For those Lean & Strong: What do you eat?

Options

Replies

• mona_patty
    Options
    information overload lol I got a few months to get this right :) haha
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Start with the basics: set a calorie goal and protein, get some cardio once or twice a week, and do some basic strength training. Refine as you learn more.
  • mona_patty
    Options

How do you eat the same thing everyday? I just can't do it. I want to so I don't have to work so hard to track calories.

I don't know, I enjoy it. Usually my lunch varies. I love my smoothies..... I get lazy and it's a quick and simple. This has been like 7 months in the making. I've changed my eating habits completely. I try not to eat fast food, or processed foods for the most part.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Start with the basics: set a calorie goal and protein, get some cardio once or twice a week, and do some basic strength training. Refine as you learn more.

:flowerforyou:
  • Crucifry
    Crucifry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Word.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I drink the tears of the vanquished.

Aren't they high in sodium?

ERMAGERD BLOATING SOMEONE CALL THE BROCTOR. Oh wait, he's already here in this thread.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Well, the broctor has spoken. Let it be.

LOL or you can look like taso ... soft and small.

Taso > Your face
  • mona_patty
    Options

Thanks. I do cardio and basic strength training. I need to work on my protein (macro) stuff.... now does anyone know how to change the protein/carb/fat/ etc limits in the food diary??? LoL
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Thanks. I do cardio and basic strength training. I need to work on my protein (macro) stuff.... now does anyone know how to change the protein/carb/fat/ etc limits in the food diary??? LoL

Click My Home, then Goals. Change Goals. Choose Custom. Enjoy.
  • mona_patty
    Options
    Click My Home, then Goals. Change Goals. Choose Custom. Enjoy.

Thanks!!!! :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • mona_patty
    Options
    be nice! lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    MFP needs to have an option to report people for "broscience". Not naming any names.:huh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Well, the broctor has spoken. Let it be.

LOL or you can look like taso ... soft and small.

I know Taso IRL and I can guarentee he is not soft, nor small. He is so buff, I can see his back muscles thru his shirt. So stuff your uninformed personal "opinion" (which can also be called "ad hominem" to those of us who understand logic) where the sun doesn't shine, TYVM.

OP-
    I agree with those who say eat based on TDEE minus 20%, and get 1g of protein per lb lean body mass per day (it's ok to make an educated guess if you aren't sure of your LBM). I too let my fat and carbs fall where they may and they usually fall where they are supposed to with little to no effort on my part.

I also wanted to say that I'm a vegetarian for life and it is possible to hit macros on a veggie diet- I use eggs, cheese, protein shakes, cliff builder bars (which also have chocolate, a necessary part of a healthy diet!), tofu, tempeh, beans, nut butters, etc.

Good luck!
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Souls

:devil:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Oh dear me...that escalated.

OP: this *may* help - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Basically, hit your calorie goal for weight loss, hit or exceed you protein goal for body composition, hit or exceed your fat goal for hormonal reasons and for healthy body functions, eat carbs for energy and coz they are tasty and strength train.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm sure its covered by other posts but if you are looking to get lean and strong, the What u are eating is not as important as how total calories are you eating to create a deficit, get sufficient protein, and get progressively stronger on a good weight routine.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    The blood of virgins.

whew, I'm safe!
  • mona_patty
    Options
    i have learned a lot. Thanks for the educational, & entertaining posts!! :)