What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    The other thing I would say is as you are planning how to eat from here on out, consider your age. I don't know how old you are. I do eat cheat meals. However, I can't eat them nearly as frequently or as grandly as I could when I was 25 or under. Somewhere around 30-35, weight got a lot harder to lose and a lot easier to gain, even though my activity in terms of working out probably went up. So, my advice is take that into consideration when you consider what a cheat meal is. Now I have the cheat meal but it still has to be very portion-controlled.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'll eat anything in particular- I think I will just go out to a restaurant I like and order something I like to eat without worrying about exactly what is in it. I hate struggling to journal the ingredients in restaurant food. I wish they all had to show the nutritional information- not that I would necessarily make different choices, but so that I could at least know what I was eating! I'll have an explosion roll at my favorite sushi restaurant. Or the vegetable korma at my favorite Indian place. Or the chile relleno at my favorite Mexican place. And I won't worry that I can't journal the exact ingredients, I'll just enjoy them. It will be wonderful!

I think that has always been the reason why I always gained back any weight I lost in the past. I would get complacent, and stop caring about what I was eating, and how many calories it had in it. It's really so easy to consume 1,000+ calories from one meal, because you don't bother to look and see. If you atleast know what you're consuming, you can make better food choices, or make an allowance for something you really want. :)))
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'll probably celebrate with something I have only on occasion...but really, there's nothing I have deprived myself of so far. I certainly make better nutrition decisions most of the time these days and will continue that when I get to maintenance...but if I really want something, I just have it and fit it in my diary (or sometimes not...and I just eat it anyway).

I also figure that when I get to maintenance, that's just the beginning of a new goal...which will probably be to put on some LBM.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    KRISPY KREME CHEESEBURGERS!!!! I come across theese all the time. Whether it be on travel channel or internet. But im definately getting my dozen and if im feeling generous Might actually share one.

e7lcol.jpg
    2qtuzig.jpg

Cant forget my Chico's Tacos an El Paso Tradition
    2921atf.jpg
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    All the good things I am eating these days-- just a few hundred more calories of them in a day.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    His liver. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Full of win. :flowerforyou:
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    More of the same. Since hitting the heavy weights i eat more than i ever have.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I still eat the things that I like. I just eat less of them and have them less often. I also changed up some of my meals to make them less calories. When I do reach my goal I may celebrate by having a nice dinner. Probably a bacon cheeseburger with fries and shake for my favorite place. I reached my short term goal this week and I planned on celebrating by eating my Reese's chocolate heart I got for Valentine's. I have a cold right now and plan on enjoying it as soon as I am not sick. (I want to be able to taste it) After that I will be back on track and keep on trying to loss. Heck in stead of eating I might buy new clothes!!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'll probably go out for drinks once I reach my GW. I eat basically anything I want right now but I am smart about it, eat smaller amounts and make it fit in my calories for the day. I hardly drink now though because its not worth the empty calories. But hey, I'll slurge once I get to my GW.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it. Maybe the difference is that I'm losing weight while including cheeseburgers and cookies occasionally? I find that long runs are great for that!
    this minus the running lol
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I may eat an entire batch of brownies just for the hell of it.

Really though, I won't eat much differently than I do now, just more of it to maintain. I do portion management, rather than restriction, so I'm usually not missing out on much as it is.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating the same things that I eat now.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    "You are not a dog, don't reward yourself with food."
    <snip>

I rank this quote right up there with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." The idea that only dogs are rewarded with food is silly, imo. In fact, I've never rewarded our dog with food. Dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate anyways. :tongue:
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now, only a little more of it. Maybe the difference is that I'm losing weight while including cheeseburgers and cookies occasionally? I find that long runs are great for that!

I agree.
    I will eat the same as I eat now just bigger portions, because I'm eating everything :)
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Applebee's!! Lol, a steak and shrimp and then chocolate cake with ice cream for desert. Then an extra long workout the next day. :P
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am still thinking about it but I have it narrowed down to a Cinnabon or a brownie, hot fudge sundae. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    This is a horrible way to celebrate and why aren't you just eating all the foods you like anyway?

Who are you? The celebration police?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Puppies are rewarded with food treats, not humans.

Puppies are people too! :laugh:
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    frabz-eat-all-the-things-74b50b.jpg

Seriously though, I will probably continue with MFP set to maintain... have the odd splurge day here and there ;) Like pizza, I miss pizza.