What am I doing wrong?

Options
12346»

Replies

• littleblackcar
    Options
    Carbs don't cause weight gain: Calories cause weight gain. You could definitely make better carbohydrate choices, but they might not actually make a dent in your weight (they would, however, be healthier overall). The advice about "protein keeps you full longer" is not universal: I can eat vegetables and protein all day long and still be gnawingly hungry if I don't eat some carbohydrate with my meals. Figure out what works for you.

1) See a doctor and make sure you don't have another issue. Most of us don't, but double-check.

2) Nuts and peanut products are calorie-dense so, while they are definitely good sources of protein, they may make it harder to stick to your calorie goals. Lean dairy comes to mind (go easy on sweetened yogurt, though). Beans and lentils. Soy if you can eat it. Fish? Do some research on alternate sources of protein.

Mostly, though, be patient. You can't do this right and do it fast. Sorry.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't cause weight gain: Calories cause weight gain. You could definitely make better carbohydrate choices, but they might not actually make a dent in your weight (they would, however, be healthier overall). The advice about "protein keeps you full longer" is not universal: I can eat vegetables and protein all day long and still be gnawingly hungry if I don't eat some carbohydrate with my meals. Figure out what works for you.

1) See a doctor and make sure you don't have another issue. Most of us don't, but double-check.

2) Nuts and peanut products are calorie-dense so, while they are definitely good sources of protein, they may make it harder to stick to your calorie goals. Lean dairy comes to mind (go easy on sweetened yogurt, though). Beans and lentils. Soy if you can eat it. Fish? Do some research on alternate sources of protein.

Mostly, though, be patient. You can't do this right and do it fast. Sorry.

Thank you. I felt like a crazy person for being the only person in the entire thread to talk about calories at all.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    I just looked at a couple days of your diary, and this is what I immediately noticed

*note* My diary is crap, and I really appreciate you sharing yours. Seeing how others eat really helps me, and I will be taking my own advice :)

I suggest you cut out the Special K Bars, Rice, Pasta, Hamburger (this kills me to say since I'm in the beef industry!)

Cut out ALL processed foods. Eat only whole cuts of meat - Hamburger has added fat. Stick with whole cuts of meat. Meat, veggies, eggs, dairy (hard cheeses, not pasturized processed junk - that doesn't count). Try the "white" diet, skipping flour, sugar, and bread. It has really helped me!