IM HEADING TO THE USA IN JUNE 2013!

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    may have been said as I skipped some pages but I'd just do 2 of the 3 theme parks in LA. And I highly recommend the VIP tix at them if you can. A little bit extra but it was the difference between 1hr+ waiting times and maximum 5mins at Universal.

HIGHLY recommend the grand canyon tour by chopper. I went with maverick and thought they were great.

Can these tix be purchased at the park as an addition to the SoCal City Pass? Def interested in that as I don't wanna spend all day in lines and ill have my 3yr old daughter with me so want her to see as much as possible. Doing Universal with my parents and daughter then Disneyland and Adventure Park with my daughter, cousin and his partner as my parents are not interested in those parks and going with my cuz n his partner I have someone to watch my daughter so I can go on rides as well :)

yep, you can buy them at at the parks :smile:
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    10 DAYS TO GO!!!! COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    And on your way to Miami, stop in Savannah Georgia. It is an awesome town with a lot of US history and southern bells....
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Ooooh. I'm so jealous!
    I hope to head over there again soon when my kids are a bit older.
    ENJOY :drinker:
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Hey guys can anyone tell me if there is much to do near Texas airport? I have a 1.5hr stop off there on my way from MIA to LAX.
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, New Orleans, don't miss it
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hooray for California!

The San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park (Which many of us still call the Wild Animal Park) are both AMAZING! If you have time, try to hit the beach too. You'll be super close to Huntington Beach (Surf City) and the beach is just awesome anyway.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Too bad you're not coming to the Midwest!! :-(
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have been both to the Safari park and the San Diego Zoo. I live less than 10 miles from the Safari park and about 25 from the zoo. If I had to choose one it would the San Diego Zoo. I wasn't that impressed with the Safari park.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be in Vegas, you have got to go to Mystery Adventures. It's an interactive murder mystery (but not like a dinner theater). They take you and a small group (8-12 people) to different locations that have been staged for the crime (a different one every year) and allow you to dig through almost anything to find the clues and solve the mystery. We went the first time because we had a coupon, but expected it to be cheesy (I usually hate murder mystery dinner theater), but it was a blast. Every time we go to Vegas now, we make sure to go to that. Everyone we have convinced to go has loved it as well, so it's not just us.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    If you're going to be in Vegas, you have got to go to Mystery Adventures. It's an interactive murder mystery (but not like a dinner theater). They take you and a small group (8-12 people) to different locations that have been staged for the crime (a different one every year) and allow you to dig through almost anything to find the clues and solve the mystery. We went the first time because we had a coupon, but expected it to be cheesy (I usually hate murder mystery dinner theater), but it was a blast. Every time we go to Vegas now, we make sure to go to that. Everyone we have convinced to go has loved it as well, so it's not just us.

Awesome thanks! Will check it out!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Trying to find discount tickets online at the moment for the Michael Jackson One show in Vegas.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Trying to find discount tickets online at the moment for the Michael Jackson One show in Vegas.

Have you tried sites like StubHub? :)
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Have tried every site I could find. After reading reviews from people who have seen it in the last week Im not too fussed to go anymore. 2 more days in Australia then im on a plane to the USA!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you are in Vegas, the Hoover Dam is not that far away (and seriously cool). The Grand Canyon is also a nice day trip from Vegas, and I'd highly recommend it.

That's a dam good recommendation! :)

Ha ha!
  • JenHall3310
    JenHall3310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat pasta in Little Italy, people watch in Times Square, hit up the wax museum... don't try and do too much though. There's not enough time in the day to see everything in NY.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Gotta book my SoCal City Pass and LA City Pass tomorrow!! Maybe my Go San Diego 2 Day Pass aswell.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    24hrs till I fly out of Australia!!! LOOK OUT USA!!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Welcome my friend! Have a wonderful time!