Are you looking for new friends? Start here :)

Options

Replies

• xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    over-friendly-friend-meme-generator-hi-i-don-t-know-you-but-we-should-be-friends-4afba6.jpg?1343425483.jpg
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i added you!
  • 19Sakura76
    19Sakura76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for new friends and support.
    37 years old mom to 2 kids looking to lose around 60 pounds.
  • castro8823
    Options
    Hi everyone, im new one week in. I have lots of weight to lose, Need ideals for meals,and any supporters would help too.
    From what i tracked last weeks seems like i eat too many carbs. im in for the long haul.
    Thanks!
  • SallyDawnK
    SallyDawnK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for allowing me to join as your friend. I really don't have any support. My husband goes to breakfast at McDonalds every morning and eats 900 calories just at that meal. I am 58 and have been overweight since I was about 22. My husband thinks I should be back at the weight I was when he met me at 20. I try to lose wright but I am not successful. I have started walking everyday for at least 30 minutes. I am logging in to MFP. I will keep trying. I have 120 + pounds to lose. Please encourage me. Thanks
  • tilagarza
    tilagarza Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 yr old women who is trying to use all the resources avaliable to loose 45 - 50 lbs and then just maintain my weight. I have lost and gained weight for the last 6 or 7 yrs (mainly gained). I am so ready to just loose these pounds and just get back to a normal weight. I want to be healthy and to live a full life. Being overweight has held me back for too many years. I'm so impressed with MFP, it's a great social network and I'm looking forward to making new friends. Please add me if your intrested! :happy:
  • SallyDawnK
    SallyDawnK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I too eat too many carbs and too much all around. I hate to cook, so I need to eat stuff that is easy. Also, how do you figure out calories for casseroles? I too am in for the long haul.
  • cheryllynnpetty
    cheryllynnpetty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI, I've been on MFP for a while and have lost a total of 65 pounds so far... I'd like to utilize this value source more and would love to make new friends so that we can assist and encourage each other on our journey to a healthier life!
  • ntnguye4
    ntnguye4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Ngoc (pronounced as "knock"). I am from New Orleans, LA. I am new to MFP. So far I've lost over 80 pounds with swimming regularly and eating healthier almost a year and ten months now. The weight been going down steadily but now I hit plateau. I found out about MFP just a few days ago, so I decided to join and now trying to track what I eat and to get some encouragement from others. Thanks a bunch. :D
  • mrscarrigan
    mrscarrigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.. :flowerforyou:

I'd love to have some encouragement from new friends!! I need to lose 50 pounds... and I'm ready to start. Hubby and I have decided that for this first week - we are cutting down on breads, fried foods, sugars and things that are not so healthy for us. Would love to hear what others are doing as well!
  • sheselectric82
    Options
    hey
    i'm new to this just signed up today so looking for support on my weight loss journey
  • GThibz
    GThibz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about 2 years, on and off again. I am now going live to get the support to stick to this. I am 40 yrs old and have about 30 lbs to loose. WE CAN!! (Feel free to add me)
  • Evieweiss
    Evieweiss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am fairly new to MFP, I have been mostly using it to log my calories. I am almost 42 and am the heaviest that I have ever been. I did pretty good last year and lost about 25 lbs, but I was doing the Medifast Diet and just cant afford that and I was always starving. I just recently found this section and am reading everyone's comments. Pretty encouraging as I feel that I am lacking some encouragement or confidence or something. Anyway I will keep on here and read all the encouraging stories increase my motivation perhaps. PS I am 193lbs and I cant seem to get past that weight.
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 22 and have been in mfp for some months. Feel free to add me!
  • awilson79
    Options
    throwing myself into the mix as well. feel free to add me. I'm 34, married to a wonderful, supportive woman, and have a 9 year old son that is my workout buddy.
  • littlegumnut
    littlegumnut Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I"m a 35yr old female. I came to MFP to maintain weight a couple of years ago, then I forgot about it, and now I'm back! I'm trying to get my weight down to around the 100lb mark, I'm 5'5. I'm 112 atm. These last few pounds are a stubborn shift! I don't use a BMI calculator as it doesn't translate very well the lack of bulk below my hips.

I eat healthily, we've been eating a Japanese diet for some while. I like the food, I like the balance and the cleanness of it.

I know it doesn't sound much weight but I'm paraplegic and all those pounds are on my stomach and midriff. My arms, shoulders and back are muscular, and my tummy, well.. looks 7 months pregnant. My legs weigh sod all to be honest, and when I've been at the 100lb mark before, this is the weight I've always felt the most comfortable at, my fittest weight I should say. It's the weight I feel like I have the most energy and love my shift dresses in! I play wheelchair basketball, I do an hour of yin yoga every morning, walk my spaniel, I dont really have any more time for exercise as I'm doing quite a few hours already. I will get my hand cycle out when it's a slight bit warmer and do some spinning when the basketball season is over, but that just swaps one for another.

Anyway, I have no time goal, I would just like it gone ;) Ps, please don't recommend sit ups or jumping jacks LOL
  • Ghard1
    Ghard1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great app. I've been running around 40 miles a week for the last 4 years and recently shifted to a more resistance training program at the gym with focus On HIIT instead of steady state cardio. I have seen awesome gains and fitness improvement since making this change. Now with this app I'm enjoying charting my daily nutrition and monitoring my diet. very addicting app:)
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Added you!
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Looking for more support :) Add me ! :smile:
  • nsoares143
    nsoares143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All support and motivation welcomed.. :)