What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options
I am now a little less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight. My husband asked me what I wanted to eat when I finally reach it.... oh my goodness. There is a list. First thing - bacon and cheese Whataburger Jr. And then I started drooling. And some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Honestly, though. I am afraid to even open pandoras box. I am so afraid to gain this weight back. But, I will splurge. One night.... after a long run. And I will feel sick and sluggish, but I will bask in my glory!

What will you eat when you reach your goal weight?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it. Maybe the difference is that I'm losing weight while including cheeseburgers and cookies occasionally? I find that long runs are great for that!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The same stuff I eat now - ice cream, lasagna, etc. I don't make any changes in food choices, just slightly less calories (300 to be exact) since I am 5 lbs away as well.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I'm actually trying to put on a few lbs now and my foods still don't change, just the quantities.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything that I would want that I don't already eat. My favourite food is pizza and we eat that probably twice a month...I just eat a bit less of it than I normally would.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    His liver. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My goals are not relating to weight but to fitness gains which I will never stop striving for.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I will eat too much of anything. If I do though it will be a cheeseburger and fries and a chocolate shake thats not a proein one.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a "cheat night" once a week. I don't go nuts,I usually stay near my calorie intake goals. But since I started back with mfp I've had wing night at the bar, delivery pizza,and chinese takeaway and I've lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks which is perfectly healthy for my size.
    I think if I saved it all up I'd go crazy when I reached goal and binge,so instead I have treats along the way to keep me sane.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I had treats during my weight loss and now during maintenance. I just see that as a part of life but keep it as an occasional thing. I do eat more now that I'm on maintenance obviously, but more of the same kind of stuff. :smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yup, pretty much the same as everyone else, I'm not restricting anything now.

Maybe I'll allow a snack or two but my meals will be similar, just good nutrition ...
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now and have for the last year I have been doing this. There is nothing I haven't allowed myself if I wanted it so there is nothing I am desperate to have.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    The same things I eat now... healthy..... I started at 274 pounds and eating the crap is what got me there in the first place... Now don't get me wrong, I splurge here and there, but no where near like I used to...
  • kimmarsh1978
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it. Maybe the difference is that I'm losing weight while including cheeseburgers and cookies occasionally? I find that long runs are great for that!

I totally agree. I am eating exactly what I want. I want pizza, I eat it in smaller portions. If I want B&J's Strawberry Cheesecake...and I always do...I save it for once a week and only eat two scoops...I know that if I deprive myself of anything that I am wanting I will loose my drive and defeat myself and my progress. I don't have the willpower to stay away from all the food that is bad for me.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    His liver. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.

3rmlyl.jpg

;)
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight, I have a goal body fat % of 9%. When I get there I will eat the same things I do. Right now I will use the same 90/10 rule that I use now. Right right 90% of the time and allow for goodies once in a while.
  • baotzu
    baotzu Posts: 28
    Options
    Puppies are rewarded with food treats, not humans.
  • amandamb22
    amandamb22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seems to be the trend, and frankly I couldn't imagine losing weight any other way... I still have treats of a bag of Doritos or take out, just not as often and even when I eat take out I make better choices. I would hate to deprive myself, its almost cruel! I had a cheeseburger yesterday and 8-10 poutine fries... It was top shelf! And I was still under my calorie goal for the day with my exercise!

Anyway, good luck with the GW and enjoy your GW congrats meal :)
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I no longer live in southern california (where I went to college) but if I did, it would definitely be In-n-out! burger, animal style fries, and a chocolate shake.

I think one celebratory meal is fine. As we all know, one meal doesn't make you fat just like skipping one meal doesn't make you skinny. I say go for it and kill those last five pounds!!
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There is no food off limits for me, I just count calories. So it is not what I am going to eat when I get to GW but what am I going to wear. A red dress :drinker: