1.5 months of crossfit before/after photos

Options
I've been doing crossfit for about 1.5 months now and have noticed a great difference in myself. In just one month alone I lost 2 inches around my middle, GAINED an inch around my butt, and actually gained a pound. And those measurements were from 2 weeks ago, so they are probably different by now. Body fat percentage is still relatively high (and I don't know if the actual number is right, since I've had different people calculating it for me each time). But after the first month, my weight has begun to go down a bit. Although you can't see it in the picture, my back is more toned and so are my arms.

I go 4-5 days per week and (according to my HRM) burn anywhere from 350-600 calories per session. If I'm in the lower area of calorie burn, I run afterwards as well (I'm going to be running a 5k soon anyway). I eat around 130-140 grams of protein per day with a carb intake of around 120g. Not always clean eating (lots of friends who like to dine out!) but I try to eat healthy 90% of the time.

Anyway it was frustrating to actually SWELL up for the first two weeks (gained 7 lbs of water weight), but now that it's all starting to fall off, I am feeling much stronger, happier, more alert, and confident. Still have quite a ways to go for my goal (body fat around 19%) but this is encouraging to me. Hope it is encouraging to you as well!

Don't judge me by my beige-colored bra. lol

2vijosx.jpg

Replies

• ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Congrats, you look awesome :flowerforyou:
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that's pretty fantastic!
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    Wow! Big difference - you look great! You should be so proud!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!!!!!!!!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Nice results in a short amount of time!
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I've been doing Crossfit for 2 months now and have had some great results also. Keep up the hard work!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your results.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome results so far! Congratulations =)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, seriously in just 6 weeks?? That is amazing! Just imagine how you'll look and feel after another 6 weeks! Keep it up,and post pics again in another few months so we can follow your progress!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You're looking great -- great job!

And yes, as you build muscle especially in the glutes, the butt gets higher and tighter. All those squats will do that. ;^) It looks better to be tight and lifted than sagging though.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Great job, the difference is amazing.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Big difference in just 4 pounds! Great story to share!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, thank you guys so much for your support! I definitely did not expect such great comments. I will definitely post more pics as the progress continues. I am also surprised by the difference in such a short amount of time... Letting go of the scale has been difficult but so necessary for the first month.

As for the squats... omg. We did an entire gym's worth of bleachers, doing jump-squats for each step. Took 40 minutes and my legs/glutes are SHREDDED today. Looks like it will pay off though!

Ultimate before/after photo is going to be a bodacious bikini shot around July, after having worked hard for 7 straight months... Super excited for that one. So stay tuned, haha.

Seriously guys, thank you so much!
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    well done ! :smile:
  • getfitsam2910
    Options
    Wow amazing fat loss! You look fantastic
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    VERY well done!
  • mitsukai424
    mitsukai424 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Holy cow woman! You look amazing in such a short amount of time! Go you!!
  • Scene_Cutie
    Options
    Wow :noway:

You look like you've lost more then 4 lbs. Way to go!!!
  • carissaharmon
    Options
    WOW! You are looking fantastic! I need to find a little more modified cross fit workout, that is so awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!