Over 40, and struggled for years, found my boost finally!

Options
124»

Replies

• MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Anyone here can add me!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I turn 41 this week. I'm a daily logger with an open-to-friends diary. Rock on!
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 decided this was the New year when I finally would - lose some weight and get in shape!

So far I've lost 10.5 kg (23 lbs) since the beginning of december - would like to lose another 5-10 kg if that's possible without looking gaunt!

I'm game for more friends on here or over on the Fitbit site.

The 8 kg below relates from the 30th of December! I started 2.5 kg higher than then - honest! ;-)
  • donnadavies72
    donnadavies72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tuned 40 last year and am fast heading towards 41! this was the kick up the backside I needed to get on a fitness/health kick. I have followed the NHS couch 2 5k running pod casts and lost just short of a stone doing that with no diet changes. Now I can officially call myself a runner I am focusing on my diet.
    I would love to buddy up with someone to keep me motivated :-)
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Right there with you! Would love more 40+ friends to keep the motivation going.
  • pamlaney
    Options
    I am 52 and have been on MFP since late June. I have found the accountability of logging food & exercise and the support received from MFP friends has helped me on my weight loss journey and lifestyle change. Feel free to check out my profile and add me if you'd like to.
  • redphoenix64
    redphoenix64 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old and would like to be your friend. I need all the motivation i can get...
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! On my way to 40, and just today started back at the gym after 10 weeks away recovering from a broken bone. More motivated than ever now!
  • TinaB46
    Options
    I will be 47 in April. I have ridden the weight-loss, weight-gain roller coaster since my late teens. Now with my body changing again (sigh) I am finding it harder than ever to get motivated (i.e., have energy to work out, etc.) and stick with it. I am again endeavoring to log everything and to stick as close to the MFP goals as possible, while still living life. Starting up with Zumba again and hoping as the weather improves in Northern Maine, will be able to incorporate more outdoor activities. Would love to have some friends to provide me with motivation..!!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and been overweight my whole life. Finally decided to dedicate 2013 to getting in better health and shape. I joined up at MFP on January 9th, and so far have lost 14 lbs (as of today's weigh-in). I am trying to eat more fresh and healthy foods and keep my calories in check (based on the info given to me by my RD), as well as exercising at least 4 days a week.

I'm actually loving the way I feel with the healthier eating, and I'm really getting back into cooking, which I never had time to do when I was working full-time and going to grad school. My diary is open, and I am open to any new MFP friends who are into gaining better health.

I'm looking forward to spring, when my bf and I can start hiking and spending more time outdoors again. :)
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I want Mojo!!! I will totally be your bud. What are you doing? You are fabulous.!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    49! Want to be 50 and fabulous! Feel free to add!!!
    Good luck on your goals everyone!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    47 here. 2 mths + to 48 Add me