This goes out to the ladies,out there ;)

Options

Replies

• Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    THANXS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    here, you dropped this *hands over fishing pole*
  • Reyshivs
    Options
    ;)
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    What a lovely post :heart:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    But what happens when one woman goes to the gym and she sees another one there that's wearing make up?

What would you suggest they do at that point?

I try complaining to people who are not her.

No luck so far, but never give up, you know?
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You sir, rock.
  • AmandaWalt628
    AmandaWalt628 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!! :glasses: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! It is truly appreciated (because the gym CAN be intimidating)!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.

That's great that you're so supportive, but sometimes, it's lack of money that keeps us "girls" from going to the gym to and kicking @$$.
  • GramCrkr
    GramCrkr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have been one of those women afraid to be the one non perfect person at the gym. BUT I am done with that now and am joining! I am looking forward to BECOMING one of those wonderfully thin girls! So I appreciate the post...appreciate you for saying that! Have a great Monday!
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Your words are encouraging!!! Now I feel like working harder and use my gym membership. Thank you
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It is tough for us guys as well.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was hoping things were better. Back in the day (meaning the '90s) I was the only woman in the weight room, first it was the Y, most women used the machines, but I wanted to try lifiting weights, it was a little intimidating at first, but the guys were really patient and taught me a lot, then I moved on to a Gold's Gym....surprisingly the same thing, not a lot of women lifting weights, but I think when they saw other women doing it, more and more started doing it, the last gym I belonged to was more of a community rec facility and a lot of times I working out with the high school boys sports teams, very surprised the girls' teams weren't in there working out with us.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    tarpon-fishing-in-cuba-avalon-o.gif
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have always have a hard time going to the gym. I have been going 3 days a week for 5 weeks now and I have only ventured to the weight machines once. I really need to get the buck over it and do it! I do notice that it is hard to wonder what everyone else thinks when I am kickin *kitten* at my workout, so keep it up girls!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.
    Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement! Am sure it's going to motivate a lot of people! Take care!
  • RoseRoiz
    Options
    You are a sweetheart!! I go to the gym so I feel good inside and out.
  • cheliki
    Options
    Would if I could afford it! :/