What time is the cut off for eating?

Options
Just wondering!! What time does everyone stop eating at? I was always told not to eat after 8, Is this true?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I stop eating while I'm sleeping. It's messy and dangerous to eat while sleeping. Any other time is fair game.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    After dinner, kitchen gets cleaned up and lights go out! If I get a craving I try to curb it with green tea... This seems to work for me lately!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I even eat in bed with the laptop... I'm horrible
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Usually suck down a protein shake at 10:30pm. Then its night night time.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    There's no cutoff for eating. Eat when you're hungry and stay with your goals.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    when my calorie/Macros goal has been met for the day.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I stop at 6, sometimes 7 (3-4 hours before bedtime)..
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm for 3am and order a Meat-Lovers pizza from Dominoes. After that, it's nothing until sunup.
  • TheMattyExperiment
    TheMattyExperiment Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    There is no rule, that's just a marketing ploy set out to sell super complex diet programs and supplements. Just eat less calories in a day than your body requires to maintain its weight and you will lose body fat regardless of what time of the day/night you eat. Keeping in mind that if you stress when you eat at night, your cortisol levels raise and your body basically tries any way (binge eating usually) to compensate for the restricted calories.

Keep it simple and do it slow for it to stick. Don't overthink it and don't overdo it :D Hope you listen ;)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I heard at 8 pm, your intestines shut down ;)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ^ That, or when you fall asleep. Whichever comes first.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I stop eating while I'm sleeping. It's messy and dangerous to eat while sleeping. Any other time is fair game.

Same here!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

This!! if I could figure out how to chew while sleeping I might just eat then too... lol... but seriously there is no such thing as meal frequency, eat when it fits your schedule.... Best of Luck...
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

I have to be careful about crumbs in bed.they wake me up. I have to stop eating before getting in bed. But drinking in bed is fine.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    This.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Since I don't go to bed til midnight pretty much every night & sometimes later on the wknds, my week day cut off is 930pm or around there unless something happens & I miss it then I still allow myself a snack. I am not super strict about it but do try my best to stay in that range. On the wknds I aim for 10:30pm bc we often watch movies & like to have something while we do. After that point I drink water until breakfast (usually 9am) the next day.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    No cut off for me .......

I work until 7 pm & then go to the gym .......... my dinner's around 9 pm ....... bedtime at midnight .......

Weekends we eat dinner early & then I have a small snack at 9 pm ...... I lost 45 lbs this way :happy:

Experiment & do what works for you !
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    normally about 5 minutes before I go to bed.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    okay this is hysterical. I actually quit around 8. Brush/floss and done. Not sure it matters just habit so I don't feel all bloated in the morning.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream in bed. within 30 minutes of going to sleep usually.