This goes out to the ladies,out there ;)

Options
To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.

Replies

• SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.

You're the BEST!! A lot of us ladies needed to hear that, I know I did. I'm adding you as a friend, and anyone can add me. Have a good one!
  • gshields89
    gshields89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that but I love working out at home ......I use my total gym , dvd's and walk........:bigsmile:
  • happyblueskies
    Options
    :happy: just wanna say thank you
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that, I get very self conscious at the gym and at times feel uncomfortable. But then I remember, I am a paying member and have just as much right to be there as anyone else. :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Smex36
    Options
    Damn right :)
    I often feel dreadful walking into the gym a lot bigger than the other girls in there, but walking out knowing I've burned 500/600 calories and I'm doing something about it makes me feel amazing.

• Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks much! I get a bit self conscious at the gym (especially when I'm grunting and moving up a weight). Good motivation! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • ginaNJ73
    Options
    I, too want to say thank you. I have been hesitant to even join my newly opened gym in town. I'm going to do it! :-)
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    After a lifetime of being told you're not good enough... simple words from a stranger can mean more to someone than you could ever imagine.

Thank you.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to go tomorrow and get a gym membership. Thanks for the added support!
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • chio_04
    chio_04 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks! this will serve me well when I'm in the weights area and feeling self conscious about lifting half the weight the guy next to me is.
  • ChicaOptimista
    ChicaOptimista Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that!
  • fervc6064
    Options
    Dude, you stole my Barry White line. :laugh:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Aren't you sweet?!?!?!?! I love that you posted this! You rock!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks so much, Ive been wanting to go to zumba class but always too embarrassed, but who cares what they think! im going to start going
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    What a lovely post :heart:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Very true - too many of us care too much what other people think !