Options
    being full is a fairly good indication that it's time to stop eating
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Don't feed mogwai after midnight.
  • SingerMom2Grlz
    Options
    Same as most posters - when my calories are done for the day. We rarely eat dinner before 7:00 at our house! The 8 o'clock rule wouldn't work for me most nights! ;)
  • Lilioshka
    Options
    I don't have a time, I stop when I am not hungry anymore, could be 8 pm or midnight. I don't think it makes a difference.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I eat in bed with the laptop too... that reminds me, I really need to change my sheets.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    truly? i always heard 2 hours before bed, but why? i have been told that you should eat the majority of your calories early in the day, but i work till midnight and by the time i get off work i am starving again...
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I personally think just because digestion can interfere with sleep. I tend to sleep unwell if I'm stuffed and also if hungry.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I stop eating about 3 hours before bed just because it makes me feel really sick in the morning if i eat near bed, especially if I have even one piece of chocolate or sweets. I'm not sure why, it's just what happens every single time.
  • bim381
    bim381 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack after dinner (late dinner, 7pm). Most of that snacking is mindless for me anyway... that said, if I'm hungry, I'll eat!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Probably about an hour or so before bed. I eat my dinners pretty late (8pm-9:30pm), because I get home from work pretty late and like to work out before I cook and eat dinner (or I won't workout).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Hard and fast rule: do not eat while sleeping.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it in your calories, eat all the time! Even when you're sleeping! Sleep eating!...okay, maybe not that. :/
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    when my calorie/Macros goal has been met for the day.
    ^ That, or when you fall asleep. Whichever comes first.
    ^ QFT.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I'm done eating,
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Bedtime. Or slightly after if I lay there and realize I am still hungry.
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I stop eating while I'm sleeping. It's messy and dangerous to eat while sleeping. Any other time is fair game.

Yep, me too. :drinker:
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes that much of a difference, because people works different hours, just eat in moderation, and listen to your body.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Per everything Ive read, on nutrition sites, they suggest 3-4 hours, before you go to bed,,,,gives food time to digest.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I stop eating 2 hours before I go to bed unless I didn't eat enough and I'm hungry again. If I still have calories left I eat if I' hungry. Time doesn't matter. My schedule changes too much to stop eating at a certain time.
  • madeleine12harris
    Options
    I try to stop 2 hours before I go to bed or else I get heartburn.