Anyone else doing the ZCUT DVDs?

Options
Anyone out there?

I know there is a lot of Jillian Michaels users out there but what about other Zuzka fans?

I am two weeks into month 2 and was one of the first to order it/get it once it went live.

Replies

• MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not yet!
    I have all 3 DVDS but Im waiting until after I finish 30 day shred to do them.
    I'm only day 2 of level 3 so in a few days here Ill be starting ZCut

Seems like a lot of people on here haven't used it.
    I posted a topic asking about reviews awhile ago and it got barely any responses.
    It might be too new.

What have your results been so far?
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Not yet!

I posted a topic asking about reviews awhile ago and it got barely any responses.
    It might be too new.

My results so far have been AWESOME. I am very pleased. I have dropped an inch on my waist and half an inch on my hips since I started. My stomach is getting really flat and I am *almost* able to see my abs now. I am very excited to see what the end of month 3 brings me.

When you start up feel free to friend me (or even now if you want!). I would love to have others on my list that are doing the same thing.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Well you know I am. I am so glad i converted all the way over to Zuzana and ZCut! BodyRock was great before and then went to poo. HIIT workouts are pretty much my favorite ever though and Zuzka is an incredible trainer. Her body inspires me more than any other virtual trainer or DVD trainer. What's nice to know is it comes from doing her own routines!
    I'm already noticing a difference in my clothes and i'm only on workout 5 (tomorrow). It's a full 90 day program with free support in whatever area you need with an amazing trainer for $15. $5 a month. I'm happier than a pig in shiz-nit with the zcuts!
  • Makoce
    Options
    Not yet!

It might be too new.

My results so far have been AWESOME. I am very pleased. I have dropped an inch on my waist and half an inch on my hips since I started. My stomach is getting really flat and I am *almost* able to see my abs now. I am very excited to see what the end of month 3 brings me.

When you start up feel free to friend me (or even now if you want!). I would love to have others on my list that are doing the same thing.

Awesome! I friended you.
    Im wondering what you list it as on MFP in terms of exercise?

I'm wondering if there's a lot of high impact or jumping?
    30DS has given me awful shin splints from those jumping exercises.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Not yet!

It might be too new.

Awesome! I friended you.

There is a LOT of jumping. A lot. Jump lunges, jump squats, etc. I WILL say however that for some reasons the ZCUT's don't injure me where when I have tried 30DS before (3 or 4 different times) I always end up hurting myself despite proper form. I have no idea why.

I list it as HIIT and used my HRM to gauge how much it would be per workout. It isn't totally accurate but it gives a good idea.
  • Makoce
    Options
    Not yet!

It might be too new.

Awesome! I friended you.

There is a LOT of jumping. A lot. Jump lunges, jump squats, etc. I WILL say however that for some reasons the ZCUT's don't injure me where when I have tried 30DS before (3 or 4 different times) I always end up hurting myself despite proper form. I have no idea why.

I list it as HIIT and used my HRM to gauge how much it would be per workout. It isn't totally accurate but it gives a good idea.

Oh no :(
    Looks like Ill be making a doctors apt. then before starting ZCut to figure out why my shins are dying first.
    And HIIT? Im not finding that in the system.
    Roughly how many calories do you burn?
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Well you know I am. I am so glad i converted all the way over to Zuzana and ZCut! BodyRock was great before and then went to poo. HIIT workouts are pretty much my favorite ever though and Zuzka is an incredible trainer. Her body inspires me more than any other virtual trainer or DVD trainer. What's nice to know is it comes from doing her own routines!
    I'm already noticing a difference in my clothes and i'm only on workout 5 (tomorrow). It's a full 90 day program with free support in whatever area you need with an amazing trainer for $15. $5 a month. I'm happier than a pig in shiz-nit with the zcuts!

I sure do know that Sarah! I love that Z is so personable and fun. She isn't mean or rude and is still motivating. It is also awesome to see her DOING the whole workout with you unlike a lot of other DVDs where the "main" person spends their time talking about it and then watching the other people doing it. For whatever reason that drives me nuts.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Oh no :(
    Looks like Ill be making a doctors apt. then before starting ZCut to figure out why my shins are dying first.
    And HIIT? Im not finding that in the system.
    Roughly how many calories do you burn?

I burn about 100 calories in 10 minutes @ 5'5 125 pounds. It isn't in the database, I added it in under my own custom exercises.
  • Makoce
    Options
    Oh, poo.
    I'm 5"2 and 159 lbs.
    Wish I had a HRM.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Oh, poo.
    I'm 5"2 and 159 lbs.
    Wish I had a HRM.

You would likely burn more than I do! It depends quite a bit on your hear rate though. You can find them really cheap!
  • Makoce
    Options
    Really? Whats the cheapest one you suggest?
    All the ones that people on the forum suggest are between 60 - 90$
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Really? Whats the cheapest one you suggest?
    All the ones that people on the forum suggest are between 60 - 90$

I found one with decent reviews on amazon. It isn't super fancy but it should get the job done.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HR-100C-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B000A5CEUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361674545&sr=8-1&keywords=heart+rate+monitor
  • Makoce
    Options
    Thanks! I found it on eBay for cheaper and bought it.
    If I need any help with it, ill ask ya!
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Thanks! I found it on eBay for cheaper and bought it.
    If I need any help with it, ill ask ya!

Awesome! Great find.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am doing ZCut along with my strength program. I started ZCut on 2/1 and I love it!!
  • llockhart35
    llockhart35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I know I am jumping into this forum a little late, but I didn't think to look here before for anyone else doing ZCUT. I started month 2 yesterday. Month 1 was hard but I noticed so many changes in my body. Glad to see others happy with it as well. I also don't know how many calories you burn in a ZCUT, but I programed my calorie counter to match Zuzka's advice with calorie intake: body weight X12. This is how many calories she suggest you eat everyday to lose weight. This has worked for me. I just don't log my workouts on here anymore.

Do any of you run in addition to these workouts? I would like to start because I signed up for a race, but I don't know if I should run before them or after?
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    May I jump in too? I just ordered the DVDs and will be starting in a few weeks (after finishing 30DS). Are y'all adding extra cardio in the mix? I'd love some other Zcut buddies too! Best wishes :)
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Hello, I know I am jumping into this forum a little late, but I didn't think to look here before for anyone else doing ZCUT. I started month 2 yesterday. Month 1 was hard but I noticed so many changes in my body. Glad to see others happy with it as well. I also don't know how many calories you burn in a ZCUT, but I programed my calorie counter to match Zuzka's advice with calorie intake: body weight X12. This is how many calories she suggest you eat everyday to lose weight. This has worked for me. I just don't log my workouts on here anymore.

Do any of you run in addition to these workouts? I would like to start because I signed up for a race, but I don't know if I should run before them or after?

Hey there! I am late to this but I don't do anything else in addition to the ZCUT right now. I don't really have the time since I am homeschooling 2 kids and running a small business. I want to start running this summer but we will see if it happens.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    May I jump in too? I just ordered the DVDs and will be starting in a few weeks (after finishing 30DS). Are y'all adding extra cardio in the mix? I'd love some other Zcut buddies too! Best wishes :)

I didn't do extra cardio except for on 1 of the rest days each week during month #1. I would do jump rope or something on one of the rest days so I was only taking one a week.