Daily 600 net calories, no weight lost. What's wrong?

Options
Hello, I am 5'4" and 145lbs. I am eating in average between 1000-1200 calories/day with 25% fat, 30% protein and 45% carbs of healthy organic food and exercise daily to spend 500-700 calories. My weekly average is 600 net calories per day. My metabolism burns 1600 calories per day. Based on those numbers, I should lose 2lbs per week. (1000 calories x 7 /3500 = 2lbs)
What I am doing wrong? My only result so far is 1" lost on my waist. My goal is to BOTH lose fat and lose weight.
I would appreciate your help!
Thanks

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and your body is angry about it.
  • tunafishriot
    Options
    You are probably sensitive to carbohydrates. Just lower your carbohydrates and increase protein and fat.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Get rady or the mass of responses that all same the same thing.

You cannot live eating that little. Right now your organs are struggling to operate properly and any weight you lose is likely lean body mass. Eat more. Calculate your BMR and TDEE
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

^ this.

Read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Eat.
  • ellen1188
    Options
    You're eating too few calories. You should eat AT LEAST your basal metabolic rate. Otherwise, you're starving your body of fuel it needs and you'll have to keep lowering your daily caloric amount to see any losses-- absolutely dismantling your metabolism in the process. I recommend eating by your TDEE (check out Scooby).

Also, the scale is a lie! Inches > pounds. You would rather look fit and feel smaller than know you weigh xxx lbs, right? Keep up your progress on losing inches and get some more fuel in your body! :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? Angry body or not, no one is immune to the calories-in, calories-out rule so either your math is incorrect or it's only been a week or something. Your metabolism will slow down with that kind of deficit so it won't be quick and you'll also lose lean body mass, but the scale will start to move due to the starvation at least.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness.....

Definitely not eating enough.

Can someone provide a link of that thread talking about the girl who ate 700 calories per day and did nothing but continue to gain??
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Eat too little and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it.

Food is fuel! Can't push your body through tough workouts and then eat less than what your body would burn if you were in a coma. Doesn't add up.

Read that link a few posts up - great info there, and the best move I ever made was reading the info and following it for the past year.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost and when did you start this routine.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Except for the Trolltoro comment on carbs, you've gotten good advice. Just jumping in to add that, with a LESS than 20 lb weight loss goal, it will be nearly impossible for you to safely lose 2 lbs a week. Most people see the "2 lb loss a week" option when they join MFP, and of course think, "Yes! The faster, the better!"

The human body just doesn't work that way. With such a small amount to lose, you're better off setting your weight loss goals between .5 and 1lb a week loss max--but more technical information will be found in the threads that advocate discovering your BMR, TDEE, and perhaps following a TDEE-20% plan.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options

^ this.

Read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Eat.

^^ this
  • Ashlilee
    Options
    You have to eat more. At your current rate you are going to push your body into starvation mode.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You don't have the fat mass to choose a 2 lb per week plan - that's for those who have over 80 lbs of fat to lose. Choose nothing greater than a 1 lb per week loss.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Daily 600 net calories.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If your "metabolism" burns 1600 which I assume you mean your TDEE for being sedentary, then I think you should aim to eat that much and try to get the majority of your deficit from your exercise. Since you burn 600-700 just by working out, no harm in eating that number, satisfy your bodies need for fuel and wait it out. At only 145 and being 5'4 you don't have much to loose, so a smaller deficit is best (.5-1lb loss a week)

Check out the link that was provided and good luc!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you been restricting calories? When did you start exercising?

And you are not eating enough.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Listen to these people.

except the one about the carbs
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Q: Daily 600 net calories, no weight lost. What's wrong?
    A: Daily 600 net calories
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad:( please eat more!!!!!