Opinions please: Why do women get breast implants?

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If I ever decided to get implants it would be because I had lost whatever breast tissue I had naturally and connect my femininity, in part, to my curves. It would have nothing to do with men and everything to do with how I feel about my body.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's more for themselves so they like what they see in the mirror.

Personally, at the age of 60 I really like being small-breasted. There's zero sag although I can see they're a little less bouncy than they used to be. They still look darn good. I shudder to think what I'd have right now if I'd gotten myself a pair of double-Ds 20 years ago.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The motivation/reasons vary from woman to woman... I will get them done in the next year or so because after baby, breastfeeding, and weight loss they are NOT what they were before and I'm uncomfortable in some clothes and swimsuit tops. I worked dang hard for my body and I want to be able wear a bikini without being disappointed with my chest.. I also pretty much HATE bras, so I'd kinda love to be able to go without from time to time.

I'm not planning on any extremes, I don't want giant, hard-as-rock boobs that sit at my neck, but I do want them to look as good as they did before. :-)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting them as a reward to myself for all my hard work. For nursing three babies, and then losing the combined total of 215lbs I gained during my pregnancies. Motherhood has not been kind to that area. I used to have bigger breasts and now I don't. I want them back!

My wife was thinking like this before the breast cancer. Three kids, gravity.....she didn't necessarily want to get implants for size (as she was already on the larger size), but to perk them up. Or, as she put it, "So I don't have to tuck them in my pants anymore."

LOL, Yes, I can relate to this!!

I'm sure there are probably some women that get implants to please the man in their life, but that is probably a really small percentage. And some get them for their profession, as a dancer, etc. But most get them for themselves, to look in the mirror and be happier with what they see. Men don't really care how big your boobs are, they just like boobs!
  • brigett1971
    brigett1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want them because I think I would look better in tops but that doesn't mean I have low self esteem.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on getting any implants, even if my boobs end up miniscule at my goal body fat percentage/what I want the rest of my body to look like.

however, if I did, it'd be for me, and only me, because surgery is no small deal, and going through surgery for someone else, not for you.... well that's too much. I'm not even sure I'd radically change my hairstyle for a man even, if my husband expressed a preference or suggested a style he thought might suit me, I'd take it into consideration but only go for it if I also liked it. Plus a bad hairstyle will grow out after a while..... but surgery for someone else...? ...no
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I decided not to touch this with a ten foot pole...

I have a 12' pole you can borrow.

Mine's bigger.....
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got them because I wanted big boobs, shocker right!?

Why do people have such a hard time with the idea that people do things for their own reasons, their own motives and for their own happiness?

If a man found me attractive and wanted to sleep with me, and his decision to sleep with me was based on how big my boobs were, I would not find him attractive in any way shape or form!

Anyway, as Sigmund Freud famously said 'Men only want chick with big tits because their mums had fat arses' although I may be paraphrasing a tad...
  • fervc6064
    Options
    The bigger the better
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    I think they do it for themselves.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    to feel better about their bodies. which is also he same reason why women get reductions too
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to settle an argument with my brother. He is of the opinion that women only get boob jobs to impress a man. I told him that while that's true sometimes, I think that the majority of women who get breast implants do it for themselves.

So can anybody help me out with this? I'll be forever grateful :flowerforyou:

What about lesbians or asexual women? :wink:
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Some sort of self confidence.
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    for themselves
  • momocip
    momocip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got mine because after 2 kids and losing 50 pounds they made me feel awesome!!! Sometimes between pregnancy and weight loss your breasts pay the price!! LOL.....The fact that my husband likes them too is a bonus but either way it was my choice for me. :heart:
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What about lesbians or asexual women? :wink:

They're beautiful and wonderful people with or without breast augmentation.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    Women get implants because they pay too much attention to media and have a totally unrealistic idea of what a real body looks like. The only ones they see in movies, T.V., magazine ads, etc. are all artificial. In our society, we place a lot of emphasis on external appearance, with there being only a narrow range in what is considered beautiful.

I've often wondered if there was a relationship between motivation to succeed in education and career with accepting your body. As for me, what I've got in my head is way more important than what is on my chest.

Listen, I've lost all the fat in my breast while losing 120lbs and I had so much extra skin I could grab it and lift it. I had a surgery to lift and had small breast implants placed under the tissue to make it firmer, it is not because I pay too much attention to the media, it's all about feeling good with myself, feeling feminine. Please don't judge women who get breast implants, because when you don't know how it feels to look at yourself in the mirror and see something deformed and misshapen.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I want them for myself. I think they would look better and shirts and bras would fit better
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Even in the context of getting them "for themselves", it's definitely about appearance to others - though not always to attract men. If a woman was a hermit or whatever and no one else ever saw her, she wouldn't care about the size of her breasts or how proportionate they were, or how she was filling out that cute top, etc. Even if a woman is happily married and no one else thinks she needs a boob job, she may get one "for herself" because women's self-esteem is so often inextricably attached to our appearance (thanks, society).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Straight up..........................to compete with other women.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition