This goes out to the ladies,out there ;)

Options

Replies

• zenathabutifll1
    Options
    so true thanks that is my way of thinking... esp when i sweat lol :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I sometimes feel self-conscious in the weights area, since it's usually all men there. I try to just get on with it, but sometimes I just slink away back to the stepper!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    AWWW you're such a sweetie pie. We need more men out here like you.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Dude, you stole my Barry White line. :laugh:

This. Enjoy those FRs, though. ;)
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Thats the reason I haven't joined a gym oh yeah and the fact hubby wont let me. lol I do my workouts at home but know that in the near future what I have at home isnt going to fit my needs. So maybe I will grow some hypothetical balls and join anyways. :)
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting sir :) Truer words have never been spoken. I was very reluctant to join the local Y for that reason, but overcame that fear a month ago and started going daily. Yesterday the old fears reared their ugly head when I was trying to talk myself into the Zumba class and a new Spartacus circuit training class. I was so worried about what to wear, how I'd look to others, my level of fitness, etc. With some positive words of encouragement I took the plunge and did both classes. Loved them both. When I looked around at the others to follow in the classes, they weren't worried about me, they were worried about their own form, their own step, their own workout.

It's your journey, take control. I am :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Annnnd... you just made my afternoon.

THANK YOU, sir! I think I will go to the gym, kick some *kitten*, and take some names...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I know.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Dude, you stole my Barry White line. :laugh:

This. Enjoy those FRs, though. ;)

Heh my thoughts too....FR fishing :P

Well played sir well played....
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I love you....
  • Reyshivs
    Options
    your welcome ;)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    But what happens when one woman goes to the gym and she sees another one there that's wearing make up?

What would you suggest they do at that point?
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this! When I have to go to the gym because the weather is not cooperative, I sometimes feel self-conscious. I will remember this for the next time!! :smile:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting sir :) Truer words have never been spoken. I was very reluctant to join the local Y for that reason, but overcame that fear a month ago and started going daily. Yesterday the old fears reared their ugly head when I was trying to talk myself into the Zumba class and a new Spartacus circuit training class. I was so worried about what to wear, how I'd look to others, my level of fitness, etc. With some positive words of encouragement I took the plunge and did both classes. Loved them both. When I looked around at the others to follow in the classes, they weren't worried about me, they were worried about their own form, their own step, their own workout.

It's your journey, take control. I am :)

I love Zumba too much to worry about what others think while I do it. Besides, I can't be the only one who looks like an epilleptic on amphetamines lmao!
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Thanks for the pep talk!!
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I know.

:heart:
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.

I appreciate this, cause I am SUPER self-conscious and have pretty major social anxiety. Because of this, I prefer to work out at home. Thank you, though. :flowerforyou: