Water, water, water!

Options
13»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I do not consciously track my water. However, I use 24 ounce threadless bottles and I bring three to work, so I know I am getting well over 60 oz. a day.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    2L, whoop whoop !
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Water is a GOOD thing! As I mentioned, it is safe to drink up to half of your body weight in ounces of water a day and no more than 130oz per day! Like you said - the benefits of water are much more than weight loss!

I also try to drink all of my water by 6pm. That way I am not up all night and I am not struggling to down the last cup or two at bedtime.

TIPPIN TUESDAY - Tip that wayer jug back and feel better!
    I read an article somewhere about metabolism being affected by hydration level...that even MILD dehydration will slow your metabolism.
    I read another article about drinking 16oz of COLD water first thing upon rising in the morning contributed to weight loss. Now if that was because of the body having to heat up that water or what, I dont' know...

I DO drink my water usually. I DO notice a HUGE difference in my skin and my hair! My feet aren't nearly so calloused. I get compliments on my skin...and I'm no spring chicken! I FEEL better on days when I drink enough. I started out going to the bathroom frequently, but my bladder seems to have gotten used to it. Also, I don't experience the leg swelling like I have in the past. I LIKE when the nurse at the doctors office comments "My aren't YOU well hydrated" when she takes my urine sample! These may be silly reasons, but they are enough to keep me motivated to drink! And I count only water. I do typically have a coffee on work mornings. Wintertime brings the occassional herbal tea. But mostly, just plain WATER!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    DOn't forget how good it is for your organs. Anything that filters through your kidneys is flushed out by water. If you are mildly dehydrated all that stuff ...sits... there. Over the counter meds, sodium, and other gunk.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i drink when i am thirsty! for me there is no worse feeling than trying to force it down my throat because of some quota.... it ends up sitting terribly in my stomach! i think i usually have around 6 cups or so a day, but eats lots of fruits and veggies with water in them.

in my opinion, everyone should drink the amount of water that their body requires-- and that is different for everyone.
    it works pretty well for me to just drink when i am thirsty.

:)