Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    38 years for us this coming September. It doesn't seem that long, kind of hard to believe.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband/best friend since we were 18 years old! In July it will be 21 years together! So very happy!!!
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    13.5 wonderful years together! We are great together, have beautiful kids together, and couldn't be happier!
  • HortensiaD
    Options
    25 years married in February! My husband is my best friend. Being married is a spiritual commitment and its awesome! I love my life!
  • diamondlady256
    diamondlady256 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i married my college sweetheart. We were friends first and have been happily married for 21 years. We believe that marriage is a lifelong commitment and it is definitely work. Sure, there are tough times, but they help us to appreciate the wonderful moments as well. God has blessed us with a great family and we keep Him at the center of our lives. Congrats everyone! So nice to see a positive thread on marriage.
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    2.5 years for us and he makes me awsome salads!!!! Love, love, love him!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have been with my high school sweetheart for 13 years! think that is something to brag about!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Just hit the one year mark and I think I know why they say it is the hardest, but I love him so much, he is my best friend. I coulnd't ever imagine being without him. I hope one day I can be like the OP and say 33 years!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Married 32 yrs this coming August been together 35 years. Time flies when your having fun!
  • bowencandy
    bowencandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    20 years married to my very best friend. He still gives me chill bumps. I love, love, love him. Of course, every marriage has its ups and downs, but when you both realize you are in it for the long run, you just figure out how to work things out, pick your battles and compromise.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Together 13 years, married 8 months :)
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Married my high school boyfriend and celebrated anniversary 22 this year! He loves me when I am "fluffy" and when I am thinner. Glad we enjoy a lot of the same things like hiking and biking.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my best friend and the world best Husband for 20 years. We have been together for 25 years. We have 4 awesome children. I love my husband with all my heart and would not trade him or my family for all the riches in the world. My hubby and kids are my world. Awesome thread!!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I married my best friend in October 1988; he can still make me giggle like a schoolgirl. He has seen me at my best, he has seen me at my lowest and he is still by my side. I thank God every day for sending this man my way. I am a lucky gal. :smile:
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In May we'll be celebrating 14 years of marriage. My husband is truly my best friend. We 'get' each other, and love each others sense of humor. Even when we're snarky, we can make each other laugh. He's the only person on earth that I can stand being around for an indefinite period of time. He's intelligent, hotter than hell, wicked funny and all kinds of entertainment for me. :) I love him more than anything, and I am so thankful to have him in my life. Love is never easy, but it's always worth it. The hard times make good stories to laugh about later, and the easy times, well, they're just fun. :)
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank you as well for starting this positive post!! My husband Sean and I have been HAPPILY married for 25 years and have raised 4 children. We do everything together! Work together, workout and go to the gym together, are on MFP together, we have cigar night together, we watch TV programs together and have never grown tired of each other!! We have always felt we were soul mates and are supposed to be together. I could do this for another 25 years!!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Married my One & Only Love, 34 years ago, come July!!:heart: Not all roses, but, just a few, small thorns! Look forward to our next 34 years!:smooched:
  • jeceke
    jeceke Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will be married 21 years this year. My marriage is stronger now than it's ever been. We've even worked together in the same office for longer than that! My husband has been the most supportive of my weight challenges. And I know he truly loves me. I believe I will keep him around. ;)
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :heart: this topic! Thanks for posting.

Married 24 years in June, been together since we were 15 & 16. Even then, I could see what a beautiful, amazing man he would become. Two kids raised (one married), one to go. We're planning to have lots of grandkids (I keep reminding my son of this :bigsmile: ) and be married at least as long as my grandparents were. 63 years.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You all have made this thread awesome! I congratulate you for being so positive, honest, and encouraging. Here's to all of you no matter how long you have been together with your life mate.

Thank You!