Options
    you look stunning! such an amazing effort.. it is really visible :) x
  • lt10061
    Options
    Wow, such a change in that time!
  • cfbiii64
    cfbiii64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First time posting...I agree that part of CrossFit is the other people around me...I belong to a great gym where we all pull together...your pics look great! I started two years ago, but being 48, the changes come slower. I wish CrossFit was all I needed to lose weight, but even with all the hard work I was doing, I wasn't getting the results I wanted. MFP has helped with tracking calories.
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First time posting...I agree that part of CrossFit is the other people around me...I belong to a great gym where we all pull together...your pics look great! I started two years ago, but being 48, the changes come slower. I wish CrossFit was all I needed to lose weight, but even with all the hard work I was doing, I wasn't getting the results I wanted. MFP has helped with tracking calories.

Thanks so much for the input. I definitely agree that the environment plays a big role in crossfit. Aside from crossfit, I've also been tracking nutrition diligently. Without MFP I would have no way of knowing my intake. Since crossfit is so physically demanding, I've had to completely revamp my eating habits in order to fuel through the workouts and recover faster. So I am eternally grateful to MFP for helping me track my macros.
  • syoke3
    Options
    You look amazing. I can tell a HUGE difference around your mid section.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    While Crossfit might work for some people, I would not recommend it. Crossfit is a much more extreme workout than most people need or want, and has a high record of workout related injuries.

Before anyone reading these posts decides to join Crossfit, please take a few minutes to check out this article from the NY Times
    "Getting Fit, Even If It Kills You"

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/fashion/thursdaystyles/22Fitness.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Mr. Glassman, CrossFit's founder, does not discount his regimen's risks, even to those who are in shape and take the time to warm up their bodies before a session.

"It can kill you," he said. "I've always been completely honest about that."
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    While Crossfit might work for some people, I would not recommend it. Crossfit is a much more extreme workout than most people need or want, and has a high record of workout related injuries.

Before anyone reading these posts decides to join Crossfit, please take a few minutes to check out this article from the NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/fashion/thursdaystyles/22Fitness.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Mr. Glassman, CrossFit's founder, does not discount his regimen's risks, even to those who are in shape and take the time to warm up their bodies before a session.

Good to know! Thanks for the input. As with any sport, it has its dangers. I've read all about it and feel it is still right for me.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Crossfit occupies kind of a weird place in my brain. I think it's great because it gets people, especially women, lifting heavy in a social and comfortable way. But the program is also kind of stupidly insane at the same time.
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Crossfit occupies kind of a weird place in my brain. I think it's great because it gets people, especially women, lifting heavy in a social and comfortable way. But the program is also kind of stupidly insane at the same time.

I can agree with that too. I love it though. Everyone finds their "thing" :)
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    There is no reason that a fitness program needs to be as extreme as Crossfit to give people a good workout.

When workouts are as extreme as Crossfit, the risk of injury goes WAY up -- and if you get injured, you will be very limited in the exercise you can do until your body has time to heal.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there! What is crossfit? I've never heard of it before?
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    holy CRAP that is an unbelievable result!! good for you
  • cfbiii64
    Options
    I wonder how many people dissing CrossFit have actually done it? Like anything, it is not for everybody.
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    I have no interest in doing Crossfit, but I know people that tried that program for a while and decided to get out of it because (1) the workouts were too extreme and they got tired of being very sore for days after every workout, (2) the membership fees were too expensive, and (3) they couldn't afford to keep taking time off work due to Crossfit related injuries

That I why I would not recommend Crossfit to anyone I know. It's much better to get in shape gradually than to push your body too hard in an effort to achieve rapid results and get an injury that can keep you out of the gym for weeks..
  • cfbiii64
    Options
    CrossFit isn't for everybody...

I even know two people that told me they knew some people that quit working with trainers because:
    - the workouts were too extreme and they got tired of being very sore for days after every workout,
    - the fees were too expensive, and
    - they couldn't afford to keep taking time off work due to injuries.
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have greatly enjoyed the motivational responses from most of you. I know Crossfit isn't for everyone (I certainly don't go around recommending it to everyone!), and we've all had different experiences with it or as a third party by our friends' experiences. That said, if you don't want to recommend it to someone, that is fine. I think that deserves its own thread though, as the purpose of this thread is to motivate others. This is a great experience for me, and that is all that this thread is about. Thanks!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you killed it girl!! way to go..unbelievable progress :noway:
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yay for crossfit.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Good to know! Thanks for the input. As with any sport, it has its dangers. I've read all about it and feel it is still right for me.

Ignore her, "health_gal" spends most of her time on MFP posting that same paragraph on any thread that mentions crossfit, of course she's never done it...
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Ignore her, "health_gal" spends most of her time on MFP posting that same paragraph on any thread that mentions crossfit, of course she's never done it...

I second this. She's on a anti-cross-fit crusade!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!