Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• candace177
    Options
    Celebrated 30 years this past August. We are happier than ever!! Could have something to do with my new found energy! I was bringing us down big time, but that is all behind us! My husband is very supportive. Doesn't care if I cook or not. Can fend for himself if he doesn't want to eat what I'm having for dinner. Hasn't complained. Isn't worried about me running off now that I look and feel better. I just want to have more fun with him! Congrats to you all:drinker:

BTW....we were engaged after dating for 2 weeks and married 10 months later.

Love it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Here! Almost 33 years of wedded bliss to my handsome, faithful, hero-ish best friend. I call him my "boyfriend" and he calls me his "girlfriend". We're grade school sweethearts and grow closer as the years role by. He still has the studly slim and trim body he had since High School, and even though throughout the years I've changed and gotten FAT & FLABBY, he still treats me just like I was the size 0 I was in high school and before we started having children (which we started having LATE in life).

My hubby is such a handsome and wonderful boyfriend and father, he a kind, patient, generous and FUNNY man.--when his b'day comes around--he buys me stuff! When I ask him why, he says it's because of God and me that he is the man is he and he wants to bless me on his birthday. We are completely the opposite in almost everything and he says that I'm his "balance" and that we are ONE--just other other half of each other. I treat him like the king he is and have trained the children to do the same. He treats me like a queen and makes me feel like a young women almost everyday. He's far nicer to me than I am to him and puts up with me and my "ways" and it's nothing less than amazing what a manly and cool dude he is and has always been. I love my boyfriend and he loves me more:wink: I thank God for him and thank YOU for bringing up this fabulous topic:glasses:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Been happily together for 11 years, married for almost 7. I have the best husband in the world. Plus he's damn sexy.
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    Met at 18, married at 19, first child at 20, first home at 22.. second child at 23. 15 years later we are still married!!!!
  • Kearsed
    Kearsed Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    great thread. I havent posted in here in a while because MFP used to be cool once. Now it seems like high school.

Anyways, this thread gives me hope haha :)
    I have been married for almost two years and it has been by far the best two years of my life. My wife means the world to me.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Married for 23 years, together for 28. I started dating my husband at 15 and got married at 20. He is my one and only. We have helped each other become better people over the years. It hasn't all been plain sailing, but we love one another dearly and he has been there for me through thick and thin.

We are moving on to a new phase with our eldest moved out and our youngest only a couple of years away from it. We are very excited about this next stage.

Great to share positives.

Donna
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Not me personally, but my parents have been happily married for nearly 24 years. They are soul mates. They work as a team, and have been through thick and thin together. They are complete polar opposites, which I believe has contributed to the success of their marriage, but they are constantly keeping it interesting. They travel all the time, go out of their way to still go on a date once a week, and are supportive of each other.

Never gonna have it as good as them damnit!! Haha
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    great thread. I havent posted in here in a while because MFP used to be cool once. Now it seems like high school.

Anyways, this thread gives me hope haha :)
    I have been married for almost two years and it has been by far the best two years of my life. My wife means the world to me.

:blushing:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great topic. I can't claim a spot on this list, but it definitely gives me hope that one day I will be able to!!!

Congrats to you all. And thank you for the inspiration and hope!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DoreeB2013
    Options
    Happily married for 36 years and still madly in love! Love spending time with my hubby and wish most days I had more time with him. Looking forward to him retiring with me in a couple years. SO, I have to loss this weight so we can do all we want to do!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    June will be 11 years for us...I met him when I was 13 and told my mom I'd marry him some day. 6 years later we said our I do 's )
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    We will be hitting 13 years on June 1st and we still act like newly weds. Our 4 kids yell ewwww a lot. lol
  • HKooner
    HKooner Posts: 28
    Options
    Married 10 years....to my best friend...my soul mate.:heart:
    It will be the case..Til' death do us part......but even then I will still find him.
  • Yarinagal
    Yarinagal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We've been married over 42 years. The kids (11 of them) are almost all grown up, and we do more things together now than we have in a long time. It's worth sticking together, appreciating each other, supporting each other.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    39 almost 40 years, we wed right out of high school (he was 17, I was 18) and yep, there were tough times but we are very stubborn and now it's so much easier, lol. Kids are grown so things are a bit less stressful these days.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I met my wife May 16, 1985 in the jungles of Central America on the border of Belize and Guatamala. We ended up travelling for a year right through Central and South America together, me from Holland, she from Australia. She had to leave me in Northern Brasil, where she flew back via Holland back to Australia. The idea was that she would be back a year later in Holland to meet up again. There was no internet then, so we wrote via Post Restante, which was hit and miss. Anyway 6 months later I got a letter that she did not know if our relationship was going to last a year.As I was in the Carribian then and on my way to San Francisco to do some work I decided to travel on see her in Australia to see if that is what she really wanted.
    Offcourse that is history now and we are still together. We travelled for many more years right through Africa, Asia and Europe.
    We had our first daughter in January 1992 and got married that year in April. I always say we did our marriage in reverse, had our honeymoon first, then our child and then our wedding. We were blessed with a second daughter in 1994. And as fate has it they both just left home, one to live with her boyfriend to other to study in a different city.
    We now plan to travel again, although we did plenty of that with our children as it is a big part of our life.

My wife is my soul mate and love of my life, she is amazing and I am a lucky man.

PS trust me you got the very short version.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    Married 39 years in May - been together 40! Truly my soulmate. WE have two amazing boys, 4 GRAND angels and are loving life. We have lasted so long because we don't have to do everything together - yet we have alot of the same interest. WE communicate and I can count on one hand the times we have had a "true" fight!. Marriage doesn't come easy - you have to work at it - and you have to want it!!!
    Love reading all the post!!!!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Happily married for almost 1 year!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will have been married for two years this coming August. :heart:
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I've only been married to my husband for 1.5 years, but we've been together for 5 years. I'd be lost without him, he's supportive, attentive and he tells me I'm beautiful when I'm feeling my ugliest. He's really the best man I'll ever know!