Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• Mommert6
    Mommert6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to celebrating our 40th anniversary this August! New adventures as we adjust to the empty nest.

Good post... I'd like to see a stop to the spouse bashing!
  • chocolatierswife
    chocolatierswife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    happily married 14 years this december. at times i dont know how he puts up with me, but i couldnt imagine life without him.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Lovely topic :heart:

We've been together 20 years this year and married 14 :smile: :heart:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    29 years in September this year. Having a 'patch' lately, but will overcome.....we always do.

Love him, but don't always 'like' him.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    20 years together, 13.5 married. NOTHING is how I imagined/planned - life has thrown some real sh1t at us, and I still feel grateful every day (almost lol) that we met, and that he perservered despite everything;) I can't imagine what the next 20 years will bring (but surely things can't get much worse than some of the darkest times we have already made it through!), but whatever it is, it will be easier and better for facing them together. I can't imagine life without him, and wouldn't know where to start tbh.....
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    We began our adventure almost 26 years ago and haven't had nearly enough yet!

People say you have to work at a marriage -I'm not sure exactly what that means but do spend a little of each day treasuring it.

He still puts me first, looks out for me and tries to make the world right for me : I do the same for him (how could I not? )

I remember reading that although you begin by looking into each other's eyes, to stay married, you have to turn a little and look in the same direction!
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happily together for 25 years in September and married for 22 years in September. We just watched the movie touchback last night. We were both in tears when it was over because neither one of us could imagine this ride without each other and our kids.

Thanks to whoever started this...I am all about positive thinking.
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been married for 17 years and together for 22 years I can't imagine my life without her she is my best friend and the best person I know.
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOL that is us...different as can be but it takes us both to work. I always say we are the two sides of the same coin :smile:
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 23 years and married for 15 years on March 12. Like most of you, we have had our ups and downs, but we always work it out. I can't imagine this crazy journey without him.
  • DeAsh
    DeAsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This October will be 30 years for us. He's a keeper!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Fifteen years on we are still best friends. Sometimes we fight like we are best friends in middle school, but still best friends just the same.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    What a blessing for me to read all these wonderful posts. Yes indeed, for us it has not been perfect or easy, but we both love each other enough to make it work and work well. She's beaut! You can see her on my profile. Her nickname is SW... SuperWoman and SuperWife... I cannot tell you my nickname for propriety's sake :laugh:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happily together for 25 years in September and married for 22 years in September. We just watched the movie touchback last night. We were both in tears when it was over because neither one of us could imagine this ride without each other and our kids.

Thanks to whoever started this...I am all about positive thinking.

Your welcome and congrats!
  • coosmic
    coosmic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, tribute to you for starting it. "Down with Bashers and bad actors!"

We are posting this together: Been married to my best friend since 1981 and often wish I had known him longer!
    Many people think we are "joined at the hip" but we love it and they are just envious of what we have.
    I can't even imagine not being together, doing things together.
    And all I can say is it started off great and it keeps getting Better!

Our favourite phrase: Forever and a Day!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Married 8.5 years and together 16!
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Celebrated 30 years this past August. We are happier than ever!! Could have something to do with my new found energy! I was bringing us down big time, but that is all behind us! My husband is very supportive. Doesn't care if I cook or not. Can fend for himself if he doesn't want to eat what I'm having for dinner. Hasn't complained. Isn't worried about me running off now that I look and feel better. I just want to have more fun with him! Congrats to you all:drinker:

BTW....we were engaged after dating for 2 weeks and married 10 months later.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A week from Saturday it will be 28 years of "Princess Bride" and "Happily Ever After" and "Married My Best Friend" and "all of our friends tell us how damned cute we are" and "even on my worst days I'm the luckiest girl in the world" true love.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    22 years this April. Whoop Whoop! We get better with time too.
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We celebrated our 30th anniversary August 7th! 30 great years I might add. The kids are grown and now looking forward to what life has in store for us!

Yay!! We were married 30 years on August 7th too!! Cool:glasses: