Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options
BigDnSW
BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
Tired of the wife/husband & woman/man bashing. 33+ years to the same awesome wife, partner, equal, lover, best friend.

Come on... Anyone else???? Reverse the current trend :flowerforyou:

Edit: OK....everybody dance no matter how long you've been together. I apologize about putting a limit on the years. Bring it on!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    We've married almost 17 years as we committed too - for rich or for poor, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health. What an amazing journey it has been to be where we are now and see who we have become. It will be amazing to see ourselves even further down the road.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    28 years as of May 24, 1985. Loving every day with "My Favorite Husband".
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We had almost reached 43 years when my husband died. There were easy times and difficult times ... but they all were the best of times. I have terrific memories ... just wish we could make more together.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    25 years next month for us. :bigsmile: Hasn't all been fun and games, but I wouldn't trade it (or him) for anything!!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! This post may not get much attention due to the positive nature and thanksgiving. So...Thanks!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    What a great forum idea! I married my best friend in 1975 and we are always amazed at how much we have accomplished in 38 years! Right now, we are having a great time doing MFP together, which show how little it takes to entertain us! LOL We are looking forward to 38 more years of great times! :flowerforyou:
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful topic!! I enjoyed reading the posts very much! Thank you!! I look forward to the day I can say I've been married that long!!
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love this! We've only been married for 3.5 years but can't wait to be able to say I've been with my "one and only" as long as you guys have! Great example and congratulations to all of you and I hope there are more of you out there!!!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Even though I have only been married for a little over 3 years, I really appreciate the nature of this thread. I would never bash my wife the way some people bash their spouses on here. :D
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    18.5 years for us. My husband makes me laugh every day and I would be lost without him!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    In a few months we celebrate 25 yrs!.. there have been a few rough patches along the way, but we still have lots of fun and I'm glad we have each other :) I'm glad he's supporting me on my weight loss journey, he has even lost weight with me and its nice to have a walk buddy too :-D
  • wvgirlnfl
    Options
    We celebrated our 30th anniversary August 7th! 30 great years I might add. The kids are grown and now looking forward to what life has in store for us!
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happily spending my life (approaching 23 years together) with my best friend. :)
  • thejumper
    Options
    36 years this year, still friends, still silly, still having fun.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Officially it will be 20yrs in August. It is all about respect. We do not always agree. Compromise is not a dirty word.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    In June we will have 12 years of marriage together. Thank you for inspiring me and reminding me that marriage does work for some of us, it's a wonderful thing living with your best friend every day.
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Going on 27 yrs here married to my best friend been together for 31 yrs..
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    27yrs married. This past Valentines Day was 31yrs together. Last night was a date night together!!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    21.6 years married 28 years together. Been an fun jouney through life's joys and sorrows can not imagine my life without him. My picture is our vow renewal @ the Turks in 2011.
  • fwalz3
    fwalz3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We hit the 20 year mark in October. Two weeks ago she told me she had an appointment with a divorce lawyer. She just signed a lease on her own apartment and is moving out March 1st.