1235»

Replies

• Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lying about your weight on dating sites-not relevant
    Lying about age-give or take 1 or 2 years-not too relevant
    Lying about having KIDS- red flag

If he's lying about having kids, how do you know there's no wife with said kids. This is a MAJOR lie to start off with. So no, I wouldn't continue to chat with this person.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?
    I don't understand why you even wasted your time confronting them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    No. I mean, hellz no.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This is not a dilemma, move on.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    this makes me think of :
    th?id=H.4560921160450173&pid=1.7

lies from the start...

Dear god that's a great movie...

Cool! I haven't seen it. Will have to remedy that soon.
  • NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The fact that it is an internet relationship is irrelevant, people always see internet relationships as different, they aren't!

If a guy you met in a bar turns out to be married with kids and not an CIA agent, would you carry on speaking with him?

This guy lied, say bye bye and find yourself someone worth your time!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

No, I wouldn't continue. If they asked why I didn't respond anymore I might say something quick and simple like "you lied about some significant things" and let that be the end of it. I wouldn't debate with them or justify myself or my actions. Just end it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The fact that it is an internet relationship is irrelevant, people always see internet relationships as different, they aren't!

If a guy you met in a bar turns out to be married with kids and not an CIA agent, would you carry on speaking with him?

This guy lied, say bye bye and find yourself someone worth your time!
    Who doesn't lie in bars? :laugh:

What doesn't compute for me is the idea of trying to salvage a relationship that hasn't even started yet. Isn't that the whole idea behind a dating service, is that everyone is different, and there are zillions of people out there to match up with. It allows you to find someone who is actually compatible instead of trying to lower your standards to get along with the first person you bump into.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a video game, and his avatar was female, so I assumed he was, too. We knew each other for at least 6 months before he corrected that 'misunderstanding.' He didn't *lie*... he just didn't correct all the people who assumed he was female because he is so sweet.

Yes, I kept chatting with him. ;-)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Um... yeah. I would never talk to this guy again. If you're willing to lie about your children and job field what ELSE would you be willing to lie about? His view of what is acceptable is obviously skewed. I wouldn't trust him at all at this point.

You know what they say;

If you can't be trusted with the little things, no one will ever trust you with the big things.
  • People lying on the internet?!

tumblr_m9i5jfjJxl1r2gh8xo1_250.gif
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You would've ended up chatted for a while then meet him in person when he said "oh yeah, meet my kids I didn't tell you about." You should be with someone that is upfront in the beginning. Just stop talking to him and he'll get the hint.