you run him during the day, he'll bolt after everything he sees.

Well, darling husband, the dog was no day at the beach yesterday after dark.

So I took the dog's cue and didn't run-- must run him tomorrow before hubs gets home. That would make two times in DH's absence when he really wanted three-- but the one night was 78 degrees-- he'll cut me some slack on that one-- I'm sure.

I really needed the run-- 5k next Sunday at my kids' school-- but oh well-- have to step it up this week. Really won't complain tonight about how resentful I am that this lovely thing I began for myself has been invaded and ruined-- and how I can never just head out to run when it's good for me, I have to synchronize my schedule not only with my husband but our effing dog--

Nope-- won't complain about that tonight--

Later--

I hope you get a run in today. I used to dream of running....................

away! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

O-U-C-H--

I remember an older woman in church once telling this 24 yr old with 3 kids under 3 " Honey the best advise I can give you is to always tell the truth. If you say you will spank them-do it. Then the next time you wont have to!"

Seems like this has played thru for lil baby doll Harley! :heart: