Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Working on yr 21 and no regrets, very happy! :)
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    16 years come August.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    36 years this year, still friends, still silly, still having fun.

That's so sweet!

Personally, I will be getting married for the first time in September. I intend, with every bone of my being, to make it the ONLY marriage. Marriage means what it should mean to everyone these days, as you 30+ year-ers have shown...

Through thick and thin, I can't wait to start the beginning of the rest of our lives together.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My wife is my best friend and favorite person to be around. Dated for 7 years married now for 5. She is about to give birth to our third child. Wouldn't change a thing!
  • gailwbh
    gailwbh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    33 years this Spring!!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    13 years this summer!!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've been happily married to my wife for almost 15 years now. Unfortunately for her, she's had to put up with me for just as long! I wouldn't change my life for anything!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Been single for 18 years. :P
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Celebrated our 21st in December 2012. Me met on 11/25/1991 and were married on 12/20/1991. Yes, you read that right.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! We are a rarity for sure! 34 years for us this October. We've had good times, bad & downright AWFUL times, but got through it all by WORKING on it. For us, that means making dates, no matter what is going on and keeping communication open at all times.
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    Just celebrated 10 years! Were together 2 months when he proposed and got married the next month! We have two amazing girls and 3 4-legged babies! It hasn't always been easy, and we have both made huge mistakes and hurt each other, but we have stuck it out! Today we are stronger then ever!! He's not just my husband, he's my very best friend! My biggest supporter, and my biggest defender!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Not quite at 20 years, but close......

been happily married for 19 years!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Only 5 1/2 years here... so far. We have our little spats like anyone, but neither of us can imagine being without the other.

Seeing all of your stories is awesome. Congrats to you all:flowerforyou:
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Amen to that..42 years here.:heart:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    we got married in 86 so .....
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for 17 years. A few years ago, alcoholism hid the man I once knew and it looked like the end. We struggled with "in sickness and in health" but have come through that. He went to rehab and after a 2 year separation, we are together again. Each day I see more of the man I married and look forward to many more. We are proof that marriage isn't easy, there are definitely ups and downs, but if you work at it, you can overcome many things. Communication is key and never forget that you are spouses as well as parents.
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Had he not died three and a half years ago, my husband and I would be celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary today. Our courtship was a whirlwind ... first date between Christmas and New Year ... he proposed on Valentine's Day ... we set a date for September 7th ... but eloped on April 2nd. We just could not be apart. We were kids ... we had just turned 19 ... together we were going to conquer the world ... such naivete' ! Within 5 years we had 3 children ... he landed a dream job ... we moved all around the states ... it was an adventure. My life with him was always an adventure. He made everyday special ... occasionally in not such wonderful ways ... but everyday was worthwhile. I never imagined having to live my life without him ... I just never let that thought cross my mind. However, trials happen to us in our life for a reason ... opportunities to learn ... especially about ourselves. I've learned that ... most of the time ... I can be strong. I've learned that ... if I challenge myself, there are more adventures out there for me. I am learning who I am ... what I want ... and who I want to be. Until you take that last breath ... life is for living ... make the most of it. Say "I can't believe I did that!" ... not ... "I wish I had done that." Say "I love you" everyday to all of those who mean so much to you. One day ... you will no longer get that chance.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Our 20th anniversary was this past Halloween.:love: My husband has a BIG personality and it has been interesting.:bigsmile: I have not been bored like my first marriage. I stuck it out for 10 years and that was way too long.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have been married for one month. The dude I married has been with me for the previous 22 years. Does this count?
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    together for 25 years...married for the last 15 of them....still makes my engine rev!:smokin: