Eating uncontrollably

Options
124»

Replies

• vannahcometrue
    Options
    Thank you to all who have been supportive and given your thoughts and opinions as well as own personal issues and stories! I will take your advice and will be continuing to cheer for you all!!! xo xo
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Its funny, I have been mfp for about a year now and never thought to come see what was going on in the forums I noticed that I was really struggling with nightly binges. I've recently separated from my partner and moved out on my own so I have no one around except myself! After a stressful day at work/thesis writing I will go for anything I can find to binge on.

Its comforting to know that I'm it completely crazy, and the tips/mantras suggested are great ideas!! The key is to not get caught up in the moment. That's my big issue...I know I'm binging I just can't seem to stop in the moment. I am going to try the mantra, drinking water, and making sure I eat enough during the day :-)

I hope to check back in here to see that its working for others!!!
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    If I binged it was only ever past 7pm (the worst time) so I allowed myself a spoonful of nutella on oatmeal here or a teaspoon of sugar in my tea there and it didnt feel like I was "depriving" myself and eventually I just stopped binging.
    Also I've triggered myself to grab a nice, soothing mug of green tea everytime I open the fridge to find one of my dads cheescakes or
    my brothers half full oreo packets
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I binge a lot!!!! Especially at work (pizza hut -____- *shakes fist in air*) I ended up locking my debit card inside a box and gave the key to my brother, so I won't get tempted to buy crappy fatty.... Delicious, sweet, yum--... I mean EVIL FOOD!!! I do not have will power whatsoever... I need it :/ we can overcome anything if we set our minds to it and truly want to change!..
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I binge a lot too, especially after dinner and at weekends. I am bored and lonely, so I guess that binging and staying fat keeps me from dealing with my 'real' problem, that is being lonely, it's too scary to think about.

Some great tips in this thread though!
  • Flab2Thin
    Flab2Thin Posts: 34
    Options
    Here is a mantra Iv found that helps me.

GAIN CONTROL = LOSE WEIGHT

LOSE CONTROL = GAIN WEIGHT
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I make myself log everything. Pretty soon the embarrassment of having to log jello shots makes me stop doing so many of them.
  • fougejul
    fougejul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Avoid sugary food and alcohol and cut down starchy carb intake and increase protein intake. The aforementioned carbs will all stimulate your appetite while very quickly using up your daily calorie allowance leaving you hungry and therefore vulnerable to impulsive eating.

Do not have any any unhealthy food in the house, put healthy snacks at eye level in your fridge so you see them first.

Stay hydrated and try drinking tea or diet coke after meals as it leaves you full. Diet coke and other similar zero calorie drinks can satisfy your psychological sweet craving.

It gets easier after a couple of days of not falling off the wagon.
  • fougejul
    fougejul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    set fitness goals and tell all your friends. Find an event that is a real challenge , get friends and family to sponsor you so you cant back out, having something in the future to concentrate and aim for is extremely motivating.

You will be amazed at how quickly you progress towards your goal and find that the strides you make will motivate you to achieve more.

Use online resources like map my ride , Strava or map my run to record your progress.

over time you can look back and see the genuine improvements you make.