What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it. Maybe the difference is that I'm losing weight while including cheeseburgers and cookies occasionally? I find that long runs are great for that!

This!

ETA that I've been staying away from shamrock shakes because it's really hard to justify (especially since it's not exactly food) but If I reach my goal when they're still at McDonalds, I'm totally getting one.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat a big pile of goose liver with its own goose fat (foie gras) with a huge pile of raw red onions

but it is not a reward because it is so fatty but because it is so darn' expensive...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    We're all different and have different ideas about this. I've been at goal weight since May and haven't eaten anything different. My whole approach was to learn to quit thinking of food as entertainment or reward. I bought new clothes and took a trip.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been at goal for a while. When I reached goal I did ease up on restrictions a little, but I am doing this for health reasons , so after my last Dr visit had to tighten back up. A little harder the second time. My advice to people is make choices loosing wright you can live with for life. Its a life long journey!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I do have allow myself to give in once in awhile. And, I do not plan on eating like crazy once I reach my GW. I have not had fast food burger and fries in probably 2-3 years and I am going to celebrate. I want to and its not going to kill me (hopefully) or my weight loss. I will continue to eat the same things on a daily basis. Congrats to all of you who have successfully lost weight while continuing to eat pizza, cookies, cake, burgers, etc on a regular basis. I am not one of the people who that works for. Sorry. I do not cry because I can't eat it and I will have a cookie or two on occassion. Its not cruel. Its rewarding to loose weight and be healthy.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The same stuff I eat now, just a little more of it.

Ice cream, pizza, cake, pasta, steak, chicken, veggies, fruit, cheese, yogurt, whole grains, olive oil, candy, coffee & creamer, etc. I eat what I want - IIFYM.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Puppies are rewarded with food treats, not humans.

What about human children?
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat basically the same, but increase my calories slowly (up the daily cals 100-200 for a week or so, each week) until I seem to be holding steady with my weight. Keep tracking calories until I am sure I can maintain and keep an eye on my weight (forever) to make sure I'm creeping up.

As far as what specific foods, I haven't cut anything out altogether, so there isn't really anything to bring back. If anything, I'll probably eat pasta a little more often. It tends to be a trigger food for me, I can't seem to eat just a little (think heaping dinner plate full, probably 6+ servings) and when I do eat it I crave it like mad for weeks after. So I only eat it very rarely now.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining my goal weight for over a year now. All along my loss, I never cut out any one food or food group and have kept the motto "Eat healthfully 90% of the time." I never feel guilty when I order that cheeseburger or have a cookie because I generally eat a healthy diet that allows for treats here and there.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I haven't really stopped eating the things I ate ...just stopped eating them in such QUANTITIES!
    I still have cookies, ice cream/sorbet, danishes, etc. Just not a whole box, and not every day. I keep an eye on my portions, and log everything.
    So when I reach goal weight, i will not binge, as nothing has been forbidden to me.
    I will just keep making good choices.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The same as I am eating now---this is a "life change" for me.:smile::heart:
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I haven't really stopped eating the things I ate ...just stopped eating them in such QUANTITIES!
    I still have cookies, ice cream/sorbet, danishes, etc. Just not a whole box, and not every day. I keep an eye on my portions, and log everything.
    So when I reach goal weight, i will not binge, as nothing has been forbidden to me.
    I will just keep making good choices.

^^^^^
    This! Exactly!!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    His liver. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Ok. I'll admit I literally laughed out loud and I read it in his voice!

As for the OP: I'm with many of the others, there's nothing I've completely cut out so it won't change much for me!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it.

^^^This
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Same stuff I eat now. I don't avoid certain foods. I have learned how to make the foods I love fit in my daily goals.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Mexican
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Same things I eat now - but maybe a little more or less, depending on my fitness needs at the time.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    HEALTHY i hope
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Mexican
    NMT...we're thru
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The night I hit goal weight, I consumed about 3000 calories in pasta, margaritas, and cake. However, I was planning on going out and eating that stuff that night anyways, I just happened to hit goal weight that day.

I didn't deprive myself of anything while losing weight, so it really wasn't a big deal. *shrugs*