Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Forty-three on March 21. :love:
  • teresafromtarana
    teresafromtarana Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Together for 30 years. Married 25 this August. Taking an 11 night Mediterranean cruise this May to celebrate. Let's hope one of us doesn't throw the other overboard :laugh:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    36 Years...it pays to have a good sense of humor :-)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread.
  • Bibianna2012
    Bibianna2012 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic... I just had to ask my husband how many years have we been married...
    He had to pause and figure it out too... Its going to be 23 years this May.

So glad he stuck with me!
  • cindy82569
    Options
    We just celebrated the 25th Anniversary of our 1st date. We will be married for 20 this July. We met when I was 18 years old. We have 3 beautiful children. We have been through much together, including deaths, illnesses and many pounds gained and lost. My husband recently lost 30 lbs, weighs less than when we met and is healthier than he has been in years. Now, I am on the track to losing my 30 lbs that we have put on through years of babies and playing with life. So excited for the next 25 years.

Congrats to all that have made it this far....
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    Options
    Together 18, married for 14 - this year is our 15th!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm married to the greatest man I've ever known. Our home is peaceful and loving. Even with raising 5 children, I find peace in the noise and chaos that it brings. All because of my amazing husband.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    20 years this May 15th. Renewing our vows on a beach in Hawaii. my husband is the love of my life, best friend and biggest fan.

Kristine
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Only 11 years for me, but there will be plenty more!
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Happily married for over 23 years now! We too are looking forward to our youngest graduating HS and moving on. It is definitely a journey of a lifetime. My wife is truly my best friend and the one person I am able to be completely open with. One bit of advice I would pass on, learn what buttons you push to upset your partner, then learn not to push those buttons!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    21 years this May, not sure how she puts up with me :-)
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This marriage is my second go-round, but it will be 32 years in August. I guess I've decided to keep him.
  • Enchantica
    Options
    Got together with my future husband on 3rd February 1978 and we married in September 1981. We're like chalk and cheese - pretty much opposite in everything. I like to read. He doesn't. I love to run and hate doing weights. He loves to do weights and hates to run! I love documentarys. He preferes soaps! He loves beach holidays. I like to see the sights, and so the list goes on... We've had a few ups and downs but on the whole life has treated us pretty well. Sometimes he drives me nuts! Sometimes I drive him nuts! But when all's said and done he's my best friend

Here's to another 35 years and more!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    We've been together for 24 years, married for 18 years. All in this same house.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Lovely post! I've been married nearly 5 years, and we've been together for nearly 10 years. My parents will have been married for 39 years this October.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Haven't hit the 20-mark, but I think that'll happen. This is marriage #2 for both of us, and we'll have been together about 10 years this year, though only married for 3. We've lived together since 2005, though, so it sure feels like we've been married much longer than 3, heh. I agree with the poster who noted that it's about respect, and I think it's also about encouraging each other to grow and celebrating each others' successes 100%. :flowerforyou:
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    April 11th makes 21 years for my husband and I. We've been through a lot but stuck it out for better or for worse. He is truly my best friend!
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    define "Happily"
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Married to Mr Right-For-Me for 16.5 years. *raising coffee mug in the air* Cheers to the only man crazy enough to pursue me and stick with me for this long!!