Embarrassing fatty moments, because you have to laugh!!

Options
13»

Replies

• victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The one single time I was brave enough to wear shorts in high school. I was a sophmore, and had gone a year and a half too ashamed to wear shorts. Well I lost a few pounds and rewarded myself with some pretty dark green shorts(not booty shorts mind you, they were probably 6 inches from the inseam where most of my peers were in 3-4 inch ones).

I was 5'4'', 130 pounds. I thought they looked cute on me. The day was uneventful until about 4pm after school I started getting text messages from a blocked number calling me a piggy and "I bet you squeal like a piggy pulling your clothes on" "piggy wants to wear hollister shorts like a real girl?" etc for the next two days.

I didn't go to school the rest of the week(thursday and friday) and have never worn shorts out of my house again. I am about to graduate college. I can't even wear shorts to the gym.

ETA I live in Louisiana; it's not easy to avoid shorts when we have 6 months of 90-100 degree weather each year heh. I never found out who was texting me so I was afraid to talk to anyone.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    this was not even 6 mos ago. i was at my friends house and had bent down to play with his kids little drum set. i was squatting down and when i tried to get back up, i didnt have enough strength in my legs to haul my fat butt up. so instead, i toddled backwards and then landed on my butt, banging into a shredder which then banged into a piece of wood, which banged into the wall, breaking a huge hole in the wall. i was mortified! everyone was really nice about it, and of course everyone got a good laugh out of it, but i was dying inside.

funny now tho lol.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Splitting my size 13 d_ickies
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The one single time I was brave enough to wear shorts in high school... I was 5'4'', 130 pounds. I thought they looked cute on me. The day was uneventful until about 4pm after school I started getting text messages from a blocked number calling me a piggy and "I bet you squeal like a piggy pulling your clothes on" "piggy wants to wear hollister shorts like a real girl?" etc for the next two days.

oh, sweetie, that must've been awful. but i have to say, that was just some psycho. there's no reason to think you didn't look cute. ((hugs.)) hs can be a mean place.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that struggled with bulimia back in Jr. High. A year or two later, when she was recovering, she told me that part of what started it all was that she found out that we weighed the same. She hated the idea of looking like me.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My little sister offering to try picking up my 6'1" boyfriend, but going "uhh......" when I asked if she could try lifting me. :P
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    one time my boyfriend tried to be cute and pick me up bride style. i could feel his whole body shaking under my weight, and he dropped me after a few seconds! :embarassed:

I understand that one. My husband convinced me to come out to the river one summer night, he was going to fish, and I brought a book. when we got close to where we were headed, for recent rains there was a huge waist deep area we needed to pass - my husband was wearing fishing waders, and said he would piggy back me through. I damn near killed him! The worst part was the look of worry on his face in realizing he would have to do the same on the way back!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My mom and one of her friends took this little boy observation very well, at least on the surface. I'm sure it was pretty embarrassing, but it was also so darn cute and honest. My mom and her friend were significantly overweight, both especially carrying fat in the stomach area. My mom's 2 year old grandson was spending time with all of us on a vacation and upon entering the living room and not seeing the 2 women (they were in earshot - he just didn't see them), he innocently and descriptively asked, "Where are the "bellies"?
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I was about 12 I walked into my brother's room to hang out with him and my cousin. My cousin demanded that I sing. I was confused and at first I didn't want to, but he convinced me to sing. After I sang he turned to my brother and said. Ok, it's over. It aint over until the fat lady sings."

Right after I graduated college I was riding my bicycle and a group of guys drove by me. One of them yelled out the window, "You're too fat to ride that bike!" I am 5'6" and I weighed 145lbs. I was down almost 40 lbs. from my highest weight and had felt really good about myself. It really deflated my newfound confidence.
  • goldilocksdp
    goldilocksdp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha I have one of those moments every Tuesday night at Yoga :) ... it is definately a skinny chicks exercise but i LOVE it and will not give up.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    The one single time I was brave enough to wear shorts in high school. I was a sophmore, and had gone a year and a half too ashamed to wear shorts. Well I lost a few pounds and rewarded myself with some pretty dark green shorts(not booty shorts mind you, they were probably 6 inches from the inseam where most of my peers were in 3-4 inch ones).

I was 5'4'', 130 pounds. I thought they looked cute on me. The day was uneventful until about 4pm after school I started getting text messages from a blocked number calling me a piggy and "I bet you squeal like a piggy pulling your clothes on" "piggy wants to wear hollister shorts like a real girl?" etc for the next two days.

I didn't go to school the rest of the week(thursday and friday) and have never worn shorts out of my house again. I am about to graduate college. I can't even wear shorts to the gym.

ETA I live in Louisiana; it's not easy to avoid shorts when we have 6 months of 90-100 degree weather each year heh. I never found out who was texting me so I was afraid to talk to anyone.
    thats not even funny what a terrible thing to happen :( I hope one day you can get confidence for shorts again. I bet you looked lovely then and still now. they probably just noticed it was first time you wore them and decided to make you feel bad. Kids are awful sometimes xxxxxxxxxxx