Opinions please: Why do women get breast implants?

Options

Replies

• Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    First of all if you are a man - you have no room to answer. If you are a woman who has natural boobs and does not have fake ones ... you can not answer. I believe this question should be only answered by women who have had them done or who have considered it!
    It is not some conformist idea to try to be like someone else, or one-up the competition. It is not because they have no self esteem or even because they want to get ahead in life. There are a lot of people on here who lose weight just to look good, They could care less about the health benefits. What difference is it then if a woman want to get a boob job to look good?
    I got them because I am 6' tall and I had ZERO....I also ended up with a massive difference (2 1/2 cup sizes) between the two after having children. I gained 50 lbs and non in my boobs. This meant I could not buy clothes even in the plus size area because the boobs sagged. I chose it for ME. I chose it so that I could be comfortable in my own skin, so I was evened out, and because I wanted to be able to purchase clothes. This is why I did it. My husband didn't really want me to. He supported it. But for me - It was about me NOT someone else. And you know what. Unless you were really close to me you couldn't tell. No one noticed. I didn't go all huge - I gave myself simply what was skipped in my making (well 1/2 way after children). I hope this helps. But this is the opinion of me, not every woman. There probably are some out there that want the extra attention from guys, just not me!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Women get breast implants because they are self conscious, low self-esteem/not happy with their body the way it is. Bottom line.

Maybe that's why you would...not everybody is like that
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Yes, they do it for themselves.... so (they think) men will see them as beautiful. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    First of all if you are a man - you have no room to answer. If you are a woman who has natural boobs and does not have fake ones ... you can not answer. I believe this question should be only answered by women who have had them done or who have considered it!
    It is not some conformist idea to try to be like someone else, or one-up the competition. It is not because they have no self esteem or even because they want to get ahead in life. There are a lot of people on here who lose weight just to look good, They could care less about the health benefits. What difference is it then if a woman want to get a boob job to look good?
    I got them because I am 6' tall and I had ZERO....I also ended up with a massive difference (2 1/2 cup sizes) between the two after having children. I gained 50 lbs and non in my boobs. This meant I could not buy clothes even in the plus size area because the boobs sagged. I chose it for ME. I chose it so that I could be comfortable in my own skin, so I was evened out, and because I wanted to be able to purchase clothes. This is why I did it. My husband didn't really want me to. He supported it. But for me - It was about me NOT someone else. And you know what. Unless you were really close to me you couldn't tell. No one noticed. I didn't go all huge - I gave myself simply what was skipped in my making (well 1/2 way after children). I hope this helps. But this is the opinion of me, not every woman. There probably are some out there that want the extra attention from guys, just not me!

The OP asked for opinions. Men can have opinions as to why THEY think women get implants.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do it for themselves.... so (they think) men will see them as beautiful. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Except I am already beautiful, implants or no implants.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Ok...to all of the people saying that women get implants to impress men or compete with other women or because they have low self esteem or hate the way they look...I pray that you never face breast cancer...it's NOT fun to have your breast cut in half and then burned to blisters and bleeding with radiation...maybe then you won't be so judgemental.
  • Fabfree32
    Options
    I want implants for me. I lost them after I had my daughter and unless I get knocked up again, the only way to get them back is to get them done!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Had to come back. Lol some funny commentry. I said previously I just wanna be proportioned. I would never buy boobs. My man can buy them for ME. I don't care otherwise. The only attention I want (with or without boobjob) is my husbands. What if this boob job makes a great sex life hotter? **** that's enough incentive for ME.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    More for themselves than for someone. I've considered numerous times of getting myself one. I do not feel feminine at all when trying to fit into a bathing suit or bra or not finding your size cause your so flat chested. Let alone not being comfortable naked for your husband from small breasts
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    admit to not reading the thread because the answer is becuase they can if they want to. Simple.

^^^This
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    First of all if you are a man - you have no room to answer.

Yeah, I didn't get the breast implants, so I must not know anything about one of the reasons women get implants. It's not like I was by my wife's side, for the 18 months between the day we were told that those lumps were indeed cancer, and the day the doctor finished tattooing on the areolas.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well if you are treating this as a poll. My friend who was planning on getting implants after some other cosmetic work was very open about it being to attract men, a husband specifically.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    First of all if you are a man - you have no room to answer.

Yeah, I didn't get the breast implants, so I must not know anything about one of the reasons women get implants. It's not like I was by my wife's side, for the 18 months between the day we were told that those lumps were indeed cancer, and the day the doctor finished tattooing on the areolas.

I don't think you are part of that group...she was referring to a gentleman who is on here saying that women get implants to compete with other women...he also said that he understands cancer patients because he works with them...he totally doesn't get it...Bless your wife...a fellow pink sister :)
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options

The OP asked for opinions. Men can have opinions as to why THEY think women get implants.

^^^^^^ This!!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Like many cosmetic things, I think a part of it is just demonstrating that you have the control over your body. There's a lot of stuff about our bodies that we can't control and have to just accept, but there's a lot we can change too. And it's a nice feeling to know that you have that kind of power. Plastic surgery, tattoos, hair styles, makeup, even dieting and exercise -- as long as you aren't harming your body, what's wrong with doing any of the above for whatever reason you like?

Boob jobs do have drawbacks -- they can look or feel fake, the surgery can be painful, there's a chance you can lose sensation, they cost a lot of money, etc., but for some people the benefits are bigger than the costs. I only think it's a problem if there's some kind of expectation from outside that you need to fix all cosmetic 'flaws'. Then people lose control over their own bodies again.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    But breast reduction wasn't spoken of here............it was breast augmentation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Precisely. You are however failing to acknowledge in your sweeping statements that to get an augmentation means having to deal with implants. That would be fallacy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Working with cancer patients and being one is totally different...BELIEVE ME!!! You will NEVER understand!! To the OP...women get them for various reasons...there is not one answer and you can't put everyone in the same category...it's an individual choice
    I don't disagree that I'll never understand the "feeling" of ever having or facing it, however I've got to see how it affects them. Women put themselves under a lot of pressure to conform to how society views how a "sexy" female should look.
    I'd really like you to answer my questions though: If breasts are removed from a mastectomy, especially from cancer, are breast implants needed for health enhancement? If no, then does it make them any less than a female if they didn't have them? If no to that, then what is the motivation of getting them?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Working with cancer patients and being one is totally different...BELIEVE ME!!! You will NEVER understand!! To the OP...women get them for various reasons...there is not one answer and you can't put everyone in the same category...it's an individual choice
    I don't disagree that I'll never understand the "feeling" of ever having or facing it, however I've got to see how it affects them. Women put themselves under a lot of pressure to conform to how society views how a "sexy" female should look.
    I'd really like you to answer my questions though: If breasts are removed from a mastectomy, especially from cancer, are breast implants needed for health enhancement? If no, then does it make them any less than a female if they didn't have them? If no to that, then what is the motivation of getting them?

IDEA Fitness member

Obviously you don't need them for health reasons but if you lose your arm or leg in an accident you don't need that either so do you look down on those people too if they get replacements...
  • Momf3boys
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

And also...I am a breast cancer survivor...no matter how many women you have worked with you will NEVER understand any of it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but the OP asked for OPINIONS..............and there wasn't a criteria of people chosen to answer. You don't like the opinion, it's okay to disagree.

IDEA Fitness member