Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Had my second session of weight training with Aaron-- good stuff.

He told me 3 sets of 7 pushups since I couldn't handle 3 sets of ten-- they were no day at the beach, either-- but, this was also after all the other stuff, so I was already tired.

Going to call the doctor tomorrow-- no excuses, here, but I'm going to be looking into having my thyroid tested. I'm seeing an online mention here and there of a link between psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and hypothyroidism.

I've put on 5-8 pounds since diagnosis inexplicably, and just can't get it off. Even with 4 days of veggie juice, it wouldn't budge. 1200-1400 calories daily, no sweets, minimal breads and pastas, watching the sodium-- average 4 days of exercise--

Also, looked into symptoms-- crunchy hair, dry skin, fatigue, weight gain, uh, constipation-- got lots of 'em-- so we'll see.

I'm hanging in-- 1400 calories today. Probably won't run tonight since I did the weight training, but I know this weight is not me.

Heading to type--

Later.

Lori-- deck looks awesome.

Kati-- way to go on the week 6-- good stuff, my friend.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    W6D1 is in the books and I am on my way to being in bed. Good nite !!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Black Team,

Quick check in to let you guys know that my Aunt passed away over the weekend and I am headed down to Mass for the funeral so the results and new thread may not be around until I get back on thursday night or friday morning. I hope you guys are having a good week, see you soon!
  • Marla64
    Options
    W6D1 is in the books and I am on my way to being in bed. Good nite !!

Awesome, Bobbi-- woo-hoooooooo
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Black Team,

Quick check in to let you guys know that my Aunt passed away over the weekend and I am headed down to Mass for the funeral so the results and new thread may not be around until I get back on thursday night or friday morning. I hope you guys are having a good week, see you soon!

Hugs, Andrew-- :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hugs Andrew

Lori the flowers are so pretty

Donna get job on marathon

Tanya- I missed your post this morning

Marla- You always amaze, me, keep it up

Kati- How are you?

Bobbi- Great job, you will be a runner in no time.

Beth- How are you feeling?

Well off to the gym, gonna work out 90 minutes this morning. Then go to work with my wonderful husband, then tonight is the first day with my trainer, better step it up a knotch on eating today..Gonna be working in the sun...uuuggghhhh Suppost to be 83 with lots of sun!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello:smile: Im still not back home yet. I was supposed to have left on Sunday, had the van all loaded and was behind the wheel to leave...the van wouldnt start. I cant say that Im diappointed about that, I wanted to stay a few extra days anyway:blushing: So, now the van is in the shop and I miss Alex...but happy to still be here for a few more days.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss being on here every morning! Will be back to reality soon enough though...:laugh:

Have a great Tuesday everyone:flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hugs Andrew

Lori the flowers are so pretty

Donna get job on marathon

Tanya- I missed your post this morning

Marla- You always amaze, me, keep it up

Kati- How are you?

Bobbi- Great job, you will be a runner in no time.

Beth- How are you feeling?

Well off to the gym, gonna work out 90 minutes this morning. Then go to work with my wonderful husband, then tonight is the first day with my trainer, better step it up a knotch on eating today..Gonna be working in the sun...uuuggghhhh Suppost to be 83 with lots of sun!!

i'm feeling pretty darn good, thanks for asking :smile: still trying to control my insane craving for sweets, but the easter baskets are empty, and the oreos and ice cream are soon to be history :wink: still working out and have a dr. appt on thurs, so hopefully i'll be able to hear that little heartbeat. i was 12 weeks yesterday, so almost out of the 1st trimester :drinker: have a great day with your hubby today and have fun with the trainer! i wish it was gonna be that warm here today. i think it might get into the high 50's :grumble: ahh...maine.

have a great day black team :heart:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Late to the board - sorry Tamara :smile:

Well first night without dh went ok, if you can say no sleep due to neighbours chatting loudly in the rear garden (just under my window by the sounds of it!) until 4am...... I was in bed thinking give me a break my boys will be up in 2 hours! So I still have a major headache, but have been good with my choices and done some walking, and will go on the bike later once I've finished working!

Lori - your decking and flowers look amazing

Marla - an apology and will keep my fingers crossed that you get a docs appointment

Boobi and Kati - well done on the week 6

Sam - sorry to hear about your dh. Will hope that things work out for the better for you both

Beth - hope that you hear that little washing machine noise (thats how John described hearing little Chris's heartbeat),

Andrew - sorry for your lose and thoughts are with you ( I will try to remember to weighthis week - no bank holiday to confuse me :laugh:

Roni - glad that you have had a good time and that your trip was extended but sorry that the van has gone wrong again :grumble:

Everyone else, hope you have a great tuesday and any last minute workouts go well
  • Marla64
    Options
    good morning-- typing done for the day--

Our homeschool ponies-- Oregon Trail unit study is meeting today here-- fun stuff.

My husband teased me this morning by bringing me two old, cold cups of coffee I've had sitting on the kitchen counter for the past 2 days-- I never throw out my coffee-- and tell the kids I'll get to it later. "Touch it and die," is my motto to them-- and they know it. Ha.

Anyway-- he makes and brings me coffee every morning, but today brought me my old Dunkin Donuts cup from two days ago, and my Starbucks from yesterday and teased "No new coffee till you drink the old stuff."

like a dope-- I put 'em together and chugged 'em-- cold, black coffee-- ugh.

Why do I do these things to myself-- ha--

Tanya-- get some rest--

Tamara-- have a great day with the hubs.

Beth-- I loved hearing the heartbeat, every appointment, every baby-- good stuff.

Later--
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Bobbi - Great job yesterday! Most of the time I just do the minutes vs. distance. It's easier for me to keep track that way for my exercise diary. But, yesterday I did the distance. Took me way longer than 3 mins to walk 1/4 mile. Had to kick it up a notch or five to get that last one in. The first 1/2 mile took me about 6:15. The 3/4 mile was about 8:30. The final 1/2 mile was 5 mins on the dot. I didn't think I could do it. Was afraid to try. But, I did it and felt amazing. part of me wants to move to day 2, but I think I should have a rest day. Time will tell which voice in my head wins.:laugh:

Andrew - I'm sorry for your loss.

Beth - Glad you're feeling well. I loved being pregnant, giving birth, etc. I just loved, loved, loved it! I almost get jealous of pregnant women. Especially first time parents. Makes me smile from the inside out. :flowerforyou: So I'll tell you that I'm jealout of you and Lori-PA.

Tanya - Sorry about your noisy neighbors. Hope you get some rest today.

Marla and Lori - You guys crack me up. We could all be married to the same men. :laugh: When DH and I were newly married he said, "Why do you always have to point out when I'm wrong?" I said, "Well, you make it so easy because most of the time you are." Poor guy. It's a wonder he's put up with me this long. :heart:

Tamara - Have fun with your hubby and at your training session tonight. We're going to be in the low 80's today too. May have to walk outside today. . . . .
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Drop in for a quick hello. Not good when you take off a day from work! The world would fall apart...c'mon!

bump for later...hopefully I will find some time then. feeling a little sore from the run...went for an easy 3 this morning
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Just got caught up, I want to take the time to comment to everybody, but I've got to get motoring this AM. My house needs some attention. I can't stand the floors any longer! I usually sweep up every other day or so and I can't remember when I last did it. I had one of the kids do it Sunday, however, they stink at cleaning, so it still looked kinda gross after he was done. Between grass, dirt, crumbs and dog hair it's pretty nasty. Time to get to work!

Have a great day all.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I needed to pop back on here for a second. One of the things I"ve been somewhat avoiding was trying on my dress for the ball again. I'm not sure why. I think in my head it was tight, when I know it wasn't or I wouldn't have kept it. I'm good to go. I need to hem it and if anything, I'll go a little short. Long dress. Heels. Beer in my hand. The last thing I need is a dress to get tangled in my feet and trip over. I trip over my own feet when there is nothing in the way!

I think I may need a necklace yet and I need to stop wearing racerback tanks outside to work. Bad tan lines for that particular dress! Otherwise, I'm ready!

Ok, I really am going to sweep my floors......
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Kati- I got some perennials for $3 something. Good deal. I :heart: my plants and flowers. Hubs said it looked like a jungle when I was unloading. I thought it looked perfect.

Here's a sneek peek. :tongue: It's ALMOST there!

DSC_0303.jpg?t=1271118550
    DSC_0304.jpg?t=1271118599

Seriously, I can't even explain it, but it's like a weight has been lifted to get that staining done today. We went for strawberries and I putzed this afternoon, cleaning up stuff here and there, doing this and that. Imagine!
    Alexstrawberrypatch.jpg?t=1271118907

I feel 'free'. I know I bring it on myself and we aren't quite there, but I feel so light. A million pounds have been lifted. I'm ready to foucs on something else for a while.

Lori - It looks fantastic! Congratulations on a job well done!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    yep so she killed me...

And she opens the ymca tomorrow when I get there at 5 am..she will watch me crawl in probably.

Well I ate about 1750 calories and burned 1275..Maybe I will treat myself to an ice cream...well off to cook kiddos dinner
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I loved being pregnant, giving birth, etc. I just loved, loved, loved it! I almost get jealous of pregnant women. Especially first time parents. Makes me smile from the inside out. :flowerforyou: So I'll tell you that I'm jealout of you and Lori-PA.

With Harley I loved being pregnant. I didn't even mind the morning sickness in the beginning. I wanted the huge belly and hated when people told me I barely looked pregnant. This time I have almost 3 months to go and I'm already done. I feel like a whale. Everything hurts. I'm ready for Cooper to just be here already. The only reasons I still want to be pregnant are because it's too soon (I have 12 weeks left), I enjoy being pregnant when I feel Cooper kick (except when he tries to escape out my belly button or makes me almost pee myself by kicking my bladder), and mostly because I'm scared to death of dealing with Harley and a new baby at the same time.

Today I went to check on my supposed-to-be-sleeping daughter and she was standing in her crib pantsless with her poopy diaper on the floor and poop on the floor, her hand, her sheets...I made Dave take me out to dinner after that one.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Beth - Glad you're feeling well. I loved being pregnant, giving birth, etc. I just loved, loved, loved it! I almost get jealous of pregnant women. Especially first time parents. Makes me smile from the inside out. :flowerforyou: So I'll tell you that I'm jealout of you and Lori-PA.

I will live vicariously through all of you ladies. If I'm honest, I'm more afraid of the actual pregnancy part than being a parent.
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Morning all,

I will admit that I actually hated being pregnant but then I had morning (afternoon and evening) sickness the whole way through all 4. I sailed through the labours though, with the youngest arriving 3 minutes after my waters broke - luckily he was the only one that I actually had contractions with before my waters broke, so we were already in hospital :huh:

Got a bit of a weird house full today - have my 4 (all boys), and 4 minded (all girls), and we need to go to the shops to get Tom's bike fixed. He has his first stage of his cycling proficeancy test next month. I have already peeled all the potatoes for the shepherds pie I am going to make at lunch, and am desperate to get on the bike but thats not going to happen until after they all go home tonight, so am going to have to make do with a long walk to the shops.

Have a great day all, and hope yo
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Morning all,

I will admit that I actually hated being pregnant but then I had morning (afternoon and evening) sickness the whole way through all 4. I sailed through the labours though, with the youngest arriving 3 minutes after my waters broke - luckily he was the only one that I actually had contractions with before my waters broke, so we were already in hospital :huh:

Got a bit of a weird house full today - have my 4 (all boys), and 4 minded (all girls), and we need to go to the shops to get Tom's bike fixed. He has his first stage of his cycling proficeancy test next month. I have already peeled all the potatoes for the shepherds pie I am going to make at lunch, and am desperate to get on the bike but thats not going to happen until after they all go home tonight, so am going to have to make do with a long walk to the shops.

Have a great day all, and hope your weigh in's are better than mine :angry: